First day impressions: the good and bad

That's sort of what this thread is for. Top of the General forum.

But you are right. We could update that and / or add a separate thread just for resets.

I suggest writing them all down in a notes app of some sort.

Here's my measurement from REW baseline and the equalizer setting I'm using.

Attachments

• air measurement.jpg
    air measurement.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 87
I took delivery late yesterday and it was dark by the time I got it. Took the touring out for a drive today. A lot of the generally impressions are similar to other that have been covered to death: love the drive, cup holder too small, can't wait for Apple CarPlay ... etc.

A few things did stand out for me:
  • Wireless charging work fine with iPhone 14 Pro Max in a case. I did have to wiggle the phone a little bit and to my surprise it was charging my phone. This is different from most of the report from the forum, I'm not sure if it's my case or Lucid improved their production. But this is definitely a welcome change.
  • Once retracted my pilot panel can't come down, we saw this issue during delivery and the service team fixed it with a hard reset. But it happened again and doing a hard reset did not resolve it. Somehow when I pulled into a parking slot, and the panel attempted to come down to show the camera a few times and it succeed. For the problem see the attached video.
  • I also had my first charge session with EA, initially it had an authentication error and the car prompted me to unplug and try again. Once I did that it authenticated, and I had to choose the station in the Lucid app and the car begin charging without me having to dealt with the EA app. I was at 49% state of charge and only did maybe 1-2 mins of preconditioning, the peak charge rate was kW from a 150kW station.
  • The base seems to be a bit weak on first listening impression, I'll probably measure it using REW with a calibrated mic later and see if I can tune the audio parameters. I'll definitely report back.
Overall, I think it's not perfect, but is pretty good.
I had similar issue with the pilot panel opening and then "bouncing" back to close position. I noticed that it wasn't fully retracted in the closed position. I gently push the pilot panel further into the retraced position. It move with slight resistance. Havent had a problem since, but I did not it on the delivery report.

This happens to me with some frequency. The same workaround by pushing the screen in does work for me, but we shouldn't be relying on workarounds like this. The Lucid service team suggested that I bring in the Lucid to replace the carrier mechanism the screen sits on. I'll do that later next week after my car is done with detailer doing a full wrap. While I'm a little disappointed about having to fix this, I'm happy that the service center does carry parts to fix things promptly, unlike Tesla.

To reset my I Pace, I have to disconnect and reconnect the 12V battery after taking apart a portion of the frunk. Or, press and hold the emergency call button for 5 seconds and then wait 15 minutes.
I see you come from I-Pace. I am current driving an I-pace FE and waiting for a Pure. If you do not mind, can you share you experience in comparison? Thanks.

so many secrete ways to reset the car, why can't they just put a hard reset and soft reset button in the menu there ... I'm sure a reset does not take 20 minutes.
Is there a list and descriptions of the various ways to reset the car. Would be useful for many new owners

Try a keycard reset, which can sometimes fix bass issues.
I've seen many people mention that the cupholders are too small. There are many different cupholder accessories on Amazon that convert a standard cupholder into a larger cupholder or two cupholders or ...

Back