DMV Lucid Owners

At this point, either of those dates work for me. I'm pretty flexible given I live about ten minutes from Katie's. I will say that 3/23 is the start of Spring Break for Fairfax County Public Schools so that could impact overall attendance at Cars and Coffee.

That is great info to know re: Spring Break - Could even do the 16th on St Patrick's Day weekend seeing as Katie's Coffee and The Old Brogue are an Irish family restaurant.

Would agree that we avoid Spring Break weekends.

9th or 23rd probably best for me but I’m pretty flexible

Appreciate everyone's flexibility on dates - still TBD until we get more input/awareness though we have narrowed it down.

As far as rally schedule - should we want to drive instead of a meet-up, I am proposing the following:

1. Begin around 830AM in Bluemont, VA, and take the scenic Snickersville Turnpike towards Aldie (SouthEast)

2. Around 9AM, we get to Aldie, VA, and head Northbound on US-15 towards Leesburg to get on Leesburg Pike/Route 7

3. Head Eastbound from Leesburg via Route 7 to meet in Great Falls, VA, at Katie's Coffee and Cars, arrival around 930AM (we can grab coffee from 930AM-10AM and link with additional drivers that are not up early or wish to skip the prior scenic drive)

4. Depart Great Falls, VA, around 1015AM and head to Tyson's Galleria via Georgetown Pike and Old Dominion

5. Arrive at the Lucid Studio at Tysons Galleria around 1045AM

6. Optional brunch/lunch at 11AM the new Yardhouse restaurant that opened above the Lucid studio

Total miles for the full rally route with stops is just under 60 miles.
DMV Lucid Owners Rally.PNG

Welcome any thoughts, suggestions, or alternative schedules. Full disclosure, I have not done this route myself though my research for the area indicates that Snickersville Turnpike is great to drive.

I live out that way and Snickersville Turnpike on the way to Bear Chase Brewery is my go-to drive when the weather cooperates. Taking 601 south to Rt 50 from Bluemont is also a nice mountain drive. I am up for the drive you suggest, but I suspect if most people live closer in towards DC, getting to Bluemont early in the morning may not be that attractive to some.

I live out that way and Snickersville Turnpike on the way to Bear Chase Brewery is my go-to drive when the weather cooperates. Taking 601 south to Rt 50 from Bluemont is also a nice mountain drive. I am up for the drive you suggest, but I suspect if most people live closer in towards DC, getting to Bluemont early in the morning may not be that attractive to some.

This is great feedback. Perhaps could do something of the reverse proposed schedule so that the early morning rally point is in Tysons and we head to Bear Chase as our final stop if we have many people coming from DC or MD.

Related to the original schedule and in full disclosure, I am hoping (and trying to communicate with) the Tysons Lucid studio would be interested in doing something of a welcome, even if to just reserve some parking spaces, if we get a solid group together for this.

Appreciate everyone's flexibility on dates - still TBD until we get more input/awareness though we have narrowed it down.

As far as rally schedule - should we want to drive instead of a meet-up, I am proposing the following:

1. Begin around 830AM in Bluemont, VA, and take the scenic Snickersville Turnpike towards Aldie (SouthEast)

2. Around 9AM, we get to Aldie, VA, and head Northbound on US-15 towards Leesburg to get on Leesburg Pike/Route 7

3. Head Eastbound from Leesburg via Route 7 to meet in Great Falls, VA, at Katie's Coffee and Cars, arrival around 930AM (we can grab coffee from 930AM-10AM and link with additional drivers that are not up early or wish to skip the prior scenic drive)

4. Depart Great Falls, VA, around 1015AM and head to Tyson's Galleria via Georgetown Pike and Old Dominion

5. Arrive at the Lucid Studio at Tysons Galleria around 1045AM

6. Optional brunch/lunch at 11AM the new Yardhouse restaurant that opened above the Lucid studio

Total miles for the full rally route with stops is just under 60 miles.
View attachment 18023

Welcome any thoughts, suggestions, or alternative schedules. Full disclosure, I have not done this route myself though my research for the area indicates that Snickersville Turnpike is great to drive.
Keep in mind, I believe Katie's Cars and Coffee officially runs from 6- 9 am. They used to be pretty militant about disbanding at 9 am out of respect for the business owners there.

March is sneaking up on us. Anything going on behind the scenes, or do we just need to pick a date and do something?

March is sneaking up on us. Anything going on behind the scenes, or do we just need to pick a date and do something?

