Errors in Sending Addresses from Google Maps to Lucid

Dslee68

Verified Owner
I'm having issues sending addresses from Google Maps to my Lucid (I have a Galaxy S22). The navigation is completely wrong and goes to the wrong destination. Below is the address in Google Maps.

Screenshot_20240720_120947_Maps.jpg

And this is where my navigation tries to send me when I send it to Lucid (it's sending me to Downtown Mesa).

20240720_115740.jpg

Anyone else experience this?

Yeah this is somewhat common. Lucid uses here maps as its navigation system. Unfortunately here maps isn’t the best and can lead to wrong locations. It’s not extremely common but it does happen.

This has been happening for me of late as well just since the last month or so. It worked perfectly before that. But I used this again today and no issues today at least. So it seems hit or miss but yeah now I confirm prior to driving against Google maps.

Android Auto can't get here fast enough...

After 2 months of trying really hard to use Lucid's Here nav (I have a Pixel 8 Pro so - like you - no Carplay for me), I concluded that it is completely unusable for the following two reasons: 1) it navigates to completely wrong addresses, and 2) it is mostly unwilling to re-route if I miss a turn (it just keeps telling me to make a u-turn). So I just navigate using Google Maps with on phone and wait patiently (!!!?!) for Android Auto. So I'm basically with you in terms of what I have experienced with Lucid factory nav. But what do you mean by "send addresses from Google Maps to Lucid"?

But what do you mean by "send addresses from Google Maps to Lucid"?
In Google Maps on your phone, if you pull up a location and hit the Share button you can send via the Lucid app to your car. All it does is pop up a nav destination on the home screen in the car.

Have to agree - we have native Google maps in our other EV and the difference is night and day. I can't tell you how many times we've been led astray by Lucid's HERE maps, or not led at all because our destination doesn't exist in HERE. It's also been the cause of several in-car arguments and unpleasant moments. Our next car will have native Google maps.

In Google Maps on your phone, if you pull up a location and hit the Share button you can send via the Lucid app to your car. All it does is pop up a nav destination on the home screen in the car.
Even though we've just agreed that this is a fruitless process due to Here, I still want to see this work and I don't see it. I can send a route from desktop to my phone, but I can't see where to share a route from my phone to my Lucid. Could you provide a screenshot?

What works for me is punching in the address directly into the pilot panel. Then it works fine. It's the sending from Google maps that messes it up.

This has been happening for me of late as well just since the last month or so. It worked perfectly before that. But I used this again today and no issues today at least. So it seems hit or miss but yeah now I confirm prior to driving against Google maps.

Android Auto can't get here fast enough...
I'm with you on that.

Lucid does not appear my Share Sheet. Is that iPhone only?
It works using "Share" from Google maps to Lucid app on my Pixel 7.

Though there's no "Send to car" button on Google Map's Directions tab as there is for our XC40 EV. Have to use the "Share" sheet instead.

Back