Dream drive and auto opening and closing doors??

So is the Dream Drive Pro really a Dream for now? More nuisance and cause for frustration and taking away from the performance piece of the car. These sound like universal,issues and not just for specific people. TRUE or FALSE?

My SA (studio advisor), in San Diego CA came right out and said that Lucids were at level 2, out of 5, for their sophistication in self-driving technology. That puts them on par with Tesla, who have been working at all things “self-driving” for a lot longer. Level 5 autonomy means, you getting in the car, telling it where to go, and the car taking you there, with no further input on your part. In spite of what that idiot-engineering genius, EEELOHHHN, declares, we are years and years, and years away from Level 5 autonomy.

Level two self-driving autonomy in reality amounts to a suite of driver assistance features such as Adaptive Cruise Control, self-steering and, in Tesla’s case, automatic lane changing; and self parking. As far as Tesla’s driver assistanc suite is concerned, they’e also added some somewhat useful but mostly terrifying features like “Navigation on Autopilot”, and traffic light recognition. Tesla are still assiduously working on getting their cars to recognise when to make left turns at intersections without killing the driver or other motorists. That will take some more time.

But I digress.

As far as Lucid‘s Dream Pro is concerned, except for self parking which the demo vehicle failed at miserably, during my test drive I never got a chance to test out any of Lucid’s driver assistance features. From what I’ve read, Lucids leave the factory simply bristling with all sorts of hardware that will make higher levels of self driving possible. But as things stand right now, Lucid’s achilles heel is their software. Almost nothing in Lucid’s Dream Pro suite can match what Tesla has managed to do with their cars for the last few years.

So, let me get around to answering your question - is Dream Drive Pro a thing? Yeah, kinda. In its current iteration, does it do what casual observers might be led to believe it does, which is some sort of actual ”self-driving”? Not on your life. Will Dream Drive Pro allow full self driving in the future? Maybe.

Dream Drive Pro sounds like it could be more of a nuisance or a source of frustration, in which case, just turn it all off and drive. But nothing about it can or will detract from the Lucid’s performance. Neither will anything about it will take away from your driving pleasure.

My SA (studio advisor), in San Diego CA came right out and said that Lucids were at level 2, out of 5, for their sophistication in self-driving technology. That puts them on par with Tesla, who have been working at all things “self-driving” for a lot longer. Level 5 autonomy means, you getting in the car, telling it where to go, and the car taking you there, with no further input on your part. In spite of what that idiot-engineering genius, EEELOHHHN, declares, we are years and years, and years away from Level 5 autonomy.

Level two self-driving autonomy in reality amounts to a suite of driver assistance features such as Adaptive Cruise Control, self-steering and, in Tesla’s case, automatic lane changing; and self parking. As far as Tesla’s driver assistanc suite is concerned, they’e also added some somewhat useful but mostly terrifying features like “Navigation on Autopilot”, and traffic light recognition. Tesla are still assiduously working on getting their cars to recognise when to make left turns at intersections without killing the driver or other motorists. That will take some more time.

But I digress.

As far as Lucid‘s Dream Pro is concerned, except for self parking which the demo vehicle failed at miserably, during my test drive I never got a chance to test out any of Lucid’s driver assistance features. From what I’ve read, Lucids leave the factory simply bristling with all sorts of hardware that will make higher levels of self driving possible. But as things stand right now, Lucid’s achilles heel is their software. Almost nothing in Lucid’s Dream Pro suite can match what Tesla has managed to do with their cars for the last few years.

So, let me get around to answering your question - is Dream Drive Pro a thing? Yeah, kinda. In its current iteration, does it do what casual observers might be led to believe it does, which is some sort of actual ”self-driving”? Not on your life. Will Dream Drive Pro allow full self driving in the future? Maybe.

Dream Drive Pro sounds like it could be more of a nuisance or a source of frustration, in which case, just turn it all off and drive. But nothing about it can or will detract from the Lucid’s performance. Neither will anything about it will take away from your driving pleasure.
Thank you for that very succinct and honest reply. So you think the Fit and Finish issues have been addressed. My OLD Infiniti QX80 has very nice Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Departure warning and Collision Prevention etc. Do those things work well in the Lucid. Also have herd a lot of frustration regarding the Console, Door Handles and Key/Wakeup and Music. As someow said above not something expected from a 150-180K dollar car.

Thank you for that very succinct and honest reply. So you think the Fit and Finish issues have been addressed. My OLD Infiniti QX80 has very nice Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Departure warning and Collision Prevention etc. Do those things work well in the Lucid. Also have herd a lot of frustration regarding the Console, Door Handles and Key/Wakeup and Music. As someow said above not something expected from a 150-180K dollar car.
ACC and collision prevention etc. work better than in any other car I’ve driven.

Console issues have greatly improved (lag, etc) since the last update.

Door handles and keys are no longer an issue if set up correctly.

Music varies based on cell coverage. That will improve with CarPlay.

The LED matrix is super bright, I've never found a situation so far where I would want/need auto high beams, but that's also mostly a factor of driving in SoCal where there is ALWAYS another car coming at you, haha
I live off a dark road with no street lights and regular lights are actually more than enough.

The LED matrix is super bright, I've never found a situation so far where I would want/need auto high beams, but that's also mostly a factor of driving in SoCal where there is ALWAYS another car coming at you, haha
Are they matrix headlights? I know they only just got approved to use in the US so was 50/50 on whether Lucid would have them or not.

Semi-true.
Are they matrix headlights? I know they only just got approved to use in the US so was 50/50 on whether Lucid would have them or not.
I stand corrected, they are called micro lens array, not sure what the difference is but they are still damn bright

ACC and collision prevention etc. work better than in any other car I’ve driven.
ACC in my DE still has bugs, problems with stopped traffic, that our Ford and Mercedes cars do not.
Console issues have greatly improved (lag, etc) since the last update.
Things are faster but still way too slow.
Door handles and keys are no longer an issue if set up correctly.

