Driver seat restoring to profile

NewLucid207

Cars
Touring
Hi - apologies if this is re-post, I searched around but couldn't find a similar posting - I'm a new Lucid owner (less than a month), and it's my car but on occasion my wife will drive it. She's much smaller than me and as a result adjusts the driver seat to be much closer to the wheel than my saving profile setting. However, when I enter the car next, the seats don't automatically adjust and I have to squeeze behind the wheel and then push the "restore" button the seat screen to get my seat back to my saved positioning.

I can't imagine this is how Lucid designed this. I would think that because my phone and fob are assigned to my profile, the seats would automatically adjust to my saved settings.

Anyone have any insight?

Even with "automatically restore" enabled, it still takes a few minutes for the seats to adjust for each driver. Presumably this will be improved in time.

My husband and I are the same way. I always move the seat all the way back when I exit the car. Because even though it should move to his preferences when he opens the driver door, it only seems to do it about 80% of the time.

I’ve found it often won’t change seat position until facial recognition detects your face. Which, as a design implementation really wasn’t thought out well. The only way for facial recognition to work is for me to be sitting in the seat. And I can’t do that if the seat is set to my wife’s preferences.

I usually use the manual controls to move the seat far enough to get in, and then wait for facial recognition to take over and then finally put the seat where it belongs.

One time in four, that still doesn’t work, and I end up having to switch to the guest profile and then back to mine in order to get the seat to finally move.

I really hope something is planned to address this. Profile switching, in my mind, is the number one annoyance with the car.

I’ve found it often won’t change seat position until facial recognition detects your face. Which, as a design implementation really wasn’t thought out well. The only way for facial recognition to work is for me to be sitting in the seat. And I can’t do that if the seat is set to my wife’s preferences.

I usually use the manual controls to move the seat far enough to get in, and then wait for facial recognition to take over and then finally put the seat where it belongs.

One time in four, that still doesn’t work, and I end up having to switch to the guest profile and then back to mine in order to get the seat to finally move.

I really hope something is planned to address this. Profile switching, in my mind, is the number one annoyance with the car.

Profile switching - another area where the software on Another-Car-Brand-Whose-Name-Shall-Not-Be-Mentioned, really shines. Just get in (you still have to do that, but the seat would be in the Entry/Exit profile anyway), select your name, and wait for everything to come together! This feature was something that was available very early on.

My wife is 5’ and I’m 5’10”. Simply put, it is a song and dance for me to move the seats so I can even enter the car after her. 80% of the time, the seats do not auto load for me 😞

Hi - apologies if this is re-post, I searched around but couldn't find a similar posting - I'm a new Lucid owner (less than a month), and it's my car but on occasion my wife will drive it. She's much smaller than me and as a result adjusts the driver seat to be much closer to the wheel than my saving profile setting. However, when I enter the car next, the seats don't automatically adjust and I have to squeeze behind the wheel and then push the "restore" button the seat screen to get my seat back to my saved positioning.

I can't imagine this is how Lucid designed this. I would think that because my phone and fob are assigned to my profile, the seats would automatically adjust to my saved settings.

Anyone have any insight?
My husband and I have the exact same problem. No matter what the default setting goes to me, regardless if I'm in the car or not. We have tried to reset his setting but that didn't work.

It's stupid but if you open the door and it's on your profile close the door and your seats will adjust.

I'm also a new owner (less than a week). Sometimes when I'm driving I'll adjust the seat but decide I don't like the adjustment I made. I haven't figured out a way to change it back to my stored setting.

I'm also a new owner (less than a week). Sometimes when I'm driving I'll adjust the seat but decide I don't like the adjustment I made. I haven't figured out a way to change it back to my stored setting.
From the pilot panel main screen, seats, restore

This only works when in park, correct? Is it possible to do while driving?
No. You cannot change profiles at all while in motion. For safety reasons.

My husband and I are the same way. I always move the seat all the way back when I exit the car. Because even though it should move to his preferences when he opens the driver door, it only seems to do it about 80% of the time.
I too, always move my car seat all the way back before exiting the car.

Problem is Lucid restores it to my 'saved" profile driving position before I can get in, so I have to reach down and move the seat back every time, making the saved position feature a major PITA.

I've reset my driving profile to have the seat all the way back, so now I never get stuck trying to enter the car.

What I have inferred about the Lucid software engineers:
From out of range: they run at full speed to get in their cars before the seat moves and/ or the car impatiently re-locks itself while you're putting your shoes on.

... What I have inferred about the Lucid software engineers:
From out of range: they run at full speed to get in their cars before the seat moves and/ or the car impatiently re-locks itself while you're putting your shoes on.
They all have 20/20 vision...
They all are exactly the same size...
None of them own (or drive) the car...
They have never encountered an error (unexpected or not) during run time ("the car, she is perfect!")...
They all know exactly what they put in a software release, so no need to tell anyone else...
They all have lived their entire lives in sunny southern California (where it never rains, with no visits to mountains or "the north")...
They all use Apple phones (Android is just a funny name for robots)...
They have service staff to put air in their tires in the middle of the night so they never have to think about that...

They have never encountered an error (unexpected or not) during run time ("the car, she is perfect!")...
They all know exactly what they put in a software release, so no need to tell anyone else...
They all have lived their entire lives in sunny southern California (where it never rains, with no visits to mountains or "the north")...
They have service staff to put air in their tires in the middle of the night so they never have to think about that...
Oh, yes, let’s please generate a list of these about forum members and/or lucid owners… ;)

(I know this is a joke, but it’s on the line, so let’s keep it civil)

I imagine the majority of folks on the software team can't afford to own the car. So there's that.

Sniping from the sidelines is oh so brave, by the way. I'm sure all of us would have built perfect car software by now if they just gave us the keys to the repository.

I apologize to Lucid software engineers. It is I who am lagging behind all this fantastic technology. Obviously this car not meant for old people.
There are times when I open the door and the seat is already moving forward, preventing me from entering. I thought it was a cool feature but clearly I am doing it wrong. But it's such a minor thing and I have learned how to disable it.

The other thing is the mystery of what the software engineers do after backing out of the garage? Do they use the remote that came with the garage door opener? I expect any day now I"ll get in the car and it will offer up the menu to close the garage door without having to hunt for the correct sequence of buttons and screens. For now I just leave the door open.

I get it: I'm supposed to learn how to use voice commands.

My wife is 5’ and I’m 5’10”. Simply put, it is a song and dance for me to move the seats so I can even enter the car after her. 80% of the time, the seats do not auto load for me 😞
Same problem I'm having. Service center supposedly fixed but when I went to pick up , we tested and seats didn't move. So, they are clueless as well. My 10 yeold BMW adjusts everything based on which keyfob is used.

Back