- Joined
- May 29, 2026
- Messages
- 46
- Reaction score
- 60
- Location
- Baltimore County, MD
- Cars
- 2026 Kia EV9 Land
Rich mentioned in his latest that Lucid called him and there were lawyers involved, so as they say in top gun: it’s a dogfight.
if anything comes out of this I hope Lucid uses it as a learning opportunity to expand serviceability/certification support to third-party repair shops so they can widen their service coverageNext video in this series just dropped. Sounds like Lucid is being pretty responsive compared to other manufacturers, or at least that's the narrative that the show is going with. I'm surprised they were able to get both vehicles moving under their own power. The software is more forgiving than I thought. We'll see if Lucid lifts the service mode or not.
Best for Lucid if they adopt this mentality on their own before legislation inevitably forces them to.if anything comes out of this I hope Lucid uses it as a learning opportunity to expand serviceability/certification support to third-party repair shops so they can widen their service coverage
“Just learning” is a bit unnerving. What are they learning about, how to service the vehicles? What the software does?At 1:04 Lucid's email states: [in regard to taking the vehicles out of Service Mode] "we are just learning about the process ourselves"
I love my Lucid. That's still strange to read.
Hmm consider how you would take your furnace out the upstairs bathroom window? Probably not as you didn’t consider you would need to spend the time to develop a process you likely wouldn’t need any time soon.“Just learning” is a bit unnerving. What are they learning about, how to service the vehicles? What the software does?
I get there are edge cases that crop up with software that no one thought of, that’s the whack-a-mole game in software engineering. But that’s a crazy admission and could make prospective buyers shy away.
All in all though, mad props to Rich and Joey for the work they put in on the cars. Nothing like getting a 120k car for probably 15-20k all in.