@segbrk Appreciate the bump on this thread - how about we shoot for morning of Saturday, March 16th at Katie’s Cars and Coffee for an inaugural meet-up?

Am unsure of how much interest there is in a short rally drive versus doing a meetup and would welcome any input. The meetup may be simpler for a first event.

Full disclosure on the delay - to my surprise, someone from Lucid Corporate Customer Relations reached out to me directly a few weeks ago referencing this thread and she expressed an interest in contemplating official support for our DMV area meetup. No further details were provided and I have since spent the last few weeks playing email and phone tag without success. While frustrating, it is really cool that Lucid reads the forums and I appreciate them reaching out. My guess is that the big Arizona event took up a lot of bandwidth, and for good reason. That looked like an amazing event! All that to say, I was waiting to see what dates Lucid might be able to support and to what degree before responding to this thread, but agree that at this point we should indeed get something on the books.

@segbrk Appreciate the bump on this thread - how about we shoot for morning of Saturday, March 16th at Katie’s Cars and Coffee for an inaugural meet-up?

Am unsure of how much interest there is in a short rally drive versus doing a meetup and would welcome any input. The meetup may be simpler for a first event.
Sounds good to me. I'm certainly up for a drive, I'd just do it after Katie's and loop back around to Tysons.

Sounds good to me. I'm certainly up for a drive, I'd just do it after Katie's and loop back around to Tysons.
Awesome, looking forward to it!
Let’s get the word out about the 16th. I will reach out to the Tysons service center folks to see if they can also let some customers know about it.

Glad to get a date on the calendar. My son has a soccer tournament (in McLean) that weekend with yet-to-be-determined timing, but I should be able to attend Katie's and (hopefully) the trip to the Lucid store in Tysons. As we get closer it might be good to discuss timing. Katie's definitely fills up and it would be nice if we could park together versus being dispersed, suggesting a fairly early arrival time.

Glad to get a date on the calendar. My son has a soccer tournament (in McLean) that weekend with yet-to-be-determined timing, but I should be able to attend Katie's and (hopefully) the trip to the Lucid store in Tysons. As we get closer it might be good to discuss timing. Katie's definitely fills up and it would be nice if we could park together versus being dispersed, suggesting a fairly early arrival time.

What time would you recommend a few of us would need to get there to secure a good section of collocated parking spaces?

It has been several years since I last attended Katie's Cars and Coffee in Great Falls so I have no idea.

Looking forward to meeting up soon. Thanks!

What time would you recommend a few of us would need to get there to secure a good section of collocated parking spaces?

It has been several years since I last attended Katie's Cars and Coffee in Great Falls so I have no idea.

Looking forward to meeting up soon. Thanks!
I can't tell you what time we'd need to be there since I usually don't show up until 7:30 or 8 am and at that time it's normally packed. I'm ordinarily trying to catch someone leaving or finding a random open spot in the back lot.

I think the only guarantee would be closer to 6 am which, for me, is probably a non-starter. Even then, I'm not sure of the etiquette around saving spaces. Maybe there are some other regulars C&C regulars here that would have more insight...anyone?

I sent Katie's a message. I don't expect them to reserve space for us or anything like that, but maybe they'll have some advice.

I can't tell you what time we'd need to be there since I usually don't show up until 7:30 or 8 am and at that time it's normally packed. I'm ordinarily trying to catch someone leaving or finding a random open spot in the back lot.

I think the only guarantee would be closer to 6 am which, for me, is probably a non-starter. Even then, I'm not sure of the etiquette around saving spaces. Maybe there are some other regulars C&C regulars here that would have more insight...anyone?
I am confused, since I've never been to Katie's. But, if that is the same location as this one, their website says they don't even open until 11:30am on Saturdays. Am I missing something?

https://oldbrogue.com/contact

760 Walker Rd. Great Falls VA 22066 | Phone: 703-759-3309
Wed-Mon: 11:30am-10pm, Fri-Sat: 11:30am-Midnight, Sun: 10:30am-10pm

I am confused, since I've never been to Katie's. But, if that is the same location as this one, their website says they don't even open until 11:30am on Saturdays. Am I missing something?

https://oldbrogue.com/contact

760 Walker Rd. Great Falls VA 22066 | Phone: 703-759-3309
Wed-Mon: 11:30am-10pm, Fri-Sat: 11:30am-Midnight, Sun: 10:30am-10pm
Katie's is part of the same business, but it's the coffee shop rather than the restaurant. It opens at 7AM, but every Saturday they start lining up fancy cars at 6AM.

Back