Future direction of the forum

The moderators will not censor negative comments or criticism about Lucid. We frequently discuss this topic among ourselves and we agree that the American principle of free speech is important to have a truly useful forum. While that does not extend to trolling, it is why we will never block honest criticism. Fortunately, I have not seen it in several months but I do NOT like is posts calling Lucid incompetent or Lucid executives stupid. We certainly would not have the cars we have if the Lucid Leadership team was either incompetent or stupid. It is fair to criticize decisions made by Lucid but it is not fair to call them names.

The same goes for the car. When I encounter a problem with my AGT, I like to know if others are seeing the same thing. It helps both me and the service team. I do enjoy hearing about features and capability that I have not used or did not know existed. I have learned a lot from this forum. Likewise, I like to see the suggested improvements that many forum members have made.

The moderators will not censor negative comments or criticism about Lucid. We frequently discuss this topic among ourselves and we agree that the American principle of free speech is important to have a truly useful forum. While that does not extend to trolling, it is why we will never block honest criticism. Fortunately, I have not seen it in several months but I do NOT like is posts calling Lucid incompetent or Lucid executives stupid. We certainly would not have the cars we have if the Lucid Leadership team was either incompetent or stupid. It is fair to criticize decisions made by Lucid but it is not fair to call them names.

The same goes for the car. When I encounter a problem with my AGT, I like to know if others are seeing the same thing. It helps both me and the service team. I do enjoy hearing about features and capability that I have not used or did not know existed. I have learned a lot from this forum. Likewise, I like to see the suggested improvements that many forum members have made.
To piggyback on the free speech bit: Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences of your speech. If you are disrespectful, spreading misinformation, or just being argumentative for its own sake, be prepared to be moderated. If you write personal attacks, call people names, etc. be prepared to have that thread shut down.

Also, if you have opinions that are not shared by everyone here, be prepared for others to share their disagreement. The number of people who write long rants backed up by limited evidence who then play like they are shocked others had the nerve to disagree with them or correct their facts is astounding. We're all mature individuals here, just trying to create discourse about a subject we share in common.

You wouldn't walk into an Eagles bar in Philly for the first time and immediately shout in the middle of the room "The Eagles suck. I can't stand this team. Their coach is a moron. They have no offensive line. I hope the Bears kick their butt this week. All you idiots are just a bunch of fanboys."

Or at least if you did, you'd expect to be rolled out of the bar on a stretcher.

That doesn't mean you can't saddle up to the bar, make a new friend, and a half-hour later share your frustration with the call they made on that last play. You just have to read the room a bit.

To piggyback on the free speech bit: Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences of your speech. If you are disrespectful, spreading misinformation, or just being argumentative for its own sake, be prepared to be moderated. If you write personal attacks, call people names, etc. be prepared to have that thread shut down.

Also, if you have opinions that are not shared by everyone here, be prepared for others to share their disagreement. The number of people who write long rants backed up by limited evidence who then play like they are shocked others had the nerve to disagree with them or correct their facts is astounding. We're all mature individuals here, just trying to create discourse about a subject we share in common.

You wouldn't walk into an Eagles bar in Philly for the first time and immediately shout in the middle of the room "The Eagles suck. I can't stand this team. Their coach is a moron. They have no offensive line. I hope the Bears kick their butt this week. All you idiots are just a bunch of fanboys."

Or at least if you did, you'd expect to be rolled out of the bar on a stretcher.

That doesn't mean you can't saddle up to the bar, make a new friend, and a half-hour later share your frustration with the call they made on that last play. You just have to read the room a bit.
Joe makes a really good point here. It is very easy for us to hide behind our keyboards and yell. Try to imagine this form as a face-to-face interaction between yourself and others. It’s OK to have a difference of opinion, but not to show disrespect. Remember that it is difficult to portray your tone of speech in the setting. Saying “I am flabbergasted that scheduled charging isn’t available like it is on my Tesla” is way different than “I am really hoping that scheduled charging makes it into the next update, how can I best be heard on this matter?”

