EV Weight limits

NanoGauntlet

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
I was just watching a review on the EV Hummer and it got me thinking will EV be band from Boat Ferries or certain roads and bridges as we switch over?

I was just watching a review on the EV Hummer and it got me thinking will EV be band from Boat Ferries or certain roads and bridges as we switch over?
Why? Presumably they would just allow fewer cars.

Using a Rivian for example at 7000lbs or F150 at 6000lbs and the long Island ferry as an example (which can carry 38 cars let's use base weight of a Chrysler 200 about 3000lbs so it's max carry weight would be approx 114000) they would only be able to carry 16 SUV or for a Lucid/Tesla 22 cars (I rounded up since most EV cars show 4.7k lbs+). Would that be profitable for the ferry company or for the people who rely on those ferries to get to work?
Then there are the underpass/overpass areas that mention weight limits that the Hummer review had mentioned caused them to have to change their route home. Not to mention drive ways have a weight limit
"Asphalt's weight-bearing ability is determined by its thickness. An asphalt driveway for residential use can hold approximately 8,000 pounds."

Back