Frunk was frozen shut this morning and tore the gaskets

The car has so much space, I doubt anyone is like nah, the frunk is the only space left because I’ve got my ufo in the trunk.

So it doesn’t matter if it “should” happen or if it is a design flaw or not — that is a separate, and potentially interesting, discussion.

But rather than lubricating foam, I would just not use the frunk in freezing temps 🥶 🤷‍♂️
And here I thought I was the only one who put UFOs in the trunk.

Here in VA, I put the cover on yesterday. No issues taking it off this morning. There was some ice on the outside of the cover, but it fell right off. I turned on the heat remotely - got it up to 79F to thaw things as best I could while still charging at home. I carry a towel with me to mostly dry it off before I put the cover on and after I take it off, but that's mostly just to avoid water stains. I think the inside of the cover is slick enough you shouldn't have any issues. Don't forget to check/fill your tires too during this cold front.

This is helpful, I am drying the car as best I can with microfiber towels and will put the cover on in what is a 30 minutes respite here soon we have between snowfall. Appreciate the insight as it will be my first time using the Lucid outdoor cover.

This just happened to me. I was about to try a can of de-icer when I read the instructions which said do not use on ‘plastic windows’. I assumed that meant any type of plastic so I didn’t use it. I was able to close the frunk but have not checked if the gasket was damaged. Seems like a flawed design, I use my frunk a lot but now I’ll need to ensure I don’t store anything in there that I’ll need in freezing weather. Would it be safe to use a de-icer on it?
Silicone spray works great on car door and trunk seals, it lubricates, protects, preserves and restores the elasticity of seals. In winter, it protects the rubber against oxidation and freezing.

Back