Joe makes a really good point here. It is very easy for us to hide behind our keyboards and yell. Try to imagine this form as a face-to-face interaction between yourself and others. It’s OK to have a difference of opinion, but not to show disrespect. Remember that it is difficult to portray your tone of speech in the setting. Saying “I am flabbergasted that scheduled charging isn’t available like it is on my Tesla” is way different than “I am really hoping that scheduled charging makes it into the next update, how can I best be heard on this matter?”
This is the crux of it all. Say whatever you’d like, but remember that these are real people on the other end of the internet tubes. Moreover, assume good intent rather than malice whenever possible; both from your fellow forum members and from Lucid. Neither has any interest in screwing anyone over intentionally.

This is the crux of it all. Say whatever you’d like, but remember that these are real people on the other end of the internet tubes. Moreover, assume good intent rather than malice whenever possible; both from your fellow forum members and from Lucid. Neither has any interest in screwing anyone over intentionally.
So, the battery is half full? ;)

Moreover, assume good intent rather than malice whenever possible; both from your fellow forum members and from Lucid. Neither has any interest in screwing anyone over intentionally.
what do you mean? when lucid's engineers and managers decided to not include the SXM antenna, coat hook, non-hatchback trunk, and more, it was intentional. they had it out for me and made it a point to screw me. when they released the SXM app, it was solely to remind and mock me! don't they know i live in the middle of nowhere? so why was the car not designed with that in mind? everything must be designed with my personal limitations, life circumstances, and preferences in mind. screw their multi-million dollar market research, cost benefit report, cad simulations, and all forms of engineering/technical analysis. even if the issue is no where close to my area of expertise, how hard can fixing it be? I spent 150k; therefore, the CEO must meet with me to soak up my 250-mile-ownership feedback.

/s in case....

what do you mean? when lucid's engineers and managers decided to not include the SXM antenna, coat hook, non-hatchback trunk, and more, it was intentional. they had it out for me and made it a point to screw me. when they released the SXM app, it was solely to remind and mock me! don't they know i live in the middle of nowhere? so why was the car not designed with that in mind? everything must be designed with my personal limitations, life circumstances, and preferences in mind. screw their multi-million dollar market research, cost benefit report, cad simulations, and all forms of engineering/technical analysis. even if the issue is no where close to my area of expertise, how hard can fixing it be? I spent 150k; therefore, the CEO must meet with me to soak up my 250-mile-ownership feedback.

/s in case....
You had me going for a minute 😂

This forum has been an amazing resource for me. I must admit, though, as an owner and fan of the car, I am getting tired of the “here’s why I’m not buying…” and “how do I get my deposit back” posts. I’m starting to hope for a bifurcated site with owners in one branch and non-owners elsewhere, with some sort of gatekeeping logic. Am I the only one with these thoughts?
I TOTALLY agree. I suggest that you have to put up a VIN number or a confirmed deposit. To join the forum as a MEMBER and post. Non-members should be able to browse but not post in an OWNERS forum. What say you Moderators and Admins?

I also agree it would be nice to have only verified actual owners able to post on this forum but realistically I don't think that can happen. As I read over the posts I do wonder how many are really serious or are they just trolls/short sellers. As a result I tend to spend less time here but fortunately I do have access to other groups.

I TOTALLY agree. I suggest that you have to put up a VIN number or a confirmed deposit. To join the forum as a MEMBER and post. Non-members should be able to browse but not post in an OWNERS forum. What say you Moderators and Admins?
VIN is probably a bit harsh, considering how chaotic and all over the place vin assignments have been. also there are plenty of early pure reservation holders since 2020 who haven't had an opportunity to even confirm their orders. personally, i think a basic threshold of reservation would be a good starting point. if no reservation, you stay as a lurker or have certain restrictions (like no making new posts or threads, comment only on existing threads, much shorter leash when it comes to moderation, etc), and as you move up the purchase process, you get a tag next to your username (reservation, confirmation, VIN, owner, duration/mileage landmarks, etc). based on that tag, people have decide themselves how much worth and weight a comment will have.

