Electrify America Complementary access for Air Pure Trim

Well lucky me, my Lucid app says 1 year of free EA..i guess they finally started paying attention haha. Anyway question on this, i notice there is no verbiage that says there is a 30 minute limit like other manufacturers...is that true?
True.

No max time, no idle fees (so far).
It goes without saying, despite us not being charged for idle fees, don't be THAT guy.

It goes without saying, despite us not being charged for idle fees, don't be THAT guy.
of course lol. The reason I ask is that my nearest charging station is a mall, and i usually run inside to grab a free coffee from the capital one lounge inside, the round trip walk time is about 25 minutes, so i can imagine an instance where the car might be finishing up as i'm walking back

of course lol. The reason I ask is that my nearest charging station is a mall, and i usually run inside to grab a free coffee from the capital one lounge inside, the round trip walk time is about 25 minutes, so i can imagine an instance where the car might be finishing up as i'm walking back
Put it to 100% to avoid

I guess we will have to deal with the "free" charge related congestion at dcfc for at least 3 more years till late 2026. Hopefully by then NACS adapters will level the playing field for those who pay just as everyone pays for gas.

I guess we will have to deal with the "free" charge related congestion at dcfc for at least 3 more years till late 2026. Hopefully by then NACS adapters will level the playing field for those who pay just as everyone pays for gas.
And lots of folks will get home charges at that time, further lightening the load.

And lots of folks will get home charges at that time, further lightening the load.
Doubtful. People go out of their way to EA for a free charge even if they have charging at home. Everyone I see around my local EA are of brands that has free EA charging.

Doubtful. People go out of their way to EA for a free charge even if they have charging at home. Everyone I see around my local EA are of brands that has free EA charging.
Sure, but other brands are starting to change that; Hyundai now offers a free Chargepoint.

I don't think it will be another three years. My friends who bought two Air Touring models at the same time only received one year of free charging.

I don't think it will be another three years. My friends who bought two Air Touring models at the same time only received one year of free charging.
The problem is that Lucid is still selling '22 GTs. And those are still getting 3 years, as far as we can tell.

The problem is that Lucid is still selling '22 GTs. And those are still getting 3 years, as far as we can tell.
Also Hyundai Kia genesis group as a whole is likely no 1 in the US in ccs and the 2024 models have 2yrs till the end of 2025 free charging

EA still gets too much a bad rap and none of the praise for actually getting their shit together. Charging at EA has been much better compared to earlier this year.
Absolutely not! A greater percentage of connections are non functional on an increasing basis. They simply don't repair frequently and it shows after any heavy use holiday weekends. No praise deserved for a poorly maintained service.. they save costs by not delivering on pre paid electricity... That's not a service incentive

Absolutely not! A greater percentage of connections are non functional on an increasing basis. They simply don't repair frequently and it shows after any heavy use holiday weekends. No praise deserved for a poorly maintained service.. they save costs by not delivering on pre paid electricity... That's not a service incentive
I disagree. My experience mirrors Babyrocco in that they are improving the percentage of functional chargers but the wait time is imcreasing due to the volume. Where are you located? I'm in Southern California.

Also, as has been pointed out, the years of free charging may depend on the terms at the time of your reservation, not delivery. Although I didn't pick up my touring until 4/2023, my reservation predated 6/2022, so I have three years of charging.

Last edited:
Back