Also know that if you have apple watch, you can unlock the car from the app on the watch. You should be close enough to your phone for it to work if you are standing close by it.the doors will lock with the fob inside. Yes, my phone was inside too. Fortunately, I had the card in my other jacket.
Thanks! I didn’t know that and I appreciate your post!Also know that if you have apple watch, you can unlock the car from the app on the watch. You should be close enough to your phone for it to work if you are standing close by it.
so does any other car ...the doors will lock with the fob inside. Yes, my phone was inside too. Fortunately, I had the card in my other jacket.
so does any other car ...
Not all. My 2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty would not let you lock the door and close it with the key in it. I know for certain because I used it extensively on backcountry hunting trips where I’d try and lock a key in there and carry a backup in my pack. It would not let me do this.so does any other car ...
And every car I owned Audi, BMW, Porsche and Range Rover did this.Not true at all - my Cayenne, my last Infiniti M, my BMW, and my wife’s Infiniti QX won’t lock if the fob is inside the car. Why would you think that? This isn’t a new technology and has been around forever.
Press the door handle. Et voilà, car unlocks.the doors will lock with the fob inside. Yes, my phone was inside too. Fortunately, I had the card in my other jacket.
This. I've had my fob in my jacket pocket, opened the frunk, put the jacket into the car, closed the frunk, and walked away. Came back to realize the fob was now in the frunk and the car was locked. But a press on the door handle opened it right up. So long as it detects a mobile key or fob nearby, the car will unlock with a press on the driver door handle.Press the door handle. Et voilà, car unlocks.![]()
True, I had a Tesla mobile service tech lock himself out of his service Model S. He left his phone, laptop and key fob in the S and it locked. For him pressing the door handle didn’t unlock the car. He had to use my phone to call Tesla roadside to remotely unlock the car. It was actually pretty funny watching him try to convince roadside he was a Tesla employee who got locked out of a Tesla service vehicle.Not true at all - my Cayenne, my last Infiniti M, my BMW, and my wife’s Infiniti QX won’t lock if the fob is inside the car. Why would you think that? This isn’t a new technology and has been around forever.
Ah, great tip! I've been car camping and the idea of locking myself out was a bit anxiety-inducing. (I actually hid a key card outside of the car in camping gear just in case.)Press the door handle. Et voilà, car unlocks.![]()
check first, mine only does that on the passenger side or trunk until they fix it.Ah, great tip! I've been car camping and the idea of locking myself out was a bit anxiety-inducing. (I actually hid a key card outside of the car in camping gear just in case.)
Yep, happened to mePress the door handle. Et voilà, car unlocks.![]()
Which means you have a faulty door handle, but it is even less likely that both door handles would fail at the same time.check first, mine only does that on the passenger side or trunk until they fix it.
Press the door handle. Et voilà, car unlocks.![]()
They said I have two bad ones it seemsWhich means you have a faulty door handle, but it is even less likely that both door handles would fail at the same time.