EA starts charging session but no current (Southern CA)

Pishster

Cars
AirGT, Porsche 911 GTS
DE Number
The Irvine Spectrum chargers in Orange County are brand new. All 350kwh. I was excited to try and went the other day.

To my disappointment, on two separate chargers, the station recognizes the car, approves payment (free), and starts the charging session. However, the rate is 0kwh and no current passes through.

At first I thought it was an error on the screen of the terminal but the car also says no current is passing through. I waited a few minutes to see if the % state of charge would change and of course, it doesn't because there is zero current passing through.

Anyone else had this issue before?

There were other people waiting to use the stations so I didn't want to take up the space and call EA at the time.

This may help .. or not. I have been told to 'initiate' the charge from the phone app. I had a similar experience last week & called Lucid CSR.

Even though, you are connected, vehicle validated, etc on the EA screen, I have been starting the 'charge' from the phone app.

Good luck.

This may help .. or not. I have been told to 'initiate' the charge from the phone app. I had a similar experience last week & called Lucid CSR.

Even though, you are connected, vehicle validated, etc on the EA screen, I have been starting the 'charge' from the phone app.

Good luck.
Thanks. I tried about 3 time on each station and a few of those tries, I did initiate from the lucid phone app (pick the station #, etc..)

Same result. It says the car is charging but no current.

Thanks. I tried about 3 time on each station and a few of those tries, I did initiate from the lucid phone app (pick the station #, etc..)

Same result. It says the car is charging but no current.
Weird. Does it work on other stations/locations?

Weird. Does it work on other stations/locations?
It does work at most other EA stations.

I use the Shopcore (Zion Market) on Irvine Blvd in Irvine the most often. It works ok.

I also use the one off Jeffery and the 2 B of As off 17th street (don't go off hours because tons of homeless people) and Tustin Blvd.

It does work at most other EA stations.

I use the Shopcore (Zion Market) on Irvine Blvd in Irvine the most often. It works ok.

I also use the one off Jeffery and the 2 B of As off 17th street (don't go off hours because tons of homeless people) and Tustin Blvd.
The new ones are hit and miss for Lucid, and apparently some other brands according to another user's report 😭

The new ones are hit and miss for Lucid, and apparently some other brands according to another user's report 😭
Dang, I was hoping that the new ones would solve everything.

The Irvine Spectrum chargers in Orange County are brand new. All 350kwh. I was excited to try and went the other day.

To my disappointment, on two separate chargers, the station recognizes the car, approves payment (free), and starts the charging session. However, the rate is 0kwh and no current passes through.

At first I thought it was an error on the screen of the terminal but the car also says no current is passing through. I waited a few minutes to see if the % state of charge would change and of course, it doesn't because there is zero current passing through.

There were other people waiting to use the stations so I didn't want to take up the space and call EA at the time.
Hi, @Pishster.

Thank you for sharing. I just sent you a DM.

Marqie

I had that exact issue last week in San Diego. It was very frustrating since the stations I connected to did exactly as you described, yet other vehicles (EQS and a Lucid) had just left both of them after successfully charging.

I had that exact issue last week in San Diego. It was very frustrating since the stations I connected to did exactly as you described, yet other vehicles (EQS and a Lucid) had just left both of them after successfully charging.
So it is not just Lucid but particular Lucids. My guess, and it is truly a guess, is that because of the part shortage either some bad parts got through or a different supplier was used for some parts and it had faulty parts. Will likely take some detective work at the service center.

But I would have it looked at. If it is a bad part, and it went totally bad, it could stop you from charging in the middle of a long distance trip.

I’m close to Spectrum. I’ll try this evening.
Did you go and try? Any luck? I went again yesterday and same thing: payment approved, starts charging, but this time, it stopped. No luck.

Did you go and try? Any luck? I went again yesterday and same thing: payment approved, starts charging, but this time, it stopped. No luck.
Actually, I charged there last night on the 350kW charger 4. Hit 305kW briefly

I went and tried again yesterday. I was able to charge at the 150kw charger station #1 and also at the 350kw charger station #2. The speed was slow though because I didn't precondition because I was doubtful I would be able to charge.

Progress!

I went and tried again yesterday. I was able to charge at the 150kw charger station #1 and also at the 350kw charger station #2. The speed was slow though because I didn't precondition because I was doubtful I would be able to charge.

Progress!
How slow??

Progress!
Low SoC?

I did not precondition. I was at about 50% SOC. I was getting about 75kw on the 350kw charger.
I'm not complaining. I was happy to be getting anything because I was expecting it to not work.

I did not precondition. I was at about 50% SOC. I was getting about 75kw on the 350kw charger.
I'm not complaining. I was happy to be getting anything because I was expecting it to not work.
That's not horrible but I would have expected higher.

I know but funny how one's expectations changes to the point where you're happy to be getting anything at all!

Back