Finally Got Our Touring!

Gizmoidal

Verified Owner
Cars
Zenith Red AT
We picked up our Zenith Red Air Touring in Seattle on Thursday. Because we live in Portland, Lucid flew us up to Seattle and arranged Lyfts from home to the Portland airport and from SEATAC to the Lucid delivery studio. The experience was first rate. Our DA was Marcus Chong. He was patient, thorough, and highly knowledgeable. We spent at least two hours with him, maybe more. To my untrained eye, there were no issues with the vehicle at all. The 200 mile drive home was remarkably pleasant. If I'd made that drive in my EV6, I would have felt crippled. In the Lucid, though, I felt ... fine? Like I could keep going? Not tired? It still surprises me.

I know that people here have mentioned it, but I was really unprepared for the smoothness of the ride. It's like riding a cloud. I drove in Smooth most of the way because, incredibly, Smooth in the Lucid has the same responsiveness as the most aggressive mode (Sport) in the EV6. Our driveway is gravel and is in need of repair; in the EV6 and my wife's Legacy, it can be a jouncy ride even at 10 mph. The Lucid just smooths it out.

I signed up for the two-month trial of Tidal for a few bucks. Not sure I'll keep it but I wanted to give it a shot just because of the Atmos.

About the only real issue so far was that I had an intermittent error popping up telling me that the LiDAR sensor was blocked and needed to be cleaned. The message would stay up for a few seconds and then go away. It was raining steadily because, you know, Seattle, so not sure if that had an effect. After about a hundred miles into the drive the message stopped appearing and hasn't reappeared since.

Oh: A note to others in the PNW who might be considering Zenith Red. In the cloudy light that we enjoy(?) for much of the year, the color looks like mud brown. I know it will be gorgeous once I get to see it in full-spectrum sunlight, but I'm honestly not sure I would choose this color again for the Pacific Northwest.

I absolutely love this car. Getting PPF the first week in May (the earliest appointment I could get at the shop I chose). Until then I'm trying to drive defensively and park a looooong way from anyone else.

Thanks to everyone here who recommended upgrading from the Pure to the Touring. It was the right call.

We picked up our Zenith Red Air Touring in Seattle on Thursday. Because we live in Portland, Lucid flew us up to Seattle and arranged Lyfts from home to the Portland airport and from SEATAC to the Lucid delivery studio. The experience was first rate. Our DA was Marcus Chong. He was patient, thorough, and highly knowledgeable. We spent at least two hours with him, maybe more. To my untrained eye, there were no issues with the vehicle at all. The 200 mile drive home was remarkably pleasant. If I'd made that drive in my EV6, I would have felt crippled. In the Lucid, though, I felt ... fine? Like I could keep going? Not tired? It still surprises me.

I know that people here have mentioned it, but I was really unprepared for the smoothness of the ride. It's like riding a cloud. I drove in Smooth most of the way because, incredibly, Smooth in the Lucid has the same responsiveness as the most aggressive mode (Sport) in the EV6. Our driveway is gravel and is in need of repair; in the EV6 and my wife's Legacy, it can be a jouncy ride even at 10 mph. The Lucid just smooths it out.

I signed up for the two-month trial of Tidal for a few bucks. Not sure I'll keep it but I wanted to give it a shot just because of the Atmos.

About the only real issue so far was that I had an intermittent error popping up telling me that the LiDAR sensor was blocked and needed to be cleaned. The message would stay up for a few seconds and then go away. It was raining steadily because, you know, Seattle, so not sure if that had an effect. After about a hundred miles into the drive the message stopped appearing and hasn't reappeared since.

Oh: A note to others in the PNW who might be considering Zenith Red. In the cloudy light that we enjoy(?) for much of the year, the color looks like mud brown. I know it will be gorgeous once I get to see it in full-spectrum sunlight, but I'm honestly not sure I would choose this color again for the Pacific Northwest.

I absolutely love this car. Getting PPF the first week in May (the earliest appointment I could get at the shop I chose). Until then I'm trying to drive defensively and park a looooong way from anyone else.

Thanks to everyone here who recommended upgrading from the Pure to the Touring. It was the right call.

Congratulations on your AT. I took delivery of mine on 3/21, same color. I'm sorry that you live in that part of the country though. It's very beautify in the sun as you suspect. You will have to bring it to Colorado. Enjoy your ride!

