For Science!! - Rich Rebuilds rescue an Air

I really hope Lucid pulls through and makes getting access to the diagnostics tools / parts available to independent repair shops / customers.

Not only would that help lessen the pressure on the service network, it would be a huge step in the right direction for the longevity of these vehicles.
 
Yes, lets hope they move forward. It will also help with the overcrowded SCs as out-of-warranty owners could choose independent shops for some of their maintenance/repair work.
 
Next video in this series just dropped. Sounds like Lucid is being pretty responsive compared to other manufacturers, or at least that's the narrative that the show is going with. I'm surprised they were able to get both vehicles moving under their own power. The software is more forgiving than I thought. We'll see if Lucid lifts the service mode or not.

 
Next video in this series just dropped. Sounds like Lucid is being pretty responsive compared to other manufacturers, or at least that's the narrative that the show is going with. I'm surprised they were able to get both vehicles moving under their own power. The software is more forgiving than I thought. We'll see if Lucid lifts the service mode or not.

if anything comes out of this I hope Lucid uses it as a learning opportunity to expand serviceability/certification support to third-party repair shops so they can widen their service coverage
 
if anything comes out of this I hope Lucid uses it as a learning opportunity to expand serviceability/certification support to third-party repair shops so they can widen their service coverage
Best for Lucid if they adopt this mentality on their own before legislation inevitably forces them to.
 
At 1:04 Lucid's email states: [in regard to taking the vehicles out of Service Mode] "we are just learning about the process ourselves"

I love my Lucid. That's still strange to read.
 
At 1:04 Lucid's email states: [in regard to taking the vehicles out of Service Mode] "we are just learning about the process ourselves"

I love my Lucid. That's still strange to read.
“Just learning” is a bit unnerving. What are they learning about, how to service the vehicles? What the software does?
I get there are edge cases that crop up with software that no one thought of, that’s the whack-a-mole game in software engineering. But that’s a crazy admission and could make prospective buyers shy away.
All in all though, mad props to Rich and Joey for the work they put in on the cars. Nothing like getting a 120k car for probably 15-20k all in.
 
“Just learning” is a bit unnerving. What are they learning about, how to service the vehicles? What the software does?
I get there are edge cases that crop up with software that no one thought of, that’s the whack-a-mole game in software engineering. But that’s a crazy admission and could make prospective buyers shy away.
All in all though, mad props to Rich and Joey for the work they put in on the cars. Nothing like getting a 120k car for probably 15-20k all in.
Hmm consider how you would take your furnace out the upstairs bathroom window? Probably not as you didn’t consider you would need to spend the time to develop a process you likely wouldn’t need any time soon.
It sounds to me more like we (may or may not) have a process we’ve not used before (or not often) and therefore they are working through how to make it work. We may have put off learning about the details, to proficiency, because we were busy doing what you asked.
 
I think it's far more likely that the YouTuber is communicating with someone in Lucid's legal and/or PR department who has zero technical knowledge about the product, and is learning about the process for the first time along with us. Keep in mind this letter wasn't written for public dissemination.

I wouldn't take the email to mean that Lucid has never had to deal with a car in service mode after five years of production - that's just false. Look at your mobile app next time Lucid is actively working on your car and you'll see your vehicle in service mode.
 
At 1:04 Lucid's email states: [in regard to taking the vehicles out of Service Mode] "we are just learning about the process ourselves"

I love my Lucid. That's still strange to read.
That makes me wonder if the person/team that was responsible for developing the processes has left and the remaining documentation is possibly lacking.

It wouldn't be the first time that a "genius " person or team developed something amazing but lacked the skills (or desire) to properly document it, OR they lacked the leadership to force it to be properly documented before being released.

Given how much the previous leadership rushed things it wouldn't surprise me if they took shortcuts on that front as well.

IF (a BIIIIG if) that is the case, I hope the new leadership doesn't make the same mistake.
 
Back
Top