Getting out of lease early

Knea

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid
Hey guys,

I've honestly been pretty disappointed with the car and am trying to get out my lease early. Anybody have any tips and tricks for getting out of the lease early? I would be down to transfer my lease/ownership to someone else if they are interested. Let me know!

Hey guys,

I've honestly been pretty disappointed with the car and am trying to get out my lease early. Anybody have any tips and tricks for getting out of the lease early? I would be down to transfer my lease/ownership to someone else if they are interested. Let me know!
What is the source of your disappointment? Which trim are you leasing?

I got the Grand Touring with 21 inch aero wheels. The build quality isn't the best, weather strip on the outside is falling out, I wasn't able to charge my car the day I got my car and had to have it be sent to service for almost 2 weeks, trunk broke by itself and that needed a fix, apple carplay horribly integrated, etc. the list can go on forever. Me stating this is really not helping my case of transferring the lease ownership to someone else but if anybody is interested please let me know. It is a great deal and I will pay whoever takes the lease ownership $1500. I also want to go back to a gas car for convenience as well.

I got the Grand Touring with 21 inch aero wheels. The build quality isn't the best, weather strip on the outside is falling out, I wasn't able to charge my car the day I got my car and had to have it be sent to service for almost 2 weeks, trunk broke by itself and that needed a fix, apple carplay horribly integrated, etc. the list can go on forever. Me stating this is really not helping my case of transferring the lease ownership to someone else but if anybody is interested please let me know. It is a great deal and I will pay whoever takes the lease ownership $1500. I also want to go back to a gas car for convenience as well.
You did not mention how long you've had the vehicle, but it would appear that the items you mentioned easily should have been addressed and placed behind you. You suggest they were addressed. So, are there lingering quality or performance disappointments?

Preferring to go back to an ICE vehicle is intriguing. What are you considering?

I've had the vehicle from Late December/Early January to now. The lease supposed to end June/July 2025. For me it is a culmination of all the problems that have occurred that make me disappointed and wanting out of this lease ASAP! I am also not a big fan of the drive/suspension. Therefore I would like to get out of the lease whenever I can and if anybody is interested.

I am wanting to go back to Mercedes and getting an AMG. I like the interior and ride quality better in that car.

I've had the vehicle from Late December/Early January to now. The lease supposed to end June/July 2025. For me it is a culmination of all the problems that have occurred that make me disappointed and wanting out of this lease ASAP! I am also not a big fan of the drive/suspension. Therefore I would like to get out of the lease whenever I can and if anybody is interested.

I am wanting to go back to Mercedes and getting an AMG. I like the interior and ride quality better in that car.
Got it. Just doesn't fit you. Good luck!

Leases through Bank of America/Lucid Financial can not be transferred. I've inquired.

They have early lease break fees even if you make all monthly payments and turn in early. You can request the fee cost but they arent posted online. Lucid Financial will contact a manager, they will evaluate the time remaining and snail mail you the early break fee for your car.

How much are the fees? Honestly pretty ridiculous. They know their vehicles are not consistent so they purposefully do this. Thanks

How much are the fees? Honestly pretty ridiculous. They know their vehicles are not consistent so they purposefully do this. Thanks
There's no conspiracy here. I have never used Apple products so I don't miss Apple car play in my Lucid.

A lease is written in the contract so things go by the book.

You are not a good fit for a Lucid and that's understandable. Just pay the fee and move on. If you don't want to pay the fee, you should have bought the car instead.

Best wishes to you.

The 19 inch wheels have a much smoother ride than the 21s. I love the way the car drives. It is a stiffer and tight feel. Mercedes is completely different. It is a softer and forgiving ride. My wife has one and I hate how that drives. She does not like driving my car either. So I get it. To each their own.

Sorry you are having this problem.

It's pretty standard to have lease break fees. Not sure why you would think breaking a contract wouldn't incur a penalty.

Hey guys,

there are no tips or secrets. the only way to exit this car is to pay it off.

A friend of mine was so disappointed with a Nissan lease and his wife simply wanted no part of it any more so he paid the remaining fees and penalty to get her into something else and have peace again. I believe in that case it cost him around $12000 all-in but this was obviously a much cheaper car to begin with. Sometimes things happen.

So sorry to hear its just not working out well for you. If it was me personally, I would just deal with it until June 2025 but everyone has their own level of what they can or can't deal with. Best wishes on whatever you end up doing.

A friend of mine was so disappointed with a Nissan lease and his wife simply wanted no part of it any more so he paid the remaining fees and penalty to get her into something else and have peace again. I believe in that case it cost him around $12000 all-in but this was obviously a much cheaper car to begin with. Sometimes things happen.

So sorry to hear its just not working out well for you. If it was me personally, I would just deal with it until June 2025 but everyone has their own level of what they can or can't deal with. Best wishes on whatever you end up doing.
That part always gets me. When people pay fees and in your friends case 12k. At that point might as well just stick with it and pay the fees since you’re losing money anyways.

No conspiracy here or any lease contract. No one "purposefully does this" so let's just put that to rest.
It sounds like Lucid and indeed any EV isn't for you and that's understandable.
Out of curiousity, were you able to test drive the vehicle before you pulled the trigger? I ask because through all of the issues my car and others have had legitimately, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone dislike the way the car drives.

As others have said, I'd just drive it until your short lease expires and then get something else.
Best of luck to you.

Back