Delays and BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DA is Ethan, and he is quite responsive. I do not always like the response but since I paid for my auto, and have it insured; I just wish it was delivered. Comedy of errors on my delivery but, as this forum has said, the after-purchase service is pretty remarkable. Of course, I am frustrated with not being able to drive my 150k toy, but Lucid is stepping up to the plate with options. Some of my past posts were "like I am unhappy and taking my ball and going home" but the forum members advice was well versed, so I stepped back and let the Lucid team work the options. So, keep bugging your DA for answers though! He should definitely be responding.
My Air was delivered in early May. I have had no issues with it whatsoever. I view it as a positive that Lucid wants to get it right before delivery. It is frustrating to have paid and already have it insured but personally I’d rather have Lucid be accountable and deliver a car as close to perfect as possible. Also the 2.0 software is just around the corner and looks fantastic from what other forum members have posted.

Latest Update
Great response from Lucid. My car dent was on the sculptured door crease on the passenger side and could not be repaired by paintless dent repair. It is in a Lucid authorized body shop and should be completed within a week or so. They were not sure how it would be repaired...repainted, etc. so my only questions were "will it be noticeable and not listed on a CarFax". I can only assume that it will be unnoticeable and, obviously, I will do a long inspection when I do get delivery. I will be out of country until the end of the month so we setup a delivery date on Oct 30. BTW, even though it is scheduled for a Nov 14th recall, I asked if it was possible to do the tow hook repair and ensure my software was 2.0 or the latest. I have not had a reply on that yet.
Lucid did offer me an identical vehicle that was in California and have it to me this week before I left for vacation. I opted to keep the original car and wait it out for another month since I would be gone, and the VIN was given to my insurance company and motor vehicle dept for registration. Not hard to have changed but I did not feel it was critical and they have already done my 19-inch wheel modification to this vehicle.
As many of you have said, it is frustrating to have the car here but not delivered but Lucid has demonstrated that the customer is paramount, and they want the car delivery to be perfect. I have retained my Model 3LR and sold the Model S so eagerly awaiting this baby!!!!
With the trending recession issues and market heading for a new bottom, I think Lucid understands how important it is to appeal to a small segment buying luxury EVs and their personnel are stepping up to the plate. Patience, grasshopper is true for sure.

I am happy to hear they gave you options to help accommodate your needs after a frustrating experience. This process does require a healthy degree of patience, but for many, customer service has really done their best to remedy whatever challenge you’re facing in the moment. I hope that continues.

Latest Update
Great response from Lucid. My car dent was on the sculptured door crease on the passenger side and could not be repaired by paintless dent repair. It is in a Lucid authorized body shop and should be completed within a week or so. They were not sure how it would be repaired...repainted, etc. so my only questions were "will it be noticeable and not listed on a CarFax". I can only assume that it will be unnoticeable and, obviously, I will do a long inspection when I do get delivery. I will be out of country until the end of the month so we setup a delivery date on Oct 30. BTW, even though it is scheduled for a Nov 14th recall, I asked if it was possible to do the tow hook repair and ensure my software was 2.0 or the latest. I have not had a reply on that yet.
Lucid did offer me an identical vehicle that was in California and have it to me this week before I left for vacation. I opted to keep the original car and wait it out for another month since I would be gone, and the VIN was given to my insurance company and motor vehicle dept for registration. Not hard to have changed but I did not feel it was critical and they have already done my 19-inch wheel modification to this vehicle.
As many of you have said, it is frustrating to have the car here but not delivered but Lucid has demonstrated that the customer is paramount, and they want the car delivery to be perfect. I have retained my Model 3LR and sold the Model S so eagerly awaiting this baby!!!!
With the trending recession issues and market heading for a new bottom, I think Lucid understands how important it is to appeal to a small segment buying luxury EVs and their personnel are stepping up to the plate. Patience, grasshopper is true for sure.
I see positive side in your rant ... Eagerness to get the vehicle, love for this company and excitement of ownership of a luxury EV car. Stay positive my experience had been good with LUCID. I bought Model X in July and Tesla's delivery experience was very bad for the.top model from them... Lucid delivery experience was OK not great given I was a day ahead of Ian hitting Florida so didn't had lot of fan fare as generally we see on Twitter.

Latest Update
For what it's worth, I rejected my delivery due to several issues, one of which was a small ding/dent on the driver side door. (Also had a crack on the windshield, trim that was loose, and the wrong size wheels/tires). I wasn't happy about having wired the money and have to reject the car, BUT the Lucid folks from the Tysons Corner VA SC were very understanding and communicative. Like you, I turned down the offer of another vehicle and was worried that my car may not be "perfect" when I got it back. The 2nd delivery was 10 days after the first and the car looks amazing. The SC did take a few extra days to find/replace the tires and to detail the car (Note: the dents and windshield were repaired in Richmond, VA), but it was worth it.

Enjoy your trip, I'm sure the car will be great!

Well, after thinking I was about to achieve ownership....Crap
1. Scheduled delivery was Sept 30th...wired $$$, put on insurance, so car is mine
2. Call on Sept 29...no delivery driver available
3. Call on Sept 30...car needed to undergo new inspection
4. Call on Oct1....car can be picked up in Scottsdale on Oct 3rd
5. Call on Oct 2nd....car needs to go through more PDI
6. Call on Oct 3rd... car will be delivered to home on Oct 8th
7. Call on Oct 7th....detailer caused or noticed a "pinpoint dent" in passenger door. Service manager wants it repaired but no time estimate.
I was in Scottsdale and went to service center where the DA said I could not see car because it was being detailed. That was yesterday and today I am told that it was detailed today and that was when they discovered the dent. Sounds like coverup to me.

I just unloaded on the Lucid rep. I am totally pissed off and, at this point, I would take my $151k back. The car is awesome, no question, but I do not need this drama in getting a damn car. It is beyond a new car company and some software problems...this is not a well-run organization in respect to my auto.
Sorry to all those on the forum but I think I have had enough sunshine pumped up my ass at this point.
I am with you on frustration they seem to over-promise and under-deliver. I would send your message to all the heads at Lucid Motors, which will get you an immediate response and action.

I am with you on frustration they seem to over-promise and under-deliver. I would send your message to all the heads at Lucid Motors, which will get you an immediate response and action.
Seems that this was resolved months ago.

I think it is more a problem of under or poor communicating.
Again, this is an old thread you are commenting on. Everything was resolved. I am closing the thread to future comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back