Feature request: automatically lower volume when open door

pyle112

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid touring
Since there is no shut down when exiting the car, would be good to have the music auto lower the volume when the doors open so everyone doesn't here me blasting Tupac.

Since there is no shut down when exiting the car, would be good to have the music auto lower the volume when the doors open so everyone doesn't here me blasting Tupac.
Great taste in rap, and that is actually a very good idea!

Just push the stop button.

This. I've made it part of my parking sequence. Hit park. Pause the music. Open the door. Takes 2 seconds, if that?
For the price we've paid, this should act more luxury. But I get it, we are beta testing everything for the company but that's for another discussion.

For the price we've paid, this should act more luxury. But I get it, we are beta testing everything for the company but that's for another discussion.
Please review the guidelines. This comment provides little value to the thread or anyone else on the forum, serving only to be negative in nature, and overly simplistic.

I’ve left it up, but future ones may not be.

Happy holidays, and my best wishes to you and your family!

Please review the guidelines. This comment provides little value to the thread or anyone else on the forum, serving only to be negative in nature, and overly simplistic.

I’ve left it up, but future ones may not be.

Happy holidays, and my best wishes to you and your family!
Understood. What I should have said is that extra steps, however simple they are, is not an ideal solution, and I hope these forums are reviewed by the company to take our suggestions to improve the overall lucid experience.

I have a question about the opposite. How do I stop the car from auto playing music when I enter the car?

Understood. What I should have said is that extra steps, however simple they are, is not an ideal solution, and I hope these forums are reviewed by the company to take our suggestions to improve the overall lucid experience.
Some Lucid employees do monitor the forum but they may not read every post. It is always best to email comments and suggestions to Customer Care so that they get logged into their system.

I have a question about the opposite. How do I stop the car from auto playing music when I enter the car?
The answer is the same. Pause when you get out and it shouldn’t auto-play when you get back in.

I’d love this too. The suggestions on taking extra steps is missing the point I feel. This car segment is about people who care about the details. I also own an old Model S, and I hate whenever that feels more luxurious than my Lucid 😉

I actually prefer having manual control. I don't always want music or a podcast playing immediately when I get into the car, and I don't always want it to stop just because I've stopped the car or opened my door. Sometimes I'm just stepping out for a second, or I'm opening the door to reach a ticket machine in a parking lot, etc.

I prefer control, and I'm not that lazy.

To me, this is luxury. Older, cheap cars have autoplayed everything for decades, assuming the lowest common denominator of what a majority of what people like is good enough for everyone. And they stop automatically because in an ICE car, turning off the engine means turning off power to the entire system. Which is completely unnecessary in an EV.

Just because something has been a certain way for a long time doesn't make it right. It just makes it what you are used to.

I would like to have the volume adjust based on the speed of the car...my 15 yr old MDX had that feature, would love that on my Air
Yes, that has been a feature request since day 1. It's on the list that @Bobby put together on lucidupdates.com

I guess I'm just used to my Corvette. When the driver's door opens, the music stops.
Is that before or after your car turns off?

I would like to have the volume adjust based on the speed of the car...my 15 yr old MDX had that feature, would love that on my Air
I don't notice that much difference in ambient noise going 20 vs 80.

Back