Music varies based on cell coverage. That will improve with CarPlay.
Playing streaming music on my phone through the car is much more consistent than streaming using the car's cell service.

ACC in my DE still has bugs, problems with stopped traffic, that our Ford and Mercedes cars do not.

Things are faster but still way too slow.

Playing streaming music on my phone through the car is much more consistent than streaming using the car's cell service.
What bugs do you have with ACC? I’ve had zero.

What bugs do you have with ACC? I’ve had zero.
The same issue that I have had since ACC was turned on. It does not stop if all of the cars in front of me are not moving.

The same issue that I have had since ACC was turned on. It does not stop if all of the cars in front of me are not moving.
I also still have issues with the door handles but fewer.

Have you talked to service about it? I do not have this issue.

Have you talked to service about it? I do not have this issue.
Yes. Also, I am not the only one to report this issue.

The problem happens when ALL of the cars in front are stopped at an intersection and there are no moving cars beside and in front of my car.

Yes. Also, I am not the only one to report this issue.

The problem happens when ALL of the cars in front are stopped at an intersection and there are no moving cars beside and in front of my car.
Uhm..hmm..is this a normal situation to use ACC? Lol, ACC is not "autopilot" so...anyways🙄 like you said before, it works in your other cars just fine.

I continue to be fascinated by the number of complaints from purchasers that advanced purchased this vehicle from a start up company and yet want it to have all, if not the exact, features of a Tesla. If you are so enamored with the Tesla, then why did you purchase the Lucid?

Lucid, like all companies is challenged to find qualified employees (as is the rest of the country with record unemployment lows), supply chain issues, and the like. But at the end of the day, their customer service experience has been stellar. How does that compare to your Tesla experience?

Perhaps I am just more tolerant, but I love driving this vehicle. It is responsive on the road, and the software items are nuances, at best, that will be corrected as time rolls on, but do not change my view of the quality of this vehicle.

Apologize all for the short rant, but really folks, just go drive the car and enjoy.

I continue to be fascinated by the number of complaints from purchasers that advanced purchased this vehicle from a start up company and yet want it to have all, if not the exact, features of a Tesla. If you are so enamored with the Tesla, then why did you purchase the Lucid?

Lucid, like all companies is challenged to find qualified employees (as is the rest of the country with record unemployment lows), supply chain issues, and the like. But at the end of the day, their customer service experience has been stellar. How does that compare to your Tesla experience?

Perhaps I am just more tolerant, but I love driving this vehicle. It is responsive on the road, and the software items are nuances, at best, that will be corrected as time rolls on, but do not change my view of the quality of this vehicle.

Apologize all for the short rant, but really folks, just go drive the car and enjoy.
I do drive the car and I do enjoy it and recommend it to potential buyers. However, as time goes on (six months for me) and several unresolved issues still pending, I am starting to get the feeling that the software is not job one at Lucid and it needs to be.

I disagree. Lucid was far less than forthcoming, and still is, about the extent of the software issues when I ordered and picked up my car. Also, I am really tired of hearing comparisons to Tesla. I didn't want I Tesla.

Telling potential Lucid buyers that "everything is fine, just minor software issues" does them a disservice. Do I think that Lucid will fix the issues, yes. Do I think that it will take them 6-12 months, yes.

So, if someone is looking at Lucid, they just need to understand the current state of the quality and software issues.

I do agree that the support and repair teams are stellar.

I do drive the car and I do enjoy it and recommend it to potential buyers. However, as time goes on (six months for me) and several unresolved issues still pending, I am starting to get the feeling that the software is not job one at Lucid and it needs to be.
Last time I checked, they had 70 pages of open positions on their website, mostly for software engineers. Of course, finding talent all comes down to dollars and cents.

I disagree. Lucid was far less than forthcoming, and still is, about the extent of the software issues when I ordered and picked up my car. Also, I am really tired of hearing comparisons to Tesla. I didn't want I Tesla.

Telling potential Lucid buyers that "everything is fine, just minor software issues" does them a disservice. Do I think that Lucid will fix the issues, yes. Do I think that it will take them 6-12 months, yes.

So, if someone is looking at Lucid, they just need to understand the current state of the quality and software issues.

I do agree that the support and repair teams are stellar.
This brings up another important point for me. I see a lot of "I'm glad I'll be getting my car in 2023, when all of these issues will be worked out" posts.

Let me tell you: They will not all be worked out.

Will Lucid make progress on the more eggregious issues by then? Of course. But perfect? My Tesla still phantom brakes, and it's been several years since that issue got reported.
It takes more than a year to fix some of the sorts of bugs we're talking about. And some will get deprioritized to the point where an issue might sit unfixed for even longer.

Ask any Apple developer about filing radars sometime. I have a few I filed many years ago that are still outstanding. And I'm pretty sure Apple has a few more software engineers than Lucid does.

Personally, I love buggy beta software. So I am excited for things not to work, for them to be fixed, for new features that come out that also don't work. I guess I am weird.

Well, the lane keep assist software just doesn't want to let you out of what is perceived to be the "lane." So my guess is that it will ping pong you left and right to keep you within your lines. The lane centering feature which is part of the highway assist (yet to be implemented, slotted for later this year) will keep you centered. Why it's not released yet could be anyone's guess, my personal guess is that it hasn't been approved by the NHTSA, though I have no experience with any of that! We do know that at least 1 user on this forum, @experiment458 does have highway assist on his car, but he hasn't come to update us on it.
🤫🤐

Back