EZSpare or Modern Spare or EWSportline or Get a 19"/20" wheel and "some" tire w/ appropriate circumference?

@Worldwide Beagle - Thank you for the explanation. I had no idea :oops:😅 but sincerely appreciate you taking the time to educate me and other forum members.
I really don't know much about cars. Heck, I'm embarrassed to admit that it took me several minutes to figure out that the Lucid wheel covers are asymmetric when I couldn't put one back on.

@FirstEV - thanks for the info. I just tried and they are still charging $22 for shipping. I probably will pull the trigger but I'm not in a hurry...

EV sportsline has Labor Day special of 10% off and free shipping with code LD10 for tire package. Tried to order but couldn't get the free shipping to show up. Trying to chat with them now.

That's my take on the subject.
Mind you, @199 miles (new car) I've got the un-expected. Major pain in the ass.
I did use it once and I'm very glad I did the purchase.
overall, highly recommended.

Attachments

• 20230904_134325.jpg
    20230904_134325.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 80
  • 20230904_134333.jpg
    20230904_134333.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 79
  • 20230516_134155.jpg
    20230516_134155.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
  • 20230516_135806.jpg
    20230516_135806.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
Also, don't forget to pack a few spare 2x4 pieces as some people report that with a flat the that vehicle is so low that you can't fit the jack underneath to lift the vehicle up. You need to drive the flat tire up on the 2x4s give it enough lift. I put a few spare pieces in my frunk along with the EZSpare and jack from Amazon.

I'm still in search of a robust, but compact, jack that can handle 3 tons. Couldn't find one on Amazon that's unanimously recommended.

I'm still in search of a robust, but compact, jack that can handle 3 tons. Couldn't find one on Amazon that's unanimously recommended.
Ezspare comes with an optional jack.
No problems, as I used it.

EV sportsline has Labor Day special of 10% off and free shipping with code LD10 for tire package. Tried to order but couldn't get the free shipping to show up. Trying to chat with them now.
Tires are excluded, but I'm going to see if they'll waive it anyway.

Tires are excluded, but I'm going to see if they'll waive it anyway
Just got the tire and jack. Hope to not need it but fits in frunk nicely. Their website says spare was rated for 80 mph but it's not mph it's km/h per what's on the tire.
IMG_8969.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8970.jpeg
    IMG_8970.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
Sorry this happened to you mate. There are 20" wheels. How did it happen?

So you show a picture of the EZ spare in the lower fFunk. I measured my brand new Air Pure and it measures only 26”. How ceo you fit the 20” wheel in there? Even the 17” is technically too large. Do you keep it deflated?

So you show a picture of the EZ spare in the lower fFunk. I measured my brand new Air Pure and it measures only 26”. How ceo you fit the 20” wheel in there? Even the 17” is technically too large. Do you keep it deflate?
A deflated spare is not really of use :). The Sportline and EZ spare fit fine in frunk.

A deflated spare is not really of use :). The Sportline and EZ spare fit fine in frunk.
A deflated spare is perfectly fine if you carry a small compressor. I always do. So you can let some of the air out of the spare. My Maserati has a special deflated donut which requires you to blow it up. Very easy.

Back