For those who think there's tiny market for expensive & luxury EVs

• Luxury Cars market segment unit sales are expected to reach 216.1K vehicles in 2027.
  • The volume weighted average price of Luxury Cars market segment in 2022 is expected to amount to US$103.20k.
  • From an international perspective it is shown that the most revenue will be generated in the United States (US$7,448.00m in 2022).
My comments:
So, $103k average price and 216k units worldwide? What is very wrong with the above is there is no Tesla in their estimate. I will look at the size of the Luxury EV market which is more appropriate.

This request sure seems like not so subtle baiting me so you can jump on me for being too negative! ( which in fact I am not). Why do you even remotely think I would want to do that. I withdrew a bank check today for 166k to pay for my 2023 AGT delivered one week from today. I’m quite excited and bought the car because I like its looks and it checks my performance, range and prestige and luxury desires. Few other cars ( that I can afford) will do all of those things…in spite of the fact that it has more than its share of glaring shortcomings and flaws which I’m not afraid or embarrassed it admit or complain about. It very tedious and disappointing to be jumped on for being critical about things that to any objective person would not be upset to hear. I know this is an expensive car and many its buyers aren’t happy with those who criticize the car which in some way seems like a personal criticism. I never intended to make anything I say personal, but I really wish we could just lighten up and not be so dam serious.
Congratulations! The software in the car that you are buying is far different than early members who have logged in most of the complaints. The software is actually good at this point and is getting better by the month. With this version there is no “I love my car, but…..”

Enjoy!

That’s all this fanboy who takes personal offense to complaints about the car can think of.

Dude that's a lot of work. Thanks.

I only see one that makes my list and they fixed that one by tightening a loose ground wire on one of the 12v batteries.
I have had no software issues at all. The car in it's current state ( 2.0.47 ) is flawless.

I too, take it personally when I see my car unfairly attacked. I claim the right to face my accusers: let's see Nevada's list of cars that equal Lucid. Anyone? Anyone think of a car that equals Lucid in ANY category ?

I think folk who do not own a Lucid don't understand how great this car is. The yoke is on them.

I would admit that I might consider a car from a company that cheats on the EPA emissions tests and is behind the EA debacle, if it matched Lucid in a couple of categories that are important to me, and offered the driver experience of a top-of-the-line Porsche.

But ... the Taycan, built by a convicted criminal organization, is a golf cart; a very expensive toy for around the track or around town. Simply does not have the range to be a proper GT car. Last time I saw a Taycan he was at an EA charger (I love the irony here), plugged-in, not charging, and yelling into the phone. I had my Schadenfreude moment. He had a German accent too. The Lord works in mysterious ironic ways, and has a sense of humor.

I plugged in, charged to 80%, and drove away... saw him watching me then turn away to yell even louder in his phone. I'm sure he saw LUCID on my car ... probably knew it was quicker and has three times the range, oh, and works at the charger.

I'd hate it if I had to try an dump my loser EV on the used market, especially since the drought of Lucids is over. Who would buy that German crap?

Going out for a drive now. Did I mention I love my Lucid ?

Last edited:
which few ?
Well, i owner a Taycan turbo and it did, checked all of the same metrics that lucid does, some things better, some not quite as well but it was a great car that worked perfectly every time I used it.
I’ve never owned one but I think the Audi Etron GT would also,
Rimic one would but it’s way too expensive
EQS amg might work
There currently aren’t many and all have plus and minus to consider, I picked the AGT because in spite of what I believe it’s shortcomings are, I’ll enjoy what it dies have very much, it simply does not mean I am or should be blind or in denial of its obvious design, and software problems or critical feature omissions like SXM and Apple play (please don’t tell me again it has xm, it doesn’t and don’t tell me about coming soon, (who knows when, and who knows what it’ll actually be). On a personal note, it’s tiring for me to be cast in the role of negativity, or being overly critical, I’m not, from my point of you it feels like it comes from a place of being overly sensitive and slightly more biased than is productive to a rational, reasonable conversation.

which few ?

Congratulations! The software in the car that you are buying is far different than early members who have logged in most of the complaints. The software is actually good at this point and is getting better by the month. With this version there is no “I love my car, but…..”

Enjoy!
Thank you, I believe you’re right and I’m super excited to drive home on Friday!

I see a fair number of Taycans around Chicago, great looking car.
When they were first coming out Porsche had a pop up shop in Santa Monica to highlight them (included heritage story board and a perfect condition 356 sitting on the floor), I sat in both the front and rear of the Taycan and the back seats were hard to get in and out of the lacked room in general. The front seats also were tough to get in and out of but once in there, it was an extremely nice place to be.
It is pretty plain that Lucid should have done an SUV to start.
The reality is, these folks have been too fixated on showing Musky that they can build a better mousetrap and started with the Model S as their prey.
It has been demonstrated multiple ways on this site that the high end sedan market is small, the Air is a proof of concept and yes, getting the next couple of volume models out will be the make or break part of Lucid's story.
In some ways I would prefer them to end up under the Lexus umbrella (they know how to build, market, service but are nowhere in full electrics).

Apparently the moderators don’t mind comparing lucid to other models when it puts lucid in a favorable light. 🤔
Yikes! No hidden agenda with you…it’s out in the open. Where is there a comparison? He doesn’t mention Lucid anywhere. He only talks about the Taycan. The same with @Steveinarizona and @Lucken giving glowing reviews of their gv60 and i4. The mods don’t step in since there is no “my car has this, why doesn’t Lucid?”. We’re happy for them having found something they like and meets their needs.

