Electric Rates, Let’s Share

Comed Chicago suburbs
F620F0AE-A5CF-4944-B774-AF1D0F13570D.jpeg

Super peak is 2p-7p

Considering natural gas has skyrocketed lately I think we can kiss these current rates goodbye later on this Summer.

I'm in Dallas and I pay a fixed $0.048 per kWh plus Oncor delivery charges. Currently comes out to $0.089 per kWh . Locked in for 3 years last year.

I'm in Dallas and I pay a fixed $0.048 per kWh plus Oncor delivery charges. Currently comes out to $0.089 per kWh . Locked in for 3 years last year.

Good deal! It already beats inflation!

Houston - TXU Energy - 15.5¢ per kWh, "Month to Month Plan".

There is a yearly rebate so the kWh rate is actually a little lower.

Good deal! It already beats inflation!
Thanks! When they offered I jumped on it. I usually don't lock in that long but I felt it was a low rate and I dislike calling annually to haggle over price. I was lucky since it was before the energy market went crazy.

I was on a time of use plan but I live in hot Scottsdale, have a total electric home with 7 tons of AC, a heat pump (which also cools) for the swimming pool,. etc. I am not about to turn off the AC during peak hours nor am I about to tell my wife she can't use the laundry during peak hours. So I decided to try a flat rate plan and see if it will work out okay for me:

Tier 1: 600 kWh or less average monthly energy use – 11.298¢/kWh
Tier 2: 601-999 kWh average monthly energy use – 12.282¢/kWh
Tier 3: 1,000 kWh or more average monthly energy use – 13.478¢/kWh​

There could be additional variable charges.

Back