Falling Asleep During Charge

gulfambrian

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Lucid GT. I plug it in (at home). It will charge for a period of time, and then go to sleep and start charging. I go into my phone (or walk near the car). It wakes up, and starts charging again. This happens over and over. And has consistently since bringing the car home in May. I had it taken in for service. They claim to not be able to replicate the issue. My next step is to check the outlet, but I owned two Tesla Model S's prior to this, and never had a similar issue. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas how to resolve other than having to have my phone wake the car multiple times/night to get my full charge (80%).

Lucid GT. I plug it in (at home). It will charge for a period of time, and then go to sleep and start charging. I go into my phone (or walk near the car). It wakes up, and starts charging again. This happens over and over. And has consistently since bringing the car home in May. I had it taken in for service. They claim to not be able to replicate the issue. My next step is to check the outlet, but I owned two Tesla Model S's prior to this, and never had a similar issue. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas how to resolve other than having to have my phone wake the car multiple times/night to get my full charge (80%).
Are you using the Lucid supplied charger or a EVSE?

Lucid suppled charger.
This might sound stupid, but have you ensured the plug is pushed all the way into the charger? Also, when service took it in, did they use your charger or their in house one? Might be an issue with the charger they supplied you.

This might sound stupid, but have you ensured the plug is pushed all the way into the charger? Also, when service took it in, did they use your charger or their in house one? Might be an issue with the charger they supplied you.
Fair questions. Yes I have checked the charger is fully plugged it. But gonna have an electrician check the outlet for consistent power as that’s a possibility. And unfortunately, lucid used their charger and not mine, so now we can’t eliminate that option.

Fair questions. Yes I have checked the charger is fully plugged it. But gonna have an electrician check the outlet for consistent power as that’s a possibility. And unfortunately, lucid used their charger and not mine, so now we can’t eliminate that option.

do you live near a service center? If so, you could go in with the Lucid charger and ask them to see if it will work.

Are you using the Lucid supplied charger or a EVSE?
Exact same thing happens to me from time to time. I am using the Lucid supplied charger, yes the plug is pushed in all the way, yes the outlet is working properly. Just one more frustration in a very frustrating car.

Unfortunately closer center is 3 hours away. They’d have to come trailer it again. I’ll start with checking my outlet for consistent power. Maybe if there is a power spike/drop it goes to sleep? That’s my best guess for now. Was hoping someone else had perhaps experienced.

Does it charge to the charge limit before stopping and going to sleep or does it stop charging before reaching the charge limit? If the latter, there is something wrong. If it reaches the charge limit, sleeps for a while, and then wakes and charges for a few minutes to reach the charge limit again. I think this is normal. See the thread on Vampire Drain.

Does it charge to the charge limit before stopping and going to sleep or does it stop charging before reaching the charge limit? If the latter, there is something wrong. If it reaches the charge limit, sleeps for a while, and then wakes and charges for a few minutes to reach the charge limit again. I think this is normal. See the thread on Vampire Drain.
Does not reach the limit. Charges for 30-45 minutes. Goes to sleep. Wake it up. Repeat. Eventually, if I wake it enough, it will reach the limit I have set.

Does not reach the limit. Charges for 30-45 minutes. Goes to sleep. Wake it up. Repeat. Eventually, if I wake it enough, it will reach the limit I have set.
Me too, or if I walk by the car with my phone nearby it wakes up and begins charging for a bit longer.

That doesn't sound right. I would contact customer care and ask them to pull your charge logs (they can do this remotely).

Me too, or if I walk by the car with my phone nearby it wakes up and begins charging for a bit longer.
that's different than what he's reporting, I think. He's saying it only charges for 30 minutes (doesn't get close to full), then goes to sleep. I haven't seen that but have seen what you report - that if you wake the car when it's plugged in, it'll top off the 2-5 miles of charge it drained (or mis-judged) during the full charge.

that's different than what he's reporting, I think. He's saying it only charges for 30 minutes (doesn't get close to full), then goes to sleep. I haven't seen that but have seen what you report - that if you wake the car when it's plugged in, it'll top off the 2-5 miles of charge it drained (or mis-judged) during the full charge.
I started having the same problem for 2 days. It was fine all these 6 months. I reset my car now and will attempt to charge it again. Any other suggestions?

I am having the same issue. The car goes to sleep while charging and I need to wake it up to start charging again. It was fine since June when I got the car. I will be calling in tomorrow to ask the service department if they know the issue. I also have a lucid purchased charger and functional outlet as my wife charges her Rivian just fine over night with the same setup.

I am having the same issue. The car goes to sleep while charging and I need to wake it up to start charging again. It was fine since June when I got the car. I will be calling in tomorrow to ask the service department if they know the issue. I also have a lucid purchased charger and functional outlet as my wife charges her Rivian just fine over night with the same setup.
Can you use your wife's charger to see if you get a full charge?

I was having this problem for a while. I started sneaking into the garage without my key or phone to check on the car, and finally caught the failure. The glowing white "LUCID" on the supplied cable changed to flashing red for a couple of minutes, then the car went to sleep. The outlet was very warm to the touch when this happened. I assumed (without trying to verify) this indicated a problem with the outlet wiring (probably my electrician put in the cheap Leviton outlet). I purchased a ChargePoint wall unit and had it hard-wired in place, and the problem hasn't recurred.

I was having this problem for a while. I started sneaking into the garage without my key or phone to check on the car, and finally caught the failure. The glowing white "LUCID" on the supplied cable changed to flashing red for a couple of minutes, then the car went to sleep. The outlet was very warm to the touch when this happened. I assumed (without trying to verify) this indicated a problem with the outlet wiring (probably my electrician put in the cheap Leviton outlet). I purchased a ChargePoint wall unit and had it hard-wired in place, and the problem hasn't recurred.
So what you’re saying is: the car kept your house from burning down? 😈

Back