RESOLVED First attempt at scheduled charging with LCHCS failed

coma24

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, Honda S2K AP1
Plugged car in, it started charging, as expected. I selected the option while in the car to stop charging, but left the cable connected. The UI reflected the fact that the cable was plugged in, but the car was not charging (as intended). I then enabled scheduled charging with a 3am start time.

Woke up the next morning....no change in the charge level.

Is it apparent what was wrong with the process I used? Any tips?

Plugged car in, it started charging, as expected. I selected the option while in the car to stop charging, but left the cable connected. The UI reflected the fact that the cable was plugged in, but the car was not charging (as intended). I then enabled scheduled charging with a 3am start time.

Woke up the next morning....no change in the charge level.

Is it apparent what was wrong with the process I used? Any tips?
You may have needed to disconnect and reconnect the cable once the charge stopped, if you tell it to stop charging manually. I’m not sure; I’ve never actually told it to stop charging through the car, heh

So, the sequence is to have scheduled charging enabled in the car, then plug in? I guess I'll be able to tell if that's likely to work based on whether the car starts charging immediately or not.

So, the sequence is to have scheduled charging enabled in the car, then plug in? I guess I'll be able to tell if that's likely to work based on whether the car starts charging immediately or not.
After plugging in, check to make sure that the app shows charging scheduled.

So, the sequence is to have scheduled charging enabled in the car, then plug in?
Right, that's what I do. Scheduled charging is pretty finicky in the Air, and it's best to find one method that works and stick to it.
My advice would be to not open the phone app after you've plugged the car in, or it may start charging immediately. At least it's done that to me a few times.

If you have notifications allowed for the app, the *charging scheduled" notification should show up immediately after plugging in without having to open the app.

Right, that's what I do. Scheduled charging is pretty finicky in the Air, and it's best to find one method that works and stick to it.
My advice would be to not open the phone app after you've plugged the car in, or it may start charging immediately. At least it's done that to me a few times.
They supposedly fixed this an update or two ago. Hasnt' happened since that update. Give it another shot!

They supposedly fixed this an update or two ago. Hasnt' happened since that update. Give it another shot!
Inscrutable release notes...would have been helpful to know this.

I did eventually test this. Indeed, what I ran into was an edge case (trying to enabled scheduled mode while the cable was already plugged in). With scheduled charging enabled, everything behaved normally when plugging in the cable. All set!

Back