EA HyperFast charging indeed

It seems with this Rate Your Charge Initiative on Twitter, EA is more responsive now and stalls and performance for CCS EVs have better experience overall now. This is good for everyone!

Profile says Stellar White AGT - if you’re on your phone, turn it to landscape mode - signatures and profile info aren’t shown in portrait
I was on my phone. Thank you. But, oddly, landscape didn't show his car either. Maybe it's a setting in my browser that limits it. 🤷‍♂️

I came very close to matching the InsideEVs charging curve for 150kw Dream Edition on my GT last week.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 103
I came very close to matching the InsideEVs charging curve for 150kw Dream Edition on my GT last week.
Looks very nice. I'm hoping to see more charging curve matches coming along in the 0-50% range too.

What I wish for 2023 Christmas is Lucid can have DCFC charging curve (minute increment) displayed in the mobile app and every Level-2 charging history can be kept in mobile app log.

Thank you, Santa!
88CE7D2D-6BA1-49E3-AD0F-056ED9EC70DA.jpeg
4714073E-B523-4615-B6C7-5E22158F810E.jpeg
928AFB39-B3F2-4CF0-BE84-6928DEBAC3DF.jpeg

And the documented curve is easy reference and to submit to EA for troubleshoot. Granted, thru @RateYourCharge on EA Twitter, EA has improved so much uptime since last year!

Did you experience any bucking or thumping when it was charging at that rate? I've experience the car bucking or thumping charging at the higher rate. But when it is below 100, the charging is smooth. I've asked my service guy about and he said he was looking into it. Have not heard back but wondering if you experience that. Thanks.

Did you experience any bucking or thumping when it was charging at that rate? I've experience the car bucking or thumping charging at the higher rate. But when it is below 100, the charging is smooth. I've asked my service guy about and he said he was looking into it. Have not heard back but wondering if you experience that. Thanks.
Like physically bucking and thumping? That doesn’t sound normal, no matter what the charge speed.

Like physically bucking and thumping? That doesn’t sound normal, no matter what the charge speed.
This is a known issue with 800-900V cars on Signet branded EA chargers. EA is working on a software fix for it, and it isn’t limited to Lucid.

Yes this happened to me on Signet EA only. It’s concerning. This hasn’t happened to me on any other EA or other DCFC.

Impressive! Really hope to see more stories like this as the software improves (both car and charger).
I can second this. On a brand new EA 350kW charger (Stratford, CT) starting at 33% the car was drawing 227kW and followed the charging curve that’s been posted here before. I was able to get 40kW in 15 mins.

I can second this. On a brand new EA 350kW charger (Stratford, CT) starting at 33% the car was drawing 227kW and followed the charging curve that’s been posted here before. I was able to get 40kW in 15 mins.
Great! I hadn’t been to the new units there, next time I go to NYC that will be my planned stop on the way back.

I had planned to stop there on the way up to NH but ended up at Manchester, CT instead.

Great session on the 150 at Secaucus, too, starting with 150kW at 46%.

No i did not. it was steady the whole time and slowly backed down as the SOC went up

Next to last charge managed this speed at EA. Then last time at same station I pull into number 2 dock 350 charger ( not working) number 3 and 4 occupied so as I’m maneuvering to get to number one some guy pulls up and is trying to squeeze by me. I tell him my situation and he lets me hook up. I then noticed on my app only 2-4 kiosks are displaying. There is no way to initiate number one! Thanks EA! Rather than spend 30 minutes trying to get EA to resolve this I let the guy that just pulled in charge( he has no trouble) and I wait for 3or 4 to open. 4 is a rivian that is charging to 100 percent and the guy eventually comes out. He is obviously just shopping at Walmart with his kid and I throttle my impulse to tell him not only is eking out the last little bit of charge not great for the battery but kind of piggy and inconsiderate at high volume station that nearly always has a line. Yeah I didn’t want to be that guy. Rant off
IMG_5612.jpeg
IMG_5612.jpeg

Impressive! Really hope to see more stories like this as the software improves (both car and charger).
Unfortunately, my experience is just the opposite. Tried two different 350kw pumps at a new EA station and never got over 150 and in fact that dropped quickly to less than 100. In fact, at various 150kw/h EA pumps, I have never gotten close to 150 for the majority of the charging session.

Unfortunately, my experience is just the opposite. Tried two different 350kw pumps at a new EA station and never got over 150 and in fact that dropped quickly to less than 100. In fact, at various 150kw/h EA pumps, I have never gotten close to 150 for the majority of the charging session.
Can you elaborate a bit on your starting state of charge, whether you preconditioned, etc?

If you’re plugging in at 65% SOC, you’re not going to get charge rates of 200kW.

Back