First EV? Kind of surprising

If you go in with the expectation that you are participating in collaborative project that will develop over time, you'll be fine.
I know this from the snowmobile world, was Arctic Cat consumer field test for many years, it's all good until you have to walk home 😂

I reserved the Pure, and it will be my first EV. I've been driving MB E-Class cars for a while and like many have been waiting for an EV with a nice interior and good range. Teslas put me off for a number of reasons, MB EQS/EQE do not look good to me and the range is meh. Really looking forward to getting the Lucid.

I reserved the Pure, and it will be my first EV. I've been driving MB E-Class cars for a while and like many have been waiting for an EV with a nice interior and good range. Teslas put me off for a number of reasons, MB EQS/EQE do not look good to me and the range is meh. Really looking forward to getting the Lucid.
Yeah my plan was an AMG E class wagon, but Lucid checked the boxes for me. I wonder what’s gonna happen to the EQS over time? They sold 2000 EQS in Q1. If Lucid does the 12K this year they are predicting then that’s selling better than the EQS! I’m sure MB’s software is better worked out and it’s probably more comfy in a posh sort of way, but there’s zero people on earth thus far that have said it’s as good to drive as the Lucid…. And it charges slower with less range, looks like a bar of soap and has shit brakes.

I've been surprised at the number of people who mentioned that the Air will be the first EV they've owned. We all have different resources available but I would've thought that most would people would dip their toe in the water with a Tesla, E-tron, etc.
The closest I’ve gotten to owning an EV is a Prius non plug-in hybrid for 10 years now, as I was holding out for a non-Tesla EV. I reserved a Pure on 10/14/21. Lucid. Why settle for anything less.

My first EV. Confirmed my AGT order a couple of weeks ago for a CS with Santa Cruz interior and 19" wheels. Have not seen one in person yet, but the Boston design studio will open this weekend. Will need to drive one before wiring funds for a purchase. I do not expect delivery for months, but no problem because I trust that many of the software features should be working better than they apparently have with earlier releases. What attracted me was Peter Rawlinson's focus on dynamic capabilities and range. Totally lost interest in the new MS for a variety of reasons, not least is its rather long stopping distance.

My first EV as well. I really like the vision of Rawlinson and team. Their ability to embrace conventional thinking alongside progressive forward thinking really resonates with me. I like to drive, I like cars, I appreciate design, engineering and execution. Lucid is going to get this right - much is already very right and they will constantly improve. Plus, being and AZ guy, I think it’s cool that they are built here in our beautiful desert - well the desert down there isn’t quite as beautiful as up here - but still. On the other end of the pricing spectrum I took delivery of a Ford Maverick in January. At a $23k sticker - a way cool vehicle!

I am new to EVs. The Lucid drew me in because of its scarcity. I love my Jag XF Sport....only seen few of them around, unlike the thousands of BMW 5s, MB E's and Audi 6s. But I was ready to get a new car...a nicer car....wanted an EV ....Teslas are everywhere. LUCID IT IS!!!!
I never owned an EV, I wanted a Tesla but I am also a huge CarPlay user and that held me back. I've been waiting for a Tesla level car to support CarPlay and that is why I finally going EV. Sounds crazy but I can't drive without CarPlay.
Wait,I thought CarPlay is not available and nobody can tell us if/when it will be. Did I miss something?

You did not miss anything.

New to full EV as well. I live in a cold, high altitude, remote area so the 500 mile range was the tipping point for me.

I'm hoping to get from San Francisco to Tahoe -- 200 miles with 7000 feet elevation gain on a very cold day -- without stopping for juice.

New to full EV as well. I live in a cold, high altitude, remote area so the 500 mile range was the tipping point for me.

I'm hoping to get from San Francisco to Tahoe -- 200 miles with 7000 feet elevation gain on a very cold day -- without stopping for juice.
Keep your foot out of it, will be 0 problems making that trip.

What is the point of 1,000 HP if one keeps the foot out of it?
To make it to your destination without stopping like they asked? Example - my drive to my shop is 15.6 miles, it was in the upper 40s this morning - flat commute with minimal elevation gain. My 2019 MS used 24 miles of range to get here, running climate at 76 degrees and driving 70-80 mph. Try that in freezing temps and watch your range disappear while trying to climb elevation.

The closest I’ve gotten to owning an EV is a Prius non plug-in hybrid for 10 years now, as I was holding out for a non-Tesla EV. I reserved a Pure on 10/14/21. Lucid. Why settle for anything less.
I haver been working my way up. a 2007 Prius traded in for a 2011 Prius given to my son in 2016 for a BMW 330e, sold the 330e back to BMW in December of 2017 and got a 2018 BMW 530e (PHEV).

My Air GT will be my first EV. I pre-ordered the forthcoming 2019 Audi eTron SUV in the Fall of 2018. At that point, Audi had revealed few of the specifications for the car, but were taking fully-refundable deposits. The deposits are fully refundable up to the point of you taking delivery of the car from your dealer! Customers would spec the car on Audi's website, Audi would build it to that spec, and ship it to your dealer. The final price would be negotiated between the customer and the dealer. In Spring (?) 2019, Audi released a range figure of 204 miles for the car. Audi built a vehicle for me, but when it was in transit my dealer informed me it was missing an option I had selected (rear-seat air bags). After going back and forth with the dealer about finding a car that more closely resembled what I had ordered, I ended up cancelling the order. The low range, relatively high price (about $87K), and the fact that Audi didn't build the vehicle the way I had specified it, ultimately convinced me the car wasn't for me.

Can't wait to see the real world results of folks like you driving there Lucid is conditions like that, please keep us posted next winter with your experience.

Last edited:
My first EV after 30 years of driving a 1992 Lexus LS400 (15 yrs; 215,000 miles; one of the best engineered ICE I've ever driven) and 2007 LS460L (15 years; 178,000; the most comfortable and roomy rear seat ever). Each of them had/have many more years of service to go.

Friend mentioned "Lucid" two years ago -- "what's a Lucid?" Went to the website and BAM, I took the bait. Color offerings were ho-hum, but the promises were spot on!

"The decision to change is revolutionary. The process of change is evolutionary."

So it is, with Lucid. My decision was on the spot two years ago. Now, I (and other DE owners) am living our Part Two! :) In for a penny, in for a pound.

That’s my plan :)
from what ABRP shows it should be “easy” … with a large enough buffer that I believe it.

BUT … I do not know if abrp takes temperature into consideration, or if it knows the elevation gained on the route (I assume so, but only just started using it)

Back