Extended warranty

I think @borski is right, PZEV vs ZEV are considered different vehicle types and it would need to specifically state ZEV
Yes - you’re right- I looked into it some more. TZEVs (transitional ZEVs… I think plug in hybrids basically) fall under the CARB PZEV umbrella and therefore the 150,000mi battery warranty but not ZEVs. Potential changes coming but not until 2026:

From everything I have read there is a federal 8yr/100,000 mile minimum though. That would explain why most EVs offer that warranty, a few exceed it, but none have lesser coverage.

I am pretty sure the Federal requirement applies to both (which would make sense to me- it’s not like a BEV battery is less important to the utility of the vehicle compared to a hybrid). I doubt you would be able to find a new EV for sale in the US with less than 8yrs/100,000 miles battery coverage.

I’m not in CA so don’t know much about that but for whatever it’s worth KBB seems to think there is a 10yr/150,000 minimum for both EV and hybrid batteries

Edit: I wonder if CARB treats ZEVs (as they do hybrids) as a subset of PZEVs (ie PZEV requirements apply where relevant, but superseded where more stringent ZEV requirements exist)? As an aside the PZEV warranty requirements for ICE cars with PZEV designation are not widely known. The 15yr/150,000mi fuel system/emissions warranty covers almost everything engine related. I would guess 98% of owners of PZEV ICE cars are not aware of that.

Borski is right for California. Here is a link to the regulation:

@Spin Doctor mentioned in another thread about EV extended warranty from https://www.xcelerateauto.com
Any comments from owners intending to keep Lucid beyond the warranty period?
Wondering if it's worth it to get the extended service and if this company/industry is reliable.
In the past, I've bought some extended warranties, but always from the manufacturers.

@Spin Doctor mentioned in another thread about EV extended warranty from https://www.xcelerateauto.com
Any comments from owners intending to keep Lucid beyond the warranty period?
Wondering if it's worth it to get the extended service and if this company/industry is reliable.
In the past, I've bought some extended warranties, but always from the manufacturers.
Nobody has come anywhere near the end of their warranty, so I don’t think anyone has thought about it yet.

Back