EV charging in New Orleans ( Road trip : West Palm beach to New Orleans)

thevaibhav.arora

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air, Plaid, XC90
DE Number
Planning a road trip in December from West Palm Beach, FL , to New Orleans. Using Plugshare and ABRP, I see that there any a few DC fast chargers to get me to the destination. But I cant find a reliable charger/location in New Orleans for local charging and my trip back.

The hotel I plan to stay in Poydras St, does not have a charger.. Hence looking for inputs and suggestions for either DC charging or places I could safely park and charge the car overnight..

Thanks..

I really have two suggestions:

1) Fly into New Orleans. I forget when they received the award of Most Armed Car Hijackings in the country. It was recent.
2) If you drive, charge to the top at the last available fast charger. Use local transportation while in the city and reserve the car for outside city limits exploring.

The entire part of that country has little in the way of charging infrastructure: Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana. A glance at PlugShare tells you everything you need to know for your electric vehicle adventures in those parts: difficult to charge and stretching the Lucid's efficiency to the limit.

Gulfport has an EA, it's only 80 miles to New Orleans. Charge up to 90-100 and unless you are doing a it of driving in the city, should be maybe ok?

I really have two suggestions:

1) Fly into New Orleans. I forget when they received the award of Most Armed Car Hijackings in the country. It was recent.
2) If you drive, charge to the top at the last available fast charger. Use local transportation while in the city and reserve the car for outside city limits exploring.

The entire part of that country has little in the way of charging infrastructure: Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana. A glance at PlugShare tells you everything you need to know for your electric vehicle adventures in those parts: difficult to charge and stretching the Lucid's efficiency to the limit.

Yeah i hear you.. Ill consider this..

Gulfport has an EA, it's only 80 miles to New Orleans. Charge up to 90-100 and unless you are doing a it of driving in the city, should be maybe ok?

I was planning on staying in the city for 5 days and hence was looking at local charging options.. Even overnight top-ups would be awesome.. Else will need to use a gas car :(

I would maybe call the Chevy dealership. Looks like they have a 50kw charger, not sure if it's for public use or not.

I would maybe call the Chevy dealership. Looks like they have a 50kw charger, not sure if it's for public use or not.
No luck :( I plan on getting to New Orleans on the 25th of December and as expected they are closed and would not have access to the charger :(

Compared to here in FL, limited access to chargers in such a big city in IL is just sad :(

Screenshot_20231026_212139_PlugShare.jpg

Back