EA HyperFast charging indeed

bobofat

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT Stellar White
So I just wanted to share my experience with EA today. Spoiler alert, I was really impressed.

In general, I have had good luck with charging at EA for the most part. Early on, when I first got the car, I had some issues with having to switch chargers to find one that worked, or having to replug on occasion. Yes, I have experienced the yo-yo-ing and a few chargers not initiating Plug-n-charge but that has been few and far between. Lately I've had an expected experience.

Today, I forgot to charge my car before going to work and was running late. I figured I had enough range to get to work and back. I didn't really take into account the elevation changes which took a little more juice that I expected but I still had enough to drive towards home and get to a charger. I drove very conservatively and turned off my AC just in case to make sure I wasn't using any extra electrons to get to the charging station. The car gave me many warnings to find a charger. I finally arrived at the chargers with about 9% SOC, which corresponded to about 20 miles left of range. A little too close for comfort for me.

I plug in to a 350kW station, it starts up and voila, this is the result I got....

elNEC5Um.jpg
d8VuHQGm.jpg
(it says 11% cause I was slow at taking the screen shot)

PYgLySJm.jpg

I was able to get a rate of 334 kW and I charged from 9% to 50% in 14 minutes (~200 miles). It obviously tapered down as the SOC went up, but stayed above 200 kW until about the car reached 40% SOC. I'm on software version 2.0.66

I know this is not the norm, but this is proof that it can be done. Hooray for Lucid for having a fantastic car and EA for getting better. I hope more people are able to experience this type of charging experience.

Any preconditioning?

Impressive! Really hope to see more stories like this as the software improves (both car and charger).

Great news for you. Something must be wrong with my car. I have a Touring and I was down around 7% SOC when I pulled up to an EA station. I didn't get above 150 kW in charging. Really frustrated with charging at this point.

Great news for you. Something must be wrong with my car. I have a Touring and I was down around 7% SOC when I pulled up to an EA station. I didn't get above 150 kW in charging. Really frustrated with charging at this point.
If it was a 350 station, then the modules on the station must have be desynced.

If it was a 350 station, then the modules on the station must have be desynced.
Hydbob,

That may be however a Hyundai Ionic 5 was charging next to me and he got 161 kW which added to my frustration.

I too had a nice EA experience today. I have only charged at home so far this month and decided to finally give EA a try after the latest updates. Plugged into a 150 kW station with about 40 SOC (no pre-conditioning). Authenticated right away, and boom immediately went to about 120 kW and remained well above 100 kW for quite a while. Same location I have had frustratingly slow performances at in the past. I appreciate all that Lucid is doing to make ownership of these beautiful driving machine better and better after each update.

EA chargers are great when they work. I've seen 300+ several occasions with preconditioning before the latest update. We are just playing Russian roulette in the meantime.

I've had a few not great experiences before but the majority of them have been fine. This last time was really a positive experience

I too had a nice EA experience today. I have only charged at home so far this month and decided to finally give EA a try after the latest updates. Plugged into a 150 kW station with about 40 SOC (no pre-conditioning). Authenticated right away, and boom immediately went to about 120 kW and remained well above 100 kW for quite a while. Same location I have had frustratingly slow performances at in the past. I appreciate all that Lucid is doing to make ownership of these beautiful driving machine better and better after each update.
Hopefully the good experiences becomes the norm for everyone

Impressive! Really hope to see more stories like this as the software improves (both car and charger).
I hope so too. I was really blown away by the speeds, didn't think it was actually possible

Hydbob,

That may be however a Hyundai Ionic 5 was charging next to me and he got 161 kW which added to my frustration.
Yea but that's a different cabinet which could also be drawing power from a different set of equipment. It'd be a fair comparison if it was the same charger.

That’s the highest I’ve seen. I’ve crept over 300 a few times but only for a minute or two before dipping below. I haven’t charged since the latest update though. That update mentioned something about improved charging…is that playing a role?

That’s the highest I’ve seen. I’ve crept over 300 a few times but only for a minute or two before dipping below. I haven’t charged since the latest update though. That update mentioned something about improved charging…is that playing a role?
Not sure, but I won't doubt it. This is the first time I've ever gotten above 300. It went down pretty fast to high 200s and stayed above 200 up until about the 50% SOC.

Sorry.

We can't expect an ultra charger to fry our batteries with 350kW to full charge. Maybe in space at 4 degrees K.

Like, just a few hours ago I was running errands and stopped by a Whole Paycheck to buy groceries for a boomer hang glider club meet this Friday (Windriders HG Club, West Chester, PA). I went to the EA 150 charger behind the Plymouth Meeting mall (always works, always an open space) and hooked up. Walked across the parking lot to Whole Foods. Bought tomato paste, sun dried tomatoes, plum tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano, ev olive oil, bowtie pasta, chicken, red onion, artichoke hearts, feta, black olives, spinach, baby greens, two bottles of Marlborough Savuignon Blanc. Brought my own bag ( it's Whole Foods...you need to hear the vibe). Walked back to the car and it was 80% and done. Free. No late penalty.

Perfect day.

I love you Pete Rawlinson. You are the man.

we few, we happy few: Lucid Early Adopters

Back