Finally first time seeing turtle

20230926_135637.jpg

We're twins!!!

anyone knows how fast one can drive in Turtle mode? in other words can you drive on the highway or do you have to take local roads once this shows up.

I’ll find out when I go see SA next time pick up.

Do you also have 2 wallboxes on a 60a? If so jinx! Lol

No, just one. Yes, 60amp. I see you have 2 tubes attached to yours, daisychained?

anyone knows how fast one can drive in Turtle mode? in other words can you drive on the highway or do you have to take local roads once this shows up.
SA actually didn’t drive. I just login to my mobile app and saw only 1 mile gained. I think he trailered a loaner to my neighborhood, dropped the loaner and picked up my car and loaded back to trailer and tow it back to Service Center.

You guys with the 2 EV's and 2 car garage. How do you charge both cars? Do you swap places or run the cable under or over the other car to charge? Just thinking for the future.
2 EVSEs here. One Chargepoint Flex and one Enel X Juicebox. Technically we're 1 EV and 1 PHEV, but we'll get to 2 EVs at some point relatively soon.

Do you have a service center near you?

@joec would you get a loaner being in Colorado if you had to put your car in for service?

I'm on SLC and usually I just Turo rent a car cause a loaner here is impossible probably
I believe there is at least one loaner in Colorado now. But I haven’t needed service for quite a while now, so I don’t know what the deal is for who gets one. My guess is they prioritize for folks who are having really bad issues. Something like a turtle event sounds about right.

Otherwise, I’ve gotten a rental here the two times my car went in. They set it up for me and paid the bill.

I’m going to schedule my one-year service soon, so I will ask around then. Evidently there’s a new location where service is working here now. Not an official service center, but maybe a bigger rented facility?

Punishment for me getting stranded left fob inside the car. I hardly use fob since owning this car.
FBFC7E2D-173E-48A9-ADAD-1B401B790060.jpeg

Whata?! How?! Same brands, same colors and even the same WallBox EVSE that is hardwired. I am no longer unique. 😤
Ha! I have the same rides and Wallbox Pulsar Plus (2x) as well! But different colors (Forest Green / Quantum Gray)

‪Lucid never disappoint me their service. However, this time they capped the speed limit to 87mph and reduced HP for this GT loaner. I see Lucid is just protecting their asset, nothing wrong; but it is so hard not to drive more than 87 in this phenom. ‬
That would concern me on highways out here. Some sections have a 75 mph speed limit and cars are regularly going over 87. I would be worried about trying to pass an 18 wheeler when the speed limit cut in on me.

I recall that there was a dead zone in the cupholder that sometimes couldn't sense the fob. Are you saying they had a fix for that?
I had thought that they had just fixed detection inside the car in general. Maybe the dead zone is still there but I am just curious how easy it is to lock the key in the car. There’s definitely times where I have left my phone on the charger when I get out on accident. Curious if that would lock me out of my car and if I need to be super careful.

I had thought that they had just fixed detection inside the car in general. Maybe the dead zone is still there but I am just curious how easy it is to lock the key in the car. There’s definitely times where I have left my phone on the charger when I get out on accident. Curious if that would lock me out of my car and if I need to be super careful.
The times I've accidentally left my phone on the charger, my car didn't lock when I walked away. It stayed unlocked as if I were still sitting in it. Not sure if it would have stayed that way indefinitely, though.

I'm not likely to go ten minutes without realizing my phone isn't with me, so I'll likely never find out.

My wife has also accidentally left a bag with her fob in it in the frunk a few times while we were together. Again, the car just didn't lock so long as her fob was still near the car. But I'm imagining if the car fell asleep, it may lock automatically. And then I'm not sure what happens after that. I've always had my fob and phone on me in those cases, so I would have been fine, regardless.

I also carry my keyCard in my wallet. And that seldom leaves my pocket while I'm in the car.

Back