Funny Anecdote PPF Work

SubSailor

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Tesla M3, AirGT
I have my PPF and Ceramic lined up for next week. Shop asked me to bring in GT for an initial paint correction analysis and everything checked out great as far as paint thickness and no blemishes, so they deducted $300 off tab. Even though their machine has the Lucid templates, they prefer to do the front with one large xPel Ultimate sheet and roll the edges. They did want to know how they can keep the charger port door open while wrapping it. I was not sure????
The funny part, even though my SW is 2.0.47, my mobile key would not open the frunk or trunk until I pulled my card out and reset. The shop owner asked me if I would leave the card in case they had trouble getting the car to open.
The shop spent about 45 minutes looking over the car and were totally impressed. One of them was super impressed with the interior and wanted to know if they were going to ceramic it also. There were 2 C8 vettes and 2 Porsches finished and waiting pickup, so I was able to see their work up close. After finalizing the job, the owner wanted to know if I needed a ride home when I drop off the GT. I said no since my spouse would pick me up in her Model 3 Tesla. Surprise....the owner asked if he could have professional pixs done of the Lucid pre and post wrap for advertising and, if I agree, he would ceramic coat the Tesla as a perk. Of course, I agreed and will post the pixs when he completes the job. (Not the Tesla but the Lucid, of course)
BTW, with HA and ACC off, has anyone noticed a lane centering pull? (Sorry, moderators-outside the thread I know)

I have my PPF and Ceramic lined up for next week. Shop asked me to bring in GT for an initial paint correction analysis and everything checked out great as far as paint thickness and no blemishes, so they deducted $300 off tab. Even though their machine has the Lucid templates, they prefer to do the front with one large xPel Ultimate sheet and roll the edges. They did want to know how they can keep the charger port door open while wrapping it. I was not sure????
The funny part, even though my SW is 2.0.47, my mobile key would not open the frunk or trunk until I pulled my card out and reset. The shop owner asked me if I would leave the card in case they had trouble getting the car to open.
The shop spent about 45 minutes looking over the car and were totally impressed. One of them was super impressed with the interior and wanted to know if they were going to ceramic it also. There were 2 C8 vettes and 2 Porsches finished and waiting pickup, so I was able to see their work up close. After finalizing the job, the owner wanted to know if I needed a ride home when I drop off the GT. I said no since my spouse would pick me up in her Model 3 Tesla. Surprise....the owner asked if he could have professional pixs done of the Lucid pre and post wrap for advertising and, if I agree, he would ceramic coat the Tesla as a perk. Of course, I agreed and will post the pixs when he completes the job. (Not the Tesla but the Lucid, of course)
BTW, with HA and ACC off, has anyone noticed a lane centering pull? (Sorry, moderators-outside the thread I know)
There's also lane keep assist which nudges you back in as well.

Nice! Something similar, the company that wrapped my Fisker Karma back when it was new also wrapped my wife's SUV in exchange for me some SM pics and parking the Karma at their spot at Barrett Jackson for a day, and they got me in as part of their crew pass. Worked out great for them, they got a ton of people coming over to check out the Karma and they got to show off their wraps. :)

Even though their machine has the Lucid templates, they prefer to do the front with one large xPel Ultimate sheet and roll the edges.
Sign of a great installer!
They did want to know how they can keep the charger port door open while wrapping it. I was not sure????
Just plug in a charger. They can wrap it while it’s plugged in.

Back