Drive system fault

Glad they’re ordering a new HV battery for you now, before even bringing the car in. Did they order a new Wunderbox to go with it?
They didnt mention a new Wunderbox, but said they could need to order more stuff depending, but at the very least a new HV battery and new cables since they already redesigned them?

How many miles does your car have on it?
906 miles

Update: They will be picking up the car and shipping it to a service centef after they order a new high voltage battery. They will be picking up the car sometime after Thanksgiving
I also have a new HV battery order for a drive system fault. I was told 10 days wait with the holidays. Im hoping to have it back early December.

Just found this thread as I am on a road trip and had this drive System fault 1 min after plugging into 350kw EA charger after preconditioning. Lucid customer service helped reset the vehicle and I moved to a 150kw charger for safety as I still have 500 miles to drive back home. So looks like this is a common problem. Hopefully we can drive back home without another fault !

Just found this thread as I am on a road trip and had this drive System fault 1 min after plugging into 350kw EA charger after preconditioning. Lucid customer service helped reset the vehicle and I moved to a 150kw charger for safety as I still have 500 miles to drive back home. So looks like this is a common problem. Hopefully we can drive back home without another fault !

That sounds like it might be a problem with the first charger... perhaps the charger delivered too much current, and the car protected itself...

This happened to me but on an EVGo charger about 1 hour after it failed (it was actually a broken offline charger in spite of EVGo app saying it was working and the Lucid acted like it was online for a second, and the left climate control went haywire as soon as I plugged in, fan speed 10, temperature 54), and I thought I was ok, charged ok at EA one down the road, but then chaos ensued and the left battery coolant pump, left wiper motor and rear drive motor coolant pump short circuited, gave me a drive system error and 50mph turtle mode. Lucid respnded rapidly, got me and the family a ride home, towed the car the next day and the Natick center fixed it. Even if a reboot sorted it out for you I’d definitely have service investigate further.

Mine needs a HV battery replacement apparently. 4k miles now. During a prior issue, the front motor had to be replaced. At this rate I might ship-of-theseus myself an entire new car :D

This happened to me but on an EVGo charger about 1 hour after it failed (it was actually a broken offline charger in spite of EVGo app saying it was working and the Lucid acted like it was online for a second, and the left climate control went haywire as soon as I plugged in, fan speed 10, temperature 54), and I thought I was ok, charged ok at EA one down the road, but then chaos ensued and the left battery coolant pump, left wiper motor and rear drive motor coolant pump short circuited, gave me a drive system error and 50mph turtle mode. Lucid respnded rapidly, got me and the family a ride home, towed the car the next day and the Natick center fixed it. Even if a reboot sorted it out for you I’d definitely have service investigate further.
This type of stuff scares me because if you don't have warranty in the future. That could be something more common if chargers aren't maintained and a super hefty cost if not covered free.

Back