Drowsing/erratic driving alert notification

We saw that driving back to San Diego from Phoenix in April. For some reason, it came on a lot when my husband was driving even though he was wide awake.

This alarm is not functioning correctly right now. Other posters besides me -- people who have driven their Airs for months or years -- are now seeing this alarm for the first time with nothing having changed about their driving habits. And some of them (myself included) are seeing it repeatedly.

Something has changed, either something malfunctioning in the related sensor hardware or a software bug introduced with a recent update.

With some regret I turned the feature off yesterday, and I suspect others will do so. Lucid needs to get to the bottom of this.

We saw that driving back to San Diego from Phoenix in April. For some reason, it came on a lot when my husband was driving even though he was wide awake. I've never seen it. It recommended a few coffee shops nearby. Hey @hydbob, is this where Lucids and Lattes comes from?
@AirDoll has the origin story for that

I got this driving alert today and I know I was not tired or drowsy(no, I’m not in denial..lol). It happened at I-405 thru the Founttain Valley area where the freeway had a major reconstruction. The old marks where the botts used to be are still there and may have “confused” the sensor? I touched “dismiss” but the alarms went on for another 10 seconds or so before eventually silencing.

I touched “dismiss” but the alarms went on for another 10 seconds or so before eventually silencing.

Same in our car. It's very annoying and actually distracts the driver while trying to figure out what's going on and how to bring the "dismiss" button up again.

It's why I've now turned off the feature in our car. I don't want to have a wreck trying to figure out why the car is falsely insisting I'm at high risk of having a wreck.

Same in our car. It's very annoying and actually distracts the driver while trying to figure out what's going on and how to bring the "dismiss" button up again.

It's why I've now turned off the feature in our car. I don't want to have a wreck trying to figure out why the car is falsely insisting I'm at high risk of having a wreck.
I agree, @hmo10 - the distraction can cause an accident. For me, being a newbee, when I saw the visual alarms accompanied by audio alarms, my first thought was, “Am I losing power?”. So, the immediate reaction was try to pull to the side of the freeway which was risky having to cross 4 lanes at freeway speed. Lucid should really take a look at this and see if there’s a real fix other than turning the feature off.

I seem to get the drowsy driving alert 1-2 times a day. Today I also got the erratic driving notification. I don’t think I’m doing anything crazy, it happens mostly when I’m on a four lane highway with lots of merges, lane changes, and exits. I guess what I’m looking for is if anyone else out there is having a similar experience or is this an indictment on my driving?(don’t say anything to my wife)
I disabled these features. Way too sensitive for driving in SoCal. In addition, if you look at the center panel too many times, you get these alerts.

Back