Yikes! No hidden agenda with you…it’s out in the open. Where is there a comparison? He doesn’t mention Lucid anywhere. He only talks about the Taycan. The same with @Steveinarizona and @Lucken giving glowing reviews of their gv60 and i4. The mods don’t step in since there is no “my car has this, why doesn’t Lucid?”. We’re happy for them having found something they like and meets their needs.
Thanks for being happy for me, would you mind telling me what you think my agenda is?
1671733003081.gif

I don't think comparing the Lucid to the Taycan is inappropriate. I will offer my thoughts since I actually wrote out a check for the Taycan 4S but wound up walking when the Dealer tried to jack me up for an additional $9k. I am/was a Porsche FanBoy (I've owned four). Anyway, I am thankful he did that since that led to my purchase of the Dream P. Here are my thoughts comparing the 4S with the Air GT which with similar options (leather interior, 21" wheels, upgraded stereo, massaging seats, etc.) are very close in price. Lucid GT is much faster and handling is very close; Lucid has much more interior room and storage (back seat of Taycan sedan is very low on headroom and who really wants a station wagon (Turismo)); external looks are a matter of choice but both look very nice in my opinion; GT has had software issues (steadily improving) Taycan software is lacking with little improvement thus far; Range isn't in the same ballpark; Lucid comfort for long drives definitely superior. There are many other comparisons I can make, but suffice it to say I am overall very pleased with my decision to pass on the Taycan and opt for the Lucid. To each his own.
As the past owner of 3 Porsche's, I agree with the above which is why I purchased my AGT instead of the Taycan Turbo I was planning to buy.

Apparently the moderators don’t mind comparing lucid to other models when it puts lucid in a favorable light. 🤔
Nah, I've made multiple comparisons that IMO put the i4 in a favorable light compared to the Lucid for certain aspects. I've never been deleted once. Even though I might not always agree with the mods, I think they're more than fair.

BTW, I do have a Pure on reserve for almost 2 years and I'm just waiting for the call to firm up an order.

I am getting close to shutting this thread down or at least deleting the posts of people who find it necessary to argue with each other on this board.
I agree.

I see a fair number of Taycans around Chicago, great looking car.
When they were first coming out Porsche had a pop up shop in Santa Monica to highlight them (included heritage story board and a perfect condition 356 sitting on the floor), I sat in both the front and rear of the Taycan and the back seats were hard to get in and out of the lacked room in general. The front seats also were tough to get in and out of but once in there, it was an extremely nice place to be.
It is pretty plain that Lucid should have done an SUV to start.
The reality is, these folks have been too fixated on showing Musky that they can build a better mousetrap and started with the Model S as their prey.
It has been demonstrated multiple ways on this site that the high end sedan market is small, the Air is a proof of concept and yes, getting the next couple of volume models out will be the make or break part of Lucid's story.
In some ways I would prefer them to end up under the Lexus umbrella (they know how to build, market, service but are nowhere in full electrics).
Wtf are you talking about?

Wtf are you talking about?
Thanks for being direct

The OP pointed out the Porsche has had success in expensive electric sedans (I bumbled some points about in Chicago the Taycan has some take rate but it ain't a great family hauler).

The thread moved to some extent about what Lucid has to do with it's business, a lot of the points were focused on going down market (I am a sedan fan and have been enjoying my GT-P but big fancy sedans ain't going to make Lucid a big successful company). My points were more about what they do have to do (make SUVs) and that they started the company with a child-like mind set (FU Musky instead of we created a better platform and will sell more eSUVs than Coke sells to Florida.

Many folks here there and everywhere expect Lucid to fail (financially). While I don't want that to happen, if Lucid got low on cash and was gobbled up by Toyota, I would be ok with that (Yes, I believe Akio Toyoda knows more about running a company than Petey does).

Nah, I've made multiple comparisons that IMO put the i4 in a favorable light compared to the Lucid for certain aspects. I've never been deleted once. Even though I might not always agree with the mods, I think they're more than fair.

BTW, I do have a Pure on reserve for almost 2 years and I'm just waiting for the call to firm up an order.

After 14+ months on order, My wife's 2023 BMW i4M50 finally arrived yesterday(large snout included). When the weather clears up, will be able to evaluate good and bad points compared to my AGT, though the comparison is not equal as the BMW costs 1/2 the price.

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

After 14+ months on order, My wife's 2023 BMW i4M50 finally arrived yesterday(large snout included). When the weather clears up, will be able to evaluate good and bad points compared to my AGT, though the comparison is not equal as the BMW costs 1/2 the price.

View attachment 7931

View attachment 7932
Wow, mine ‘only‘ took 9 months…a full term pregnancy.

Looks like a clone of mine, sans the wheels. That seems to be mineral white, but I’m not 100% due to the lighting. Could it be Brooklyn Gray? I too deleted the blue trim in favor of black.

Good luck with it, I’m sure you’ll both enjoy it. I’m really looking forward to your comparisons. You might be surprised, despite the cost delta.

I wonder if some of the cars we see in Bear video are meant for Europe.

Wow, mine ‘only‘ took 9 months…a full term pregnancy.

Looks like a clone of mine, sans the wheels. That seems to be mineral white, but I’m not 100% due to the lighting. Could it be Brooklyn Gray? I too deleted the blue trim in favor of black.

Good luck with it, I’m sure you’ll both enjoy it. I’m really looking forward to your comparisons. You might be surprised, despite the cost delta.
Brooklyn Gray color. All season 19 inch wheels.

Back