EA Charging

Sanford59

Cars
Lucid GT, MB EQS 450+
Just curious, has anyone ever use EA with output anywhere near 350 kW?

Attachments

• C5E91D25-E868-4290-AB56-853197A6CBD6.jpeg
    C5E91D25-E868-4290-AB56-853197A6CBD6.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 133
  • C6C93B34-7B53-4BED-AC2B-75599ED4FD67.jpeg
    C6C93B34-7B53-4BED-AC2B-75599ED4FD67.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 127
Someone posted this on forum in the past.

The key is under 15% SOC and no other EV is sharing your load balancing of 350kW at same time.

09E51367-FB6D-4795-87C4-AF36EC36FF9F.jpeg

I came to know that one AGT charged PnC without the Lucid App yesterday and I had to use the Lucid App, choose, EA and the station ID to charge there many times. So far I did not have a single EA charging session with PnC without the Lucid App. I called Lucid CS and told them about it after sending Text and then going to a charger when it happened at Foodmax Cedar Blvd, Newark, CA 210282-02. I sent the following message to both Lucid CS and [email protected]

PnC charge worked on EA stations 200164-03 and 200164-02 for AGT VIN 50EA1GBAxxxxxxxxx on 3/1/23 at about 11:30pm xxx@yyy.com my son. I went to the same stations a few times with my Pure AWD VIN 50EA1PFAxxxxxxxxx and I always have to open the Lucid app to select EA and the station ID. Please see the screenshot of all the EA stations I tried. PnC never worked for me. I think this points to a problem with my 50EA1PFAxxxxxxxxx. Other EA stations were PnC did not work without Lucid App 210282-01 200194-02 210282-02 210055-04.

Lucid CS told me that they show that PnC certificate correctly on my car and they will escalate to the battery team and with EA on my behalf.
I called EA while the car was still charging and told them the same thing and they too promised to look into it.

Did anyone else take the trouble to report to Lucid CS and EA about this problem if you have it all the time and not intermittent?

I reported to Lucid CS and also to EA about three specific chargers where my Air Pure needed the Lucid App to authenticate and AGT or Dream was able to charge with PnC.
If anyone else have the same issue with Air Pure or Air Touring I would like to know @mcr16

The Walmart in Tracy has three 350 charging stations. After a Volkswagen moved out of position, it was a no go for me after three-four attempts. Had to wait for another charger to become available to see if it would work. It did, but by then we were pressed for time and left after 20 minutes of charging. If EA is trying to develop customer loyalty, it is not working for me. The EA station at the Fremont Walmart off Osgood Road has had its share of handshake issues. The 350 chargers don’t appear to charge much faster than the 150 chargers. Tesla can’t make their chargers available soon enough. After the free three year charging ends, if things don’t improve, I will sell this car and go back to an ICE vehicle. Haven’t had any real issues with the vehicle other than charging frustration. Talked to an EA repair guy in Anderson and was told that he can only work off repair orders, even if a customer tells him at a work/repair site that another charger lacks the ability to finish the handshake. Pretty sad that one needs to plan on multiple charging sites in order to continue on down the road. I quit calling CS or EA and have them tell me how to connect to a charger after owning the vehicle for a year. Remote resets aren’t working either. The over the phone hand holding doesn’t improve the experience.

Last edited:
The Walmart in Tracy has three 350 charging stations. After a Volkswagen moved out of position, it was a no go for me after three-four attempts. Had to wait for another charger to become available to see if it would work. It did, but by then we were pressed for time and left after 20 minutes of charging. If EA is trying to develop customer loyalty, it is not working for me. The EA station at the Fremont Walmart off Osgood Road has had its share of handshake issues. The 350 chargers don’t appear to charge much faster than the 150 chargers. Tesla can’t make their chargers available soon enough. After the free three year charging ends, if things don’t improve, I will sell this car and go back to an ICE vehicle. Haven’t had any real issues with the vehicle other than charging frustration. Talked to an EA repair guy in Anderson and was told that he can only work off repair orders, even if a customer tells him at a work/repair site that another charger lacks the ability to finish the handshake. Pretty sad that one needs to plan on multiple charging sites in order to continue on down the road. I quit calling CS or EA and have them tell me how to connect to a charger after owning the vehicle for a year. Remote resets aren’t working either. The over the phone hand holding doesn’t improve the experience.
Make sure to look at what charging speed you will get from Tesla. Current V3 stations will only supply you with about 50 kW as they are 400V. Once the V4 stations arrive, you’ll get better speeds. If all you’re looking for is reliability, certainly Tesla is a major upgrade.

Did the VW charge successfully or did they move out of the stall because they couldn’t charge either?