Like you, the first thing I noticed was how smooth the car is. The LIDAR warning message in the rain is very common. Congrats!

It's easy enough to say that the Air drives extremely well. But until you actually experience it for a couple hours at a time, it's hard to imagine the difference it makes in enjoyment and comfort. A lot of people think that their brand X (or brand T ;)) EV drives fine, or even well. But they have no idea of what's possible, what the Air offers.

Congrats! Very much agree with the smoothness, here on DC's potholed streets the car is noticeably more composed and less 'crashy' over bumps. And on half-way decent surfaces it just seems to soak up all the imperfections.

What amazes me are the Air's Bilstein Damptronic shocks are set to full open rebound and compression in Smooth mode. Only until you select Swift or Sprint are the shocks electronically controlled.

All this and the Air still rides and handles better than my Audi with adaptive shocks and air springs!

Like you, the first thing I noticed was how smooth the car is. The LIDAR warning message in the rain is very common. Congrats!
I texted my DA about it. He said both vehicles delivered that morning had reported the issue, then speculated that a recent software update may have affected the sensitivity of the LiDAR sensor. Have folks here noticed it getting worse lately?

It's easy enough to say that the Air drives extremely well. But until you actually experience it for a couple hours at a time, it's hard to imagine the difference it makes in enjoyment and comfort. A lot of people think that their brand X (or brand T ;)) EV drives fine, or even well. But they have no idea of what's possible, what the Air offers.
Boy howdy! Driving the Air these last couple of days has been a revelation for me. I'm feeling the need to evangelize this amazing vehicle.

I texted my DA about it. He said both vehicles delivered that morning had reported the issue, then speculated that a recent software update may have affected the sensitivity of the LiDAR sensor. Have folks here noticed it getting worse lately?
Yes it's been worse since the most recent update that added CarPlay. I never saw the error in my 4 months of ownership until that update.

I took delivery of our Air Touring before the CarPlay update, and during the rains, still got the Lidar blocked message.
Interesting. I'm in Dallas and we don't get a lot of rain so its possible I just hadn't noticed it in an earlier firmware because I didn't encounter rain.

Hey Gizmo . . . . you and I (and probably some decent % of newer LUCID owners) went through the same angst in decision making. Way more $$ than I could reasonably justify, but then again, sometimes reason has to be argued with ! I also made the upgrade from Pure to Touring because of the incentives (Legacy pricing was a smaller differential, getting the $7500 credit) and because my #1 criteria for a vehicle (EV or other) is seat comfort. To that end, while LUCID had difficulty providing details/specs of the difference, it was clear that at minimum the thigh extensions would be missing with Pure trim level, and so I became concerned that the Pure would not provide what I look for in a vehicle. Anyways, great minds think alike and hope your enjoying your Touring as much as I am !

Noticed you bought atmos- why didnt you use the lucid provided code?

Hey Gizmo . . . . you and I (and probably some decent % of newer LUCID owners) went through the same angst in decision making. Way more $$ than I could reasonably justify, but then again, sometimes reason has to be argued with ! I also made the upgrade from Pure to Touring because of the incentives (Legacy pricing was a smaller differential, getting the $7500 credit) and because my #1 criteria for a vehicle (EV or other) is seat comfort. To that end, while LUCID had difficulty providing details/specs of the difference, it was clear that at minimum the thigh extensions would be missing with Pure trim level, and so I became concerned that the Pure would not provide what I look for in a vehicle. Anyways, great minds think alike and hope your enjoying your Touring as much as I am !
It sounds like our journeys were indeed the same. I am absolutely loving the Touring and am convinced it was the right choice. 100% would make the same choice again. My wife is having a hard time shutting me up about when we're going to take a road trip in it.

They should have sent it to your email
IMG_1814.jpeg

Nope. Got no such thing. Have any other recent buyers received this offer? It would have been nice but it's not a huge deal. I'm about 90% sure I'm going to cancel my subscription after the 2-month trial period, and another month probably wouldn't affect that.

Nope. Got no such thing. Have any other recent buyers received this offer? It would have been nice but it's not a huge deal. I'm about 90% sure I'm going to cancel my subscription after the 2-month trial period, and another month probably wouldn't affect that.
See if Best Buy still has it's yearly subscription offer.... $120 for a year.

Reactions: off
Back