• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Get out your thinking caps.

Tesla, notably, does not do one door at a time. For the same reason Lucid didn't do it. With proximity unlock, they don't really have a reliable way to know which door you are approaching. Bluetooth just isn't accurate enough. So if you went to open the back door to drop off a box, or something, the door would still be locked.

They could let you disable proximity unlock, and then only open the driver door on first press of the fob, I suppose. But maybe there's some sort of limitation in their hardware design that prevents that? Hard to say.
Understood, thanks for your feedback.

Tesla, notably, does not do one door at a time. For the same reason Lucid didn't do it. With proximity unlock, they don't really have a reliable way to know which door you are approaching. Bluetooth just isn't accurate enough. So if you went to open the back door to drop off a box, or something, the door would still be locked.

They could let you disable proximity unlock, and then only open the driver door on first press of the fob, I suppose. But maybe there's some sort of limitation in their hardware design that prevents that? Hard to say.
That's part of the problem. My son's 30K civic fob knows exactly what door I am at and unlocks as I reach for the door and locks as soon as the fob is about 24" from the car.

And that is precisely what I mean. It should be on the left side of the LEFT Screen because the backup camera shows on the right. Same as the other users concern.
Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were saying there was a bug where it would pop up randomly on the wrong screen; instead, it’s popping up precisely where intended, and you’re not happy with the UX of it. That makes sense - I was surprised to hear about a bug where it was bouncing around screens!

Back