I agree totally. Lets keep it civil and only relate good and bad on the vehicle. Personal comments can go to TikTok.

I just read through all the comments on this thread, and I agree with the folks who suggested some kind of “verified owner” and “confirmed reservation” tag. I could use the Twitter Verified tag as an example, but maybe not. Haha.

To verify ownership, you could ask a question that would require someone to dig through the menus in the car to find the answer. Hopefully it’s something that would not change with software updates.

Not sure how to deal with the reservation holder question, but perhaps there is something in the confirmation email that only they would know. I’m trying to avoid having to give VIN or reservation numbers for privacy reasons.

VIN is probably a bit harsh, considering how chaotic and all over the place vin assignments have been. also there are plenty of early pure reservation holders since 2020 who haven't had an opportunity to even confirm their orders. personally, i think a basic threshold of reservation would be a good starting point. if no reservation, you stay as a lurker or have certain restrictions (like no making new posts or threads, comment only on existing threads, much shorter leash when it comes to moderation, etc), and as you move up the purchase process, you get a tag next to your username (reservation, confirmation, VIN, owner, duration/mileage landmarks, etc). based on that tag, people have decide themselves how much worth and weight a comment will have.
Maybe VIN is too much, but I suspect that there are many short sellers and Tesla fanboys (and girls) trolling this forum with misinformation. There should be some form of verification to tag posts by verified owners and verified reservation holders. Others may disagree but this is my view. Also, my kudos to the Admins and Moderators. I also check for new posts daily and have found the forum incredibly useful as an Lucid AGT owner.

this Forum has been an invaluable learning tool. I have learned from Your experiences, both good and bad and all kinds of “try this” fixes. As one who is still waiting for my Pure to be manufactured, I would have made a less-well informed decision about my purchase and maybe would not have gone forward with it if I had only had Business Insider articles to go on. Some of you have been very helpful in addressing my questions/concerns/fears by sharing your experiences. Thanks. I am selective, though, in what I read. I have loved the recent threads “I can’t believe this happened to me.”. But If a genuine issue is flagged - that’s fine by me. If it is an issue hidden in a rant, I don‘t read it. And if it is someone simply harping on the same point time and again, I really don’t care how good their new Kia is, I am not in that market, so I self edit and skip that person’s posts. I learned a long time ago in my career that endless replies only feeds oxygen to the perpetually negative. Resist commenting and most will go away. I look for that which will be helpful to me, so please don’t ban me because I’m not an owner. End of rant.

VIN may be too much deprivatization.
I also agree it would be nice to have only verified actual owners able to post on this forum but realistically I don't think that can happen. As I read over the posts I do wonder how many are really serious or are they just trolls/short sellers. As a result I tend to spend less time here but fortunately I do have access to other groups.
Not forum for owners, but exclusive section for verified owners to put more weight than senseless troll posts.
who do we venmo the $8 to?
Clever! 🤣
But not a bad idea. Maybe forum can use it for annual raffle for Lucid swags or a little swags to the hardworking forum moderators for us.

It's way too much work to verify who owns a Lucid and who has one on reservation. As lucid scales and the number of people who own/reserve one, the workload increases for the moderators or owners. As much as I'd love to stick it to the trolls/haters/manipulators, I also don't think placing the burden of confirming who has a Lucid and who has one on reservation is something that can realistically scale.

Perhaps something like up voting and down voting posts could give the power to the community to self police. If a certain threshold of users down votes a post, the post gets minimized, but users have an option to expand it and read it; aka reddit style.

Not forum for owners, but exclusive section for verified owners to put more weight than senseless troll posts.

Clever! 🤣
But not a bad idea. Maybe forum can use it for annual raffle for Lucid swags or a little swags to the hardworking forum moderators for us.
Forget sending $8. Buy me one share of LCID.

Clever! 🤣
VIN numbers are not very private. Walk around a mall parking lot and write down as many as you want to... But I have better things to do with my time. I am not proposing having VIN's show up in the posts or member profiles, but just as part of an approvals process for Admins and Moderators eyes only.

Back