Earning Call

digiboxer

Cars
X5; F-150; Q7; Touring
Does anyone know if it's possible to hear/see the earnings call next week---and if so, how?

Thx

They will also release a slide deck of their presentation about an hour before at the closing bell.

I just went online to look at the questions submitted (supposedly) by shareholders - was very disappointed in the pablum that I saw. In order to ask a question you have to be a sharesholder (which I am) so I linked my brokerage account (the feared Plaid) to enable me to ask a couple of questions. If you go to look and vote, my questions are about how service will be effectively managed with vehicles in remote areas, and what Lucid is doing to improve communication with staff and customers about the production process.

I just went online to look at the questions submitted (supposedly) by shareholders - was very disappointed in the pablum that I saw. In order to ask a question you have to be a sharesholder (which I am) so I linked my brokerage account (the feared Plaid) to enable me to ask a couple of questions. If you go to look and vote, my questions are about how service will be effectively managed with vehicles in remote areas, and what Lucid is doing to improve communication with staff and customers about the production process.W
Excellent observation, and I added the word pablum to my list of words to remember. Thanks. Many of the questions are dilatory. Perhaps there should be a different sine qua non besides how many shares one owns!

Here's the question I asked. I do my own research on Lucid and ask deeper probing questions. What is key here is why the change in this key technology and does Lucid lose a bragging right? Your votes are welcome, and I'd love to hear from anyone with insights into this!

Can't access your question. Probably better if you just copy and paste it here. The questions are pre-programmed and given the past earnings calls they will be just "pablum" as stated by another poster. This time I don't even plan to tune in. Better to wait and see the comments afterward.

Can't access your question. Probably better if you just copy and paste it here. The questions are pre-programmed and given the past earnings calls they will be just "pablum" as stated by another poster. This time I don't even plan to tune in. Better to wait and see the comments afterward.
The "Say" website has its issues. So here's the question: "It seems that Formula E will switch from Atieva cells to cells made by Total Staf in conjunction with Williams Advanced Engineering. What impact does that have on your financials, and why did Formula E make this change?"

The new Formula E race cars... The front MGU– which is being supplied by the Atieva technology company, part of the Lucid Motors group.
The new racer will be the first to include a new front powertrain adding 250kW to the 350kW powering the car at the rear (600kW, or approx. 800 hp) in the “conventional” rear drive train that manufacturers are– for the first time in Formula E– open to design for themselves … which, really, is the biggest change of all for this season.

The new Formula E race cars... The front MGU– which is being supplied by the Atieva technology company, part of the Lucid Motors group.
The new racer will be the first to include a new front powertrain adding 250kW to the 350kW powering the car at the rear (600kW, or approx. 800 hp) in the “conventional” rear drive train that manufacturers are– for the first time in Formula E– open to design for themselves … which, really, is the biggest change of all for this season.
I've read the front MGU is only to regenerate the batteries and not to power the front wheels. It is a change, but the battery tech is also a fairly big change going from cylindrical cells provided be Atieva to bag cells provided Total Staf. Additionally the cars are shorter, narrower, and lighter which helps them go faster. Here's a good article that gives a bit more information than the rest of the Internet rehash garbage. https://www.powerelectronictips.com/formula-e-gen3-smaller-batteries-regen-and-fast-charging-faq/

I've read the front MGU is only to regenerate the batteries and not to power the front wheels
Nope.
The new front powertrain (supplied by Lucid) is adding 250kW to the 350kW powering the car at the rear, so the total power is now 600kW per car.
Also, as you mentioned the front powertrain also provides regen capabilities and eliminates the need for rear brakes.
Which is absolutely amazing and quite an impressive engineering achievement!
The way I see it is that Lucid had already race-proved their battery technology on Gen2 Formula E, and now they moved their focus on race-proving their powertrain using the Gen3 Formula E.
Very smart strategy if you ask me.
Nobody in the industry comes even close to that

Nope.
The new front powertrain (supplied by Lucid) is adding 250kW to the 350kW powering the car at the rear, so the total power is now 600kW per car.
Also, as you mentioned the front powertrain also provides regen capabilities and eliminates the need for rear brakes.
Read the second bullet point from this Car and Driver article. As I said, the MGU does not power the front wheels. It is not a four wheel drive race car. You are correct that it supplies electricity to the rear wheels, but it also regenerates the batteries.

Back