Engadget overview of UX 2.0

Very very positive. Now Lucid just needs to roll it out to all owners.

Yeah hope you get it soon! The fact that everything just works, it's very fast and responsive, there is no latency or frame rate issues with the cameras anymore, and bugs are now very minor is such a relief. I've needed to do zero reboots since 2.0.12. With instant-on now I don't have to wait 15 seconds to get something out of the glovebox after I opened the door. Highway Assist is really excellent, it's handled some quite scary areas of I 95 around Providence much better than the Mercedes did and it doesn't feel like the wheel is tugging hard to keep it in the lane, I thought for sure I'd need to intervene but didn't have to. I think the Lidar really makes a difference. And the navigation is infinitely better (IE you can use it, ask it stuff via Alexa, and it won't crash and won't break Tidal haha). The wide throw of the headlights at night on the sides of the road is also very impressive.

Yeah hope you get it soon! The fact that everything just works, it's very fast and responsive, there is no latency or frame rate issues with the cameras anymore, and bugs are now very minor is such a relief. I've needed to do zero reboots since 2.0.12. With instant-on now I don't have to wait 15 seconds to get something out of the glovebox after I opened the door. Highway Assist is really excellent, it's handled some quite scary areas of I 95 around Providence much better than the Mercedes did and it doesn't feel like the wheel is tugging hard to keep it in the lane, I thought for sure I'd need to intervene but didn't have to. I think the Lidar really makes a difference. And the navigation is infinitely better (IE you can use it, ask it stuff via Alexa, and it won't crash and won't break Tidal haha). The wide throw of the headlights at night on the sides of the road is also very impressive.
I feel l like the headlights in the Air don't get enough attention. They are a true breakthrough, from a technical standpoint. And they just look so darn good. Maybe Lucid should do another Tech Talk about those in particular.

I feel l like the headlights in the Air don't get enough attention. They are a true breakthrough, from a technical standpoint. And they just look so darn good. Maybe Lucid should do another Tech Talk about those in particular.
One of the reasons we bought the car as my comfort with night driving diminishes with every birthday.

If they can’t project “Lucid” on a wall, flash some fancy emblem on the ground or flash to Christmas tunes people don’t care. Lol!

The headlights are impressive. I wonder if they have the ability to eventually work like the matrix lights Mercedes, Audi, etc. have.

If they can’t project “Lucid” on a wall, flash some fancy emblem on the ground or flash to Christmas tunes people don’t care. Lol!

The headlights are impressive. I wonder if they have the ability to eventually work like the matrix lights Mercedes, Audi, etc. have.
They will. My understanding is this is in the plans, but was waiting on the legal things to happen, which now have.

Very very positive. Now Lucid just needs to roll it out to all owners.

Fast UI!

positive review!

Finally, dream ahead!

I got the 2.x update, came in several batches and I think it’s done. Bieber the ONLY difference I’ve seen is that efficient (miles/kWh) is gone from the dash. It was a very useful feature ☹️

UX still sux, they changed the layout of some things but no way to customize it and it still takes forever to boot up and get my side mirrors folded so I can get out of the garage 🤷🏽‍♂️

Disappointed,

I got the 2.x update, came in several batches and I think it’s done. Bieber the ONLY difference I’ve seen is that efficient (miles/kWh) is gone from the dash. It was a very useful feature ☹️

UX still sux, they changed the layout of some things but no way to customize it and it still takes forever to boot up and get my side mirrors folded so I can get out of the garage 🤷🏽‍♂️

Disappointed,

What version are you on? There’s a marked difference with 2.0.15.

On a different note, are you coming to the meet up on Saturday? It’d be great to see you again.

Do you have version 2.0.15 (or greater)? If so, I don't see how what you are saying is possible. All my screens are on (including the fold mirror button) before I even begin sitting down in the car-- about 2 seconds after the door opens.

UX 2.0 is a MASSIVE improvement.

Do you have version 2.0.15 (or greater)? If so, I don't see how what you are saying is possible. All my screens are on (including the fold mirror button) before I even begin sitting down in the car-- about 2 seconds after the door opens.

UX 2.0 is a MASSIVE improvement.
I have 2.0.18. Yes it does boot up faster, you’re right. I hadn’t noticed because my key fobs are both unpaired.

In spite of trying multiple times to pair them, the car still says no Fob detected. Even tho the connectivity shows them paired.

My phone also keeps unpairing. Wasn’t the case Pre-2.x

And they got rid of the efficiency (mi/kWh) which was actually useful!

Not sure what people are all excited about here…

Attachments

• 31669A3A-3B31-48DD-85D0-730559875FCE.jpeg
    31669A3A-3B31-48DD-85D0-730559875FCE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
  • 6D4025FD-1A32-41C5-82DC-EE6AA70636AE.jpeg
    6D4025FD-1A32-41C5-82DC-EE6AA70636AE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
  • 598A171E-C822-45D4-8F8C-438A3137586E.jpeg
    598A171E-C822-45D4-8F8C-438A3137586E.jpeg
    836 KB · Views: 80
I have 2.0.18. Yes it does boot up faster, you’re right. I hadn’t noticed because my key fobs are both unpaired.

In spite of trying multiple times to pair them, the car still says no Fob detected. Even tho the connectivity shows them paired.

We're your fobs paired before the update? Have you changed the batteries? What phone are you using? You should just ask CS to roll you back to 1.2.21 😁

Sort of a lame suggestion, but check the batteries in the fobs. I also bought a cheap little battery tester and learned that half the batteries I got from Amazon were dead!

Both of my fobs died in the update. It was not the batteries (I had changed them) and when I removed the one (no longer functioning) paired fob from my profiles, it never came back. Mobile service came to fix and troubleshoot another couple issues after the update and brought two new fobs., which are now working.

Both of my fobs died in the update. It was not the batteries (I had changed them) and when I removed the one (no longer functioning) paired fob from my profiles, it never came back. Mobile service came to fix and troubleshoot another couple issues after the update and brought two new fobs., which are now working.
Interesting!! Maybe that’s what’s happening with my Fobs as well… 🤔

I mean, there’s a ton to be excited about. The release notes were an extremely solid list of updates, features, and bug fixes.

Maybe you need to replace battery to fob. Then to pair them again. Prior to UX20, I literally changed key fob battery every 2~3 months bc signals from key fobs constantly faded.

The new UX20 also updates key fob firmware. You need to have both of them in the car during one of the major updates or at least have sufficient battery juice in them put in the car drive out at least 10 minutes to update.

People are excited about UX20 bc stability of its software foundation. You may not see the plumbing work in naked eyes, but you will experience stability of software communication and interaction with each user input. It is such big deal.

I'm just hoping they don't break with so many mechanical and moving parts

There's a lot of fancy stuff in cars, but as long as they build them with quality so they don't constantly have problems (like the Tesla Model X Falcon doors) then I can be happy
Showmanship without proper execution and rigidity is useless in my opinion

I'm just hoping they don't break with so many mechanical and moving parts
I think of the cars that had the headlights that would pop up when turned on. After a few years you'd see one headlight stuck in the up position, the other down. Yep, mechanical, and grit can get into the hinges or parts can wear from road vibrations, or ....
With these much newer designs, I expect the number of years before repairs needed is much longer. Hopefully only an annoyance to my grandkids!

Back