Drowsing/erratic driving alert notification

Luciddoodle

Verified Owner
Cars
Pure Air
I seem to get the drowsy driving alert 1-2 times a day. Today I also got the erratic driving notification. I don’t think I’m doing anything crazy, it happens mostly when I’m on a four lane highway with lots of merges, lane changes, and exits. I guess what I’m looking for is if anyone else out there is having a similar experience or is this an indictment on my driving?(don’t say anything to my wife)

It's only popped up a couple times for me throughout the ownership of the car, but it has yet to be wrong; when it popped up, I really was tired.

Have you tried setting up or resetting your facial recognition in settings? I have two set up; one with my polarized sunglasses, and one with just my face.

This has been happening to me more frequently. I made a comment to my wife about it and she said "what do you expect? Your driving isn't smooth so the car is telling you to be a better driver" She was right...of course. It only happens when I'm slightly moving the car back and forth needlessly because I'm bored sitting in traffic.

It is hard to build good habits when everyone is changing the rules. On my GV60 Performance if I don't make minor steering wheel changes, my car chides me. Damned if you do; damned if you don't.

But I think we are asking too much of our cars if we expect them to accurately figure out if we are really tired when we are driving. So a few annoying, possibly inaccurate, comments by our car is probably a price worth paying for such great vehicles.

But I think we are asking too much of our cars if we expect them to accurately figure out if we are really tired when we are driving. So a few annoying, possibly inaccurate, comments by our car is probably a price worth paying for such great vehicles.
My wife does that when she elbows me and says, ‘You’re snoring’ while I’m driving. ;)

This has been happening to me more frequently.
I’ve definitely been getting it often of late
I seem to get the drowsy driving alert 1-2 times a day. Today I also got the erratic driving notification. I don’t think I’m doing anything crazy . . . .

Same here. I've been driving a Lucid since December 2021 and never got this warning until a few weeks ago. I now get it every few days although I'm not driving the car any differently than I always have. And it doesn't always respond to the "dismiss" button, so I have to endure a few minutes of annoying boinging and steering wheel shake.

I'm assuming it's something that crept in with one of the recent updates . . . and there is no way to defeat the feature in the drive settings on the main menu.

Same here. I've been driving a Lucid since December 2021 and never got this warning until a few weeks ago. I now get it every few days although I'm not driving the car any differently than I always have. And it doesn't always respond to the "dismiss" button, so I have to endure a few minutes of annoying boinging and steering wheel shake.

I'm assuming it's something that crept in with one of the recent updates . . . and there is no way to defeat the feature in the drive settings on the main menu.
I got this warning while on a trip recently. That is the first time ever for me, and I don't think I was drowsy or driving erratically. It took 2-3 minutes to get the loud warnings to stop, and the coffee cup on the screen never went away

. . . and there is no way to defeat the feature in the drive settings on the main menu.
Click
GUID-0255E084-0CF4-4B53-9D24-478933F6E7D9-low.png
>
GUID-0111EA00-D2EE-4E66-8ED4-640932E5038A-low.png
DreamDrive on the Pilot Panel, then press to enable or disable Drowsy Driver Alert.

Drowsy Driver settings will then save to the current User Profile.

Click
>
DreamDrive on the Pilot Panel, then press to enable or disable Drowsy Driver Alert.

Thanks. Will do.

Click
>

Although this warning was unexpected and loud, I don't think disabling it is a great idea; it might just save a life if it is legit.

Although this warning was unexpected and loud, I don't think disabling it is a great idea; it might just save a life if it is legit.

It's not a great idea. But it is annoying as hell when you don't hit the "dismiss" button spot on while you're trying to drive, and taking your eyes off the road while you're trying to land your finger just right in a moving vehicle is not the safest thing, either. It went off day before yesterday while I was driving, and I asked my partner to hit the dismiss button this time. He didn't know whether he missed or whether it didn't work, but it quickly disappeared without killing the alarm and, again, I was stuck with enduring the alarm until it finally turned off of its own accord.

Seeing the number of people who are suddenly having this happen to them, Lucid needs to address this issue pronto in order not to tempt people into defeating the feature.

I agree; I have all the warnings turned on, but if it’s constantly nagging you that’s worse than it not existing at all. (See: alarm fatigue)

It's not a great idea. But it is annoying as hell when you don't hit the "dismiss" button spot on while you're trying to drive, and taking your eyes off the road while you're trying to land your finger just right in a moving vehicle is not the safest thing, either. It went off day before yesterday while I was driving, and I asked my partner to hit the dismiss button this time. He didn't know whether he missed or whether it didn't work, but it quickly disappeared without killing the alarm and, again, I was stuck with enduring the alarm until it finally turned off of its own accord.

Seeing the number of people who are suddenly having this happen to them, Lucid needs to address this issue pronto in order not to tempt people into defeating the feature.
Hang on, I thought this whole time we were talking about the “you look tired, go grab a coffee, here are some suggestions” alert.

Is there another, louder one I don’t know about? This one pops up and then goes away and doesn’t bother me again, and I’ve only ever had it happen a couple times in my ownership (and it was right).

I didn’t even know there was a dismiss button… lol

I agree; I have all the warnings turned on, but if it’s constantly nagging you that’s worse than it not existing at all. (See: alarm fatigue)

Hang on, I thought this whole time we were talking about the “you look tired, go grab a coffee, here are some suggestions” alert.

Is there another, louder one I don’t know about? This one pops up and then goes away and doesn’t bother me again, and I’ve only ever had it happen a couple times in my ownership (and it was right).

I didn’t even know there was a dismiss button… lol

In our car, the alarm begins with loud boinging and then the steering wheel starts to vibrate in pulses. You get a warning on the left side of the glass cockpit that you are drowsy and need to stop for a rest break. The first time it happened I was so confused about what was going on I did not even see the "dismiss" button that came up on the opposite end of the glass cockpit. The second time it happened, someone spotted the "dismiss" button. I thought I hit it, as it quickly disappeared, but the alarm continued.

This is nothing like the "distracted driver" warning which I've occasionally gotten if I spent too much time looking at the nav map or music selections.

So it must have snuck in one of the newer updates, it’s pretty annoying

I saw this for the first time a few weeks ago, it also brought up a nearby Starbucks I could grab a coffee at! I figured maybe they started selling ad space?

Attachments

• IMG_0721.jpeg
    IMG_0721.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
I saw this for the first time a few weeks ago, it also brought up a nearby Starbucks I could grab a coffee at! I figured maybe they started selling ad space?
Oh no, not this again!

We saw that driving back to San Diego from Phoenix in April. For some reason, it came on a lot when my husband was driving even though he was wide awake. I've never seen it. It recommended a few coffee shops nearby. Hey @hydbob, is this where Lucids and Lattes comes from?

Most modern cars do a variant of this but this is the first time I have seen the car "conclude" that the driver was driving unsafely (as opposed to something like "you may be tired and want to stop and take a break").

Back