End of Lease Experience

manitou202

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
AirTouring, R1S, Ioniq5
I have about 6 months remaining on my Air Touring lease. I'll potentially be leasing/buying a Gravity, however without all of the Gravity details out yet, I'm considering keeping my Air Touring instead. I absolutely love this car and it will be really hard to let it go.

I'm curious if Lucid will offer a lower purchase price at the end of my lease. My original touring MSRP was around $118k but can now be purchased for around $90k. Obviously the original lease buyout price will be well above the market, so I'm wondering if Lucid will offer something much more competitive.

Has anyone had experience with buying their Lucid at the end of the lease? Not sure if many people have gotten to that point with their lease yet.

Thanks!

I don't think anyone has turned in a lease yet. The tempting 18 month lease offers didn't start until summer 2023, so I think the first lease turn ins will be this winter.

I have about 6 months remaining on my Air Touring lease. I'll potentially be leasing/buying a Gravity, however without all of the Gravity details out yet, I'm considering keeping my Air Touring instead. I absolutely love this car and it will be really hard to let it go.

I'm curious if Lucid will offer a lower purchase price at the end of my lease. My original touring MSRP was around $118k but can now be purchased for around $90k. Obviously the original lease buyout price will be well above the market, so I'm wondering if Lucid will offer something much more competitive.

Has anyone had experience with buying their Lucid at the end of the lease? Not sure if many people have gotten to that point with their lease yet.

Thanks!
I don't think you can negotiate that.

I don't think you can negotiate that.
I've had leases in the past where I was offered an end of lease buyout lower than the original buyout price. It makes sense for them to offer something reasonable to the current lease owner.

If not, clearly I won't be buying the car as I could purchase a new Touring for less money.

Thanks!
Every lease I’ve had an I’ve had many the purchase price was negotiable. It’s going to be interesting to see what they do with the lease returns. Given that they’re not currently focused on selling used I bet they’ll send them to the auction.

Every lease I’ve had an I’ve had many the purchase price was negotiable. It’s going to be interesting to see what they do with the lease returns. Given that they’re not currently focused on selling used I bet they’ll send them to the auction.

It seems like they could make more money by offering a reasonable buyout, and it could be an easier process.

Let's say my touring is worth $55k at auction. If they offered $60k-$65k I would seriously consider buying it at the end of lease. At the moment my buyout is closer to $85k.

It seems like they could make more money by offering a reasonable buyout, and it could be an easier process.

Let's say my touring is worth $55k at auction. If they offered $60k-$65k I would seriously consider buying it at the end of lease. At the moment my buyout is closer to $85k.
I know that seems logical but given the cash burn any loses on these lease returns will be insignificant. But who knows. I’m hopeful that they allow me to extend my lease. This would be the easiest way to avoid dealing with what to do with the car with the least amount of effort.

I've had leases in the past where I was offered an end of lease buyout lower than the original buyout price. It makes sense for them to offer something reasonable to the current lease owner.

If not, clearly I won't be buying the car as I could purchase a new Touring for less money.

What auto company was that and timeframe?

Wow every? Which auto companies??!? My other car lease ending & it’s upside down. Wondering the same

I have the 36 month lease with 23 months left. They started the 18 month lease literally a couple weeks after I signed my lease. I wish I could get into the Gravity sooner.

Back