Enel x-way (maker of Juice Box charger) closing

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air Grand Touring
Got this email this morning. The Juice box chargers are supposed to still work. Not sure about the software.

Dear Enel X Way USA, LLC Stakeholder,

After careful consideration, Enel X Way North America has decided to close its electric mobility business in the US and Canada, operated by the local subsidiary of Enel X Way USA, effective October 11, 2024. An experienced third-party firm will be appointed to manage the company’s affairs and ensure that the closure is handled with the utmost care and professionalism. The appointed firm will be responsible for managing the remaining obligations and communicating directly with customers and partners regarding the closure.

This decision is in line with the Enel Group’s strategic approach to e-mobility that pursues further growth by providing bundled offers, including private charging solutions, to its electricity customers as well as by developing public charging infrastructure in countries where it has an electricity retail business. By contrast, Enel North America has no retail electricity customer base and was active in the e-mobility segment only through the sale of charging hardware and software.

Additionally, the dynamics of the EV market in the US have changed quite a lot in the last year and, like many other companies, Enel X Way North America has been impacted by high interest rates which have increased the cost of scaling the charging infrastructure business in a framework of sustained uncertainty where EV sales growth expectations have not been met.

Here’s what you need to know:

• Residential charging hardware (JuiceBox) will maintain the physical operating ability to charge vehicles.

• All Enel X Way software will be discontinued. Commercial charging stations will lose functionality in the absence of software continuity.

• The Enel X Way App and all other Enel e-mobility apps in North America will be discontinued and removed from the App Store.

• Enel X Way customer support is no longer available, effective immediately. Any Enel X Way related questions and claims should be directed to juiceboxnorthamerica.com.

• The decision to close Enel X Way USA, LLC and related impacts do not apply to Enel X Way customers in other countries outside of the U.S. and Canada.

Enel X Way North America understands that its decision has implications for those who had chosen its charging solutions. Inquiries regarding any outstanding matters, including customer accounts, orders, or obligations, can be directed to juiceboxnorthamerica.com.

North America remains a core geography for the Enel Group, where it will continue to focus investments in utility-scale renewables and demand response.

• • •

This message is for informational purposes only. Replies are not monitored.

That would be enough for me to dump JuiceBox. It's a shame as it seemed to be a popular product but given they're going to remove the Enel X App from the store and discontinue support the charging box will effectively become a dumb box with your car really taking over things like TOU charging etc. Unless the web portal is still going to be accessible and can change settings on the boxes etc. through that portal. I guess for those with Juicebox's, don't mistakingly delete the app or you won't be able to install it back on your phone.

That would be enough for me to dump JuiceBox. It's a shame as it seemed to be a popular product but given they're going to remove the Enel X App from the store and discontinue support the charging box will effectively become a dumb box with your car really taking over things like TOU charging etc. Unless the web portal is still going to be accessible and can change settings on the boxes etc. through that portal. I guess for those with Juicebox's, don't mistakingly delete the app or you won't be able to install it back on your phone.
Funny thing, I have had a JuiceBox since 2018 and it works perfectly. Their app has always sucked so I never used it.

Reactions: jri
I've had my JuiceBox since 2019. When I had my Clarity I was using the app to schedule charging. But it doesn't work with Lucid, so I've been scheduling charging from the car. The app is no longer on my phone. The charger itself is still working great. I do have the Lucid charger, got it with referral points. So at some point, I'll switch it out.

I've had my JuiceBox since 2019. When I had my Clarity I was using the app to schedule charging. But it doesn't work with Lucid, so I've been scheduling charging from the car. The app is no longer on my phone. The charger itself is still working great. I do have the Lucid charger, got it with referral points. So at some point, I'll switch it out.
Same here. Unfortunately I installed a 50A circuit with plug. Didn't plan ahead and have a larger circuit run to accommodate Lucid charger.

I have the Juicebox and love it, works perfectly, no issues. I did use the app a few times to manage the TOU settings, but now just let Lucid schedule charging so that fixes that ultimately. However, I do hope the device remains operational. But also SUCKS because resellability of this device is now 0

I was going to use this device temporarily until Lucid came out with V2H and then switch to that one.

Same here. Unfortunately I installed a 50A circuit with plug. Didn't plan ahead and have a larger circuit run to accommodate Lucid charger.
Nothing lost - you could still have Lucid's charging station hardwired to your 50 amp circuit by removing the 14-50 receptacle and running a pigtail. Just set the LCHCS to charge at 40 amps.

Nothing lost - you could still have Lucid's charging station hardwired to your 50 amp circuit by removing the 14-50 receptacle and running a pigtail. Just set the LCHCS to charge at 40 amps.
But it would be nice to use it at it's full capability. I'm expecting it to be a decent amount of money and work to get it up and running that way in my house.

I used this when I had my Leaf and I use it now for the Air. No displays, no LEDs 😁

Attachments

• IMG_6505.webp
    IMG_6505.webp
    901.3 KB · Views: 5
Back