I reported to Lucid CS and also to EA about three specific chargers where my Air Pure needed the Lucid App to authenticate and AGT or Dream was able to charge with PnC.
If anyone else have the same issue with Air Pure or Air Touring I would like to know @mcr16
Yes, the same happens to me. It won’t do PnC. I have tried 4-5 times at DCFC just to try EA and how fast it would charge. BTW, all of them had to authenticate from app and work on second try only.

The last charging station was horrible. Delivered 5.1KW in 21 minutes. Called EA and switched charging station 3 times, I was able to get 138kw on 150 charger. The whole process took 2 hours where I just planned to stay 20-25 minutes.

1678023104472.png

Yes, the same happens to me. It won’t do PnC. I have tried 4-5 times at DCFC just to try EA and how fast it would charge. BTW, all of them had to authenticate from app and work on second try only.

The last charging station was horrible. Delivered 5.1KW in 21 minutes. Called EA and switched charging station 3 times, I was able to get 138kw on 150 charger. The whole process took 2 hours where I just planned to stay 20-25 minutes.

View attachment 10258
That is totally unacceptable. Here is my charging summary so far. Note that I averaged about 1kWh per min and my overall energy use was 3.7 miles per kWh.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-05 6.42.52 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-05 6.42.52 AM.png
    386.2 KB · Views: 129
That is totally unacceptable. Here is my charging summary so far. Note that I averaged about 1kWh per min and my overall energy use was 3.7 miles per kWh.
Worst part is, this was on a 350 charger. There were only two and one wasn’t working. There are merely 3 cars on 9 installs.

View attachment 10258
Oh man this is disappointing. The East Brunswick Walmart is the closest 350kw charger to me. I haven't tried it yet myself, but it looks like I'm going to have to rely on the 150s and hope for the best.

Reactions: PTE
Oh man this is disappointing. The East Brunswick Walmart is the closest 350kw charger to me. I haven't tried it yet myself, but it looks like I'm going to have to rely on the 150s and hope for the best.
On a 350KW, I never got more than 111kW so far and some people got 165KW on 150kW chargers. So, a reliable 150kW charger which gives you even 1.5kWh per min on the average is the best you should expect right now. Send email to [email protected] and [email protected] with your charging experience. Unless we speakup, PnC is not going to work and we will get barely 1kWh per min which is in reality 20kWh in 20 min which is really around 70miles at 3.5miles per kWh for most of us in real life driving condition as opposed to 300miles of range in 20 min touted by Lucid. It is often disappointing to see ioniq 5, BMW getting a much higher rate of charge at the same station.

On a 350KW, I never got more than 111kW so far and some people got 165KW on 150kW chargers. So, a reliable 150kW charger which gives you even 1.5kWh per min on the average is the best you should expect right now. Send email to [email protected] and [email protected] with your charging experience. Unless we speakup, PnC is not going to work and we will get barely 1kWh per min which is in reality 20kWh in 20 min which is really around 70miles at 3.5miles per kWh for most of us in real life driving condition as opposed to 300miles of range in 20 min touted by Lucid. It is often disappointing to see ioniq 5, BMW getting a much higher rate of charge at the same station.
I've had my Touring for 2 months and Plug and Charge have never worked. Best case I can initiate the charge from the Lucid app after a couple of failed authorizations. Twice I have had to call EA to get the charger to work. It seems like the Dream and early AGT owners are reporting that Plug and Charge works. My speculation is that the hardware has changed in the later AGT, Touring and Pure that have greater variability in response times for the handshaking between EA and Lucid. EA charger software needs to be updated to account for all the variabilities in the hardware response.

After the free three year charging ends, if things don’t improve, I will sell this car and go back to an ICE vehicle. Haven’t had any real issues with the vehicle other than charging frustration.
Have you tried EVGo or Chargepoint? Those work fine even when EA doesn't. And, by then, I strongly suspect EA's new Linux chargers will be fully widespread and working fine.

I hope.

I've had my Touring for 2 months and Plug and Charge have never worked. Best case I can initiate the charge from the Lucid app after a couple of failed authorizations. Twice I have had to call EA to get the charger to work. It seems like the Dream and early AGT owners are reporting that Plug and Charge works. My speculation is that the hardware has changed in the later AGT, Touring and Pure that have greater variability in response times for the handshaking between EA and Lucid. EA charger software needs to be updated to account for all the variabilities in the hardware response.
I have a Touring, and Plug and Charge works for me.

I wished it worked for me. Are you doing anything special or had any service on the charger?
Nothing special. I really think it varies from charger to charger. And the ones around me just happen to be “good” ones.

I have always needed to use the Lucid app to start charging at EA station for my touring.

I have charged at EA 5 times with my Touring, 2 times it authenticated on its own and 3 times the app notified me that I needed to authenticate within the app.

Back