- Joined
- Mar 11, 2022
- Messages
- 630
- Reaction score
- 492
- Location
- Cleveland, OH
- Cars
- 2021 Tesla Model S LR
Just can’t compare to Tesla, as they were the only game in town then. I just don’t those types of comparison anymore. Lots of competition now and the legacy automakers are really stepping it up like BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, etc and now have Rivian too. Totally different times and can’t afford missteps in this very competitive market.I don't know how much of a consolation this is, but recently I went back to review Tesla's stock history (very roughly).
Elon came on the scene about 2005 and the stock was sitting $1.57 in 2012 (seven years later) during the Model S era.
After the release of the Model 3 in 2016 the stock hung in the teens until 2020 or 15 years of Elon before it became profitable.
Lucid kicked off in 2013 so we are at Year 12, somewhat similar to the Model S times. Growth of the Gravity and mid-size is
almost in line with the Tesla trajectory.
I had just forgotten how dismal things looked for Tesla in 2012.