Finally first time seeing turtle

So I got my car back from Service Center last week while I was out of town. They fixed it, replaced new rear motor and delivered to my house while I was away. It is driving great like nothing happened.

So I got my car back from Service Center last week while I was out of town. They fixed it, replaced new rear motor and delivered to my house while I was away. It is driving great like nothing happened.
Did they tell you exactly what was wrong with the rear motor and why it failed? Or just the rear motor was bad and that was it?

Did they tell you exactly what was wrong with the rear motor and why it failed? Or just the rear motor was bad and that was it?

They didn’t state any cause, just saying they are replacing rear drive unit. They took the car Saturday and finished by Thursday to deliver back to me while I was away. I’m too afraid to ask. But it is drive like nothing happened. Not as it was driving sluggish at all in the past. It just doesn’t feel anything different at all. I’m just happy they were able to fix it so promptly during my business trip.

You guys with the 2 EV's and 2 car garage. How do you charge both cars? Do you swap places or run the cable under or over the other car to charge? Just thinking for the future.
Two chargers for us. ChargePoint Flex charges the Leaf and the Lucid Home Charger for the Lucid. We have two since the Leaf needs to be charged mostly every night. Otherwise we would be fine with one, positioned where the cable would reach either. I only charge the Lucid 1-2x per week.

Just got the Turtle over the weekend. It had been a minute since a critical failure so I was getting lulled into a false sense of security. Tow truck is on the way to take it to the service center.

For those that have this done, how long was the turnaround on the fix?

Just got the Turtle over the weekend. It had been a minute since a critical failure so I was getting lulled into a false sense of security. Tow truck is on the way to take it to the service center.

For those that have this done, how long was the turnaround on the fix?
Depends on why it turtles. Expect a few weeks. Sorry to hear about your situation!

Womp womp, turtle time for me :( They talked me through The Reset reset using the brake/steering buttons. No improvement, so sounds like a tow truck is on its way, and I've got a good hour of reading through the library of similar owner experiences on the forum. As fellow evangelists of an otherwise fantastic vehicle that admittedly/understandably has its share of gremlins, feel free to respond with thoughts/prayers/words of encouragement and support <3

Attachments

• 1000026869.jpg
    1000026869.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 1000026871.jpg
    1000026871.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 1000026872.jpg
    1000026872.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
It's painful. That means you love it...need it.

Had similar experience nearly two years ago.
A Mobile Service visit diagnosed a faulty module. It was trucked to the service center and it came back perfect.
The Lucid has remarkable self-diagnosis and protection. Alarms are a big part of keeping the ownership experience joyful.

Getting near my second year / 12,000 miles...... it keeps getting better.

You are in the right place.

Womp womp, turtle time for me :( They talked me through The Reset reset using the brake/steering buttons. No improvement, so sounds like a tow truck is on its way, and I've got a good hour of reading through the library of similar owner experiences on the forum. As fellow evangelists of an otherwise fantastic vehicle that admittedly/understandably has its share of gremlins, feel free to respond with thoughts/prayers/words of encouragement and support <3
You’ll get your car back better than before. :)

Just the support I needed. Thanks @borski @Cosmo Cruz ! Whatever bug it caught seemed to really do a number on it since only a third of the rear light bar was illuminating when the tow driver was driving it onto the the tow bed. Sad Air indeed, and hope she gets the car she needs.

In the meantime, AGT loaner upgrade!

Car has been de-turtled and is driving just as dandily as it had prior, having had its left and right "gateway modules" replaced. Umm, anyone know what the hell those things are? Can't seem to find info online or searching the forum. Either way, stellar job from the Millbrae team, both in communication as well as flexibility/responsiveness in providing a nice GT loaner (s/o Christopher Robinson, who's shown time and time again why his more than just a "Chris").

I will however say that, as inviting as the Santa Cruz interior is, g'damn does it get dirty and discolored - even with only 15k miles on the car. Is that by design, and intended as sociopolitical commentary on the state of the boardwalk bearing the same name? Point made if so.

Car has been de-turtled and is driving just as dandily as it had prior, having had its left and right "gateway modules" replaced. Umm, anyone know what the hell those things are? Can't seem to find info online or searching the forum. Either way, stellar job from the Millbrae team, both in communication as well as flexibility/responsiveness in providing a nice GT loaner (s/o Christopher Robinson, who's shown time and time again why his more than just a "Chris").

I will however say that, as inviting as the Santa Cruz interior is, g'damn does it get dirty and discolored - even with only 15k miles on the car. Is that by design, and intended as sociopolitical commentary on the state of the boardwalk bearing the same name? Point made if so.
I ceramic coated my interior when I first got the car. And my carpets are holding up great. Sure, they get muddy, but I have little trouble getting them back to clean.

Joy to the Lucid Owners community. The self-diagnostics / safety on this car is awesome.

check out the floor mat conversations on this site

I like a light colored interior. So my GV60 has a white/grey color scheme with beige carpets. The first thing I did was order black OEM carpets and stored the beige ones. Otherwise, I would expect your interior to hold up well to wear, tear and discoloration.

All loaners are supposed to be limited. Which makes total sense. I have no problem with that.

They should warn you about it when you get the car, though. It can be jarring when you hit the hammer and expect the usual acceleration and instead get stuck at 88 or whatever it is.
I love the 88mph choice:p

I was told this the most recent loaner I had last month (self inflicted wound and they still provided me a loaner but it was probably because I was also having 2 warranty issues addressed at the same time. But anyway, I wasn't have an issue with it until the nasty surprise of trying to quickly pass a semi-truck on the highway and getting stopped at around 84mph (I was told they are all now limited to 80mph btw)

Back