Distortion on rear windshield glass

Shakko

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Hi everybody,

I just picked up my lease Lucid Air Touring (yay!) a few days ago and noticed some odd warping / distortion effect happening at the bottom 3~ inches of the rear windshield. It's a little hard to explain without seeing it, so I'm attaching a video to show the effect (imgur link).

I figure I'd ask here and see if this is completely normal, or if I should get this checked out. Can anyone confirm if this is to be expected, please?

I am looking to get my car tinted soon, but wanted to wait to see if this is something I should get checked out at the service center before moving forward with tint.

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• IMG_6508-compressed.mov
    11.4 MB
Last edited:
Normal. Cars will appears "squished" vertically when you look through the rear window. It's an artifact of the curvature. 🤷‍♂️ You get used to it.

I took delivery of 2024 Air touring and had the windows tinted. I noticed the same distortion in my rear window. Tinting owner said it was the glass and he had a previous customer notify Lucid and had his rear window replaced as it was deemed "faulty"
So is this distortion truly "normal" or is it faulty glass?
Curious what others have experienced. I can deal with it as I don't necessarily want to go through the process of getting the window replaced

Glad to hear I'm not alone... I went ahead and got my windows tinted as well. Also asked the tint shop, and they said it is expected due to curvature. I still think it's a little hard to "unsee" it once you notice it.

If it does bother me enough, I may get it checked out, but agree about not wanting to go through the whole process of getting it replaced. Just seems like quite a hassle.

Glad to hear I'm not alone... I went ahead and got my windows tinted as well. Also asked the tint shop, and they said it is expected due to curvature. I still think it's a little hard to "unsee" it once you notice it.

If it does bother me enough, I may get it checked out, but agree about not wanting to go through the whole process of getting it replaced. Just seems like quite a hassle.
Its just the way the window was designed. Replacing wont "fix" it. I kind of like it, as it makes the cars behind me look low, wide, and cool.

I kind of like it, as it makes the cars behind me look low, wide, and cool.
Hey, your Lucid is the car that is supposed to look low, wide, and cool! Seriously, my 2024 Pure has the same distortion, so I also consider it normal (and not a problem).

Back