• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ford V2H announced

Actually the whole point of V2G is to help with the grid loading during peak times and allow you to then charge in off-peak. Unfortunately, in Socal, Edison is being a bag of dicks and is refusing to allow that to happen because then they make less money selling you electricity. But then turn around and charge you a grid connection fee and are trying to charge you to produce energy via solar because they are a bunch of asshats.
I have solar that has been adequate thus far to effectively reduce my electric bill to zero (other than the PG&E mandatory minimum charge of ~$10/month). What I'm looking for is backup power for my home when there is a blackout.

There is a level 2 plug for the lucid charger that will allow 40amps of current. That is sufficient to charge overnight and what would would get if purchasing a charger for the garage.
I perfectly understand Level 2 chargers. My comment above was wondering why Lucid did not have a Level 2 ready the minute the first Lucid left the factory. They have had years to plan them.

I perfectly understand Level 2 chargers. My comment above was wondering why Lucid did not have a Level 2 ready the minute the first Lucid left the factory. They have had years to plan them.
I think that’s a little too optimistic to think a brand new car company, used precious R&D resources to design and spec out a branded Level 2 charger during a chip & supply chain shortages while at the same time they were trying to get their car manufacturing line up and running. As much as a new company wants all accessories and ancillary merchandise available at time of the first car delivery, it’s just not financially possible.

I think that’s a little too optimistic to think a brand new car company, used precious R&D resources to design and spec out a branded Level 2 charger during a chip & supply chain shortages while at the same time they were trying to get their car manufacturing line up and running. As much as a new company wants all accessories and ancillary merchandise available at time of the first car delivery, it’s just not financially possible.
I can buy the parts on the internet and build a Level 2 charger in less than an hour.

Because the Lucid Mobile Charging Cable included with the car is capable of 120 and 240 volt connection going up to 40 amps so it is L2 ready. It will charge a 90 kWh battery from 0 - 100% in 10 hours. So while the wall charger they are coming out with is capable of 19.2, at least they are providing 9.6 kW with the included cable using 14-50.

Home generators are supposed to be connected to a transfer switch. The switch allows the house to run off “city” electricity or your generator electricity but physically can never allow your generator to send electricity into the “city “ lines.
Just to expand on that a little bit. You can have batteries (I have a 10kWh LG-Chem battery in my garage) that are part of a system blessed by the utility. It's a plus for the utility during peak hours (4pm-9m in my area) as I'm not stressing the grid. The SolarEdge inverter that is controlling the battery discharges the battery just enough to cancel out my usage - there is no transfer switch kicking in and there is no export to grid during 4pm-9pm.

In case anyone is interested, here is the Lucid Mobile Charging Cable guide

Attachments

• Lucid_Mobile_Charging_Cable_NA_Owners+Manual.pdf
    542.4 KB · Views: 668
I have solar that has been adequate thus far to effectively reduce my electric bill to zero (other than the PG&E mandatory minimum charge of ~$10/month). What I'm looking for is backup power for my home when there is a blackout.
This is what you are looking for. I expect Lucid to either team up with other supplier for similar product or provide by themselves like Ford does.

Back