DMV Lucid Owners

I'm interested and available on 3/16. I'm coming from Baltimore so 6am might be tough for me. Would love to meet some fellow Lucid owners - I'm feeling very lonely. Haven't seen another Air in a couple of months.

I can't tell you what time we'd need to be there since I usually don't show up until 7:30 or 8 am and at that time it's normally packed. I'm ordinarily trying to catch someone leaving or finding a random open spot in the back lot.

I think the only guarantee would be closer to 6 am which, for me, is probably a non-starter. Even then, I'm not sure of the etiquette around saving spaces. Maybe there are some other regulars C&C regulars here that would have more insight...anyone?
I'm only a semi-regular but what I'd suggest is for the group to aim for one of the slightly more separate areas of parking lot, rather than the "prime spots" right in front of the coffee house - these tend to get taken very early by the stuff people really want to see (and / or the people who really want to be seen ...), so it would be bad form to try to block off a group of them.

Here's a pic of the parking lot(s). I've marked in green the areas where I've seen single-marque groups congregate before - we could aim for one of those, depending on how many we expect. Top right might be best, followed by bottom right.

Katie's.jpg

I'm only a semi-regular but what I'd suggest is for the group to aim for one of the slightly more separate areas of parking lot, rather than the "prime spots" right in front of the coffee house - these tend to get taken very early by the stuff people really want to see (and / or the people who really want to be seen ...), so it would be bad form to try to block off a group of them.

Here's a pic of the parking lot(s). I've marked in green the areas where I've seen single-marque groups congregate before - we could aim for one of those, depending on how many we expect. Top right might be best, followed by bottom right.

View attachment 18618

Bumping this thread.

@Spin Doctor this sounds great. I’m down and can plan to arrive early to stake out some of the green spots.

So I can figure out how many spots to commandeer - who else is down to meet up at Cars and Coffee in Great Falls the morning of March 16th?

I'm still in and also willing to show up early, it's not far for me. Let's start a Discord or something so we can actually find each other day of.

I too can show up early. How early are we thinking?

I too can show up early. How early are we thinking?
I was thinking of getting there around 715. Not sure if that would be too late or too early having not been to this cars and coffee in over a decade.

Thinking closer to 6 am better too. I'll say by 6:30 am for me.

Gents, this week is the week!

6AM the week of DST change! Righteous! Thank goodness we’re meeting at a coffee shop.

Coming from Maryland, I am planning an ETA of 7AM. I will have a new Lucid hat to give to whoever may be able to save me a decent spot if this place really gets as busy as people say it does.

Is the plan to visit the Tyson’s Corner center after the morning meetup? Has anyone spoken with the Tyson’s corner lucid people?

Is the plan to visit the Tyson’s Corner center after the morning meetup? Has anyone spoken with the Tyson’s corner lucid people?
That was indeed part of a far more ambitious itinerary proposed earlier in this thread. I did speak to one of the sales advisors back then who shared that, if we had enough folks, they could arrange a section of parking and/or a welcome of some kind (no details provided). At the moment, for this first meetup, it looks like we may acquaint at the Cars and Coffee, especially seeing how early some of us will need to arrive there.

Would be great for us to have a future meetup, with proper sunny weather, at the studio in Tysons and in coordination with the Lucid staff. Maybe end of April for that one.

It's almost here, don't forget that last minute detailing!

Posting the Discord link again for anybody who missed it - get in here so we can find each other more easily tomorrow: https://discord.gg/TA2wDHzV

The off and on rain in Maryland tonight is messing up my detail plans!

See you all bright and early!

Aiming between 6:45 and 7 am. Don’t think we need to be there too early since it’s still dark until 7 am.

The off and on rain in Maryland tonight is messing up my detail plans!

See you all bright and early!
Same, I'd just gotten some wax on when this rain started coming down. If I show up with a half-shiny car, I blame the sky.

This is wild. You all were not kidding about how crazy this place gets!

Great to meet you all!

Pretty good showing - Three GTs, two Tourings and a DE. Just need a Pure and a Sapphire next time :cool: Alas I didn't take any pictures, too crowded.

Absolutely, was really great to meet you all in person! I’m still amazed at how busy that was this morning.

Next one will be in Tysons, not as early and not as cold! I will reach out to the service center and studio staff to take them up on the parking.

Should be able to get a proper lineup photo then!

How does April 28tg work for you all?

Back