Genesis partnership being announced soon?

Batteryman

The 2025 EV6 has a larger battery pack vs the 2024 model- increased from 77.4 to 84 kWh .

Yet the 2025 model year Genesis GV60, which shared the battery pack with the EV6, kept the old 77.4 kWh battery.

I’m thinking Genesis , knowing they are partnering with Lucid, didn’t want to waste money and time integrating the new battery pack into the 2025 GV60.

Hyundai will allow Lucid to use its supply chain to ramp up the 3 midsize models when they arrive in 2026.

Maybe announcement coming soon, stock is up quite a bit past few days.

Tangential but I wondered if Ford’s announcement that they’re scrapping plans for an electric three-row SUV might have helped $LCID?

Ford's Lightning truck is a huge energy hog and if they make a 7 passenger SUV out of it, it would be a complete failure. Lucid stock fluctuates so much that it is hard to say why it went up. I think the market is waiting to see the actual sales of Gravity.

I'd love to see some partnership info drop, it would be great timing.

To me, this move was technical. The setup is ripe, the moving averages were setting up for a cross. I'm sure it popped up on people's screeners. Whether you like to use simple moving avg or exponential moving avg, just pull up a chart and look at the moving avgs on the 20, 50 and 200 day intervals. https://stockcharts.com/sc3/ui/?s=LCID

It has been a hell of a long time since the 20 was above the 50 and holding, let alone the 20 being above the 200. And it's setting up to pull the 50 over the 200. IE the Golden cross. This is basic technical trading 101, so I'm sure tons of people are seeing it. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/goldencross.asp

The Golden cross of the 50 over the 200 hasn't happened yet, but the first step of the 20 holding over the 200 has. Lots of technicals are pointing to a turn, and that all aligns with Gravity being released.

We are finally seeing a potential turn in LCID.

GV60 came out first as 2023 model while others were 2022. So, it's okay for them to delay it for another model year before a refresh. And, if at all there is some Lucid tech going into Genesis, I would expect it to appear in their flagship vehicles. They have Magma series of vehicles coming soon. I expect them to have Lucid tech, if at all there is some truth to this rumour. A GV60 Magma version makes sense if it comes with Lucid tech.

Back