Debating Pure Purchase

I really appreciate everyone’s input. Can someone in a similar climate to the Northeast please elaborate on if you have issues keeping the cabin warm or cool enough?

Heat works fine
Using the heated seats and wheel helps a lot
The seats can get very hot on max setting
For cooling if you turn on the rear AC the cabin cools much quicker

I really appreciate everyone’s input. Can someone in a similar climate to the Northeast please elaborate on if you have issues keeping the cabin warm or cool enough?
I'm in Harrisburg, PA. I've had zero issues keeping my cabin cool this past summer w/the glass canopy. The max AC setting was wonderful.

Similarly, I've had no issues late last winter and spring with the heat. Although, I used my seat warmers and steering wheel warmer way more frequently.

I'm in Harrisburg, PA. I've had zero issues keeping my cabin cool this past summer w/the glass canopy. The max AC setting was wonderful.

Similarly, I've had no issues late last winter and spring with the heat. Although, I used my seat warmers and steering wheel warmer way more frequently.
Do you feel like it would have been hard to stay warm without the seat and steering wheel heaters or were they just a nice bonus?

Do you feel like it would have been hard to stay warm without the seat and steering wheel heaters or were they just a nice bonus?
It would have been fine. I used the heater this past weekend in sub 50 degree temps and pouring rain. They are a bonus. I choose to maximize range. Using the seat and steering wheel heaters allows for this.

I am debating getting a Pure base model. I have heard and read things that concern me. 1) time in the shop, 2) bugginess of software to the point of reboot needed, 3) not able to warm or cool cabin in extreme temperatures (I live in the Northeast), 4) doors not closing easily, 5) system slow to fully boot including backup camera and doors unlocking upon approach.

It’s a long list, but there were many positive comments as well and I love the look and drive.

Any insight would be great.
I've had a Pure AWD DDP SSP since Dec 2022.

1. Time in shop has been minimal. Never had any serious issues i.e. battery, motor/drivetrain, etc. Just a frunk alignment issue, some minor fitment issues, and a mild parcel shelf rubbing noise (known issue). Time in shop has been about 2-7 days each service, YMMV depending on size of, efficiency of, and how busy the service center is. My service center provided a Lucid Air loaner (GT) for free each time while my car was in service.

2. Software is useable now, although I wouldn't give any particular praise beyond that to its current iteration. Never had to reboot due to a software problem. I only had to reboot once due to my misaligned frunk open command getting jammed, but that is more a hardware alignment issue than a software issue.

3. The Pure is dramatically better at handling extreme temperatures than the glass roof trims because of the insulated metal roof. Otherwise, I haven't had any issues with cooling/heating, and have been able to preheat or precool cabin temps through the app successfully.

4. If you know how to close a regular non-softclose car door, you won't have any problem closing a Air Pure door. I haven't had any issue closing the doors otherwise.

5. Door presentation has improved since last year for sure. 95% of the time, the doors will self present before I get to it now. And during the 5% they do not self present, it will either do so 1-2 seconds after reaching the door, or if I want it to present immediately, I can just push in the driver door handle and it will present all doors immediately without fail.

Full system boot up has also improved, but still isn't as immediate as I would like it. However, you do get all screens on, the ability to put into gear, the backup camera, and all sensors immediately upon getting in your seat without lag. If you're getting the base Pure, that means you probably won't have 360 view, which is the function that actually takes a bit longer to fully boot up. The 360 view takes like 10-15 seconds to turn on from powered off. Directions are on immediately if you already had navigation set previously, but data-related services such as maps and internet audio (Tidal) can take up to 20-25 seconds to turn on fully and resume previous settings. These are estimated times based on if the car was turned off completely, and bootup times can be even shorter if the car is just in sleep mode.

I've had a Pure AWD DDP SSP since Dec 2022.

1. Time in shop has been minimal. Never had any serious issues i.e. battery, motor/drivetrain, etc. Just a frunk alignment issue, some minor fitment issues, and a mild parcel shelf rubbing noise (known issue). Time in shop has been about 2-7 days each service, YMMV depending on size of, efficiency of, and how busy the service center is. My service center provided a Lucid Air loaner (GT) for free each time while my car was in service.

2. Software is useable now, although I wouldn't give any particular praise beyond that to its current iteration. Never had to reboot due to a software problem. I only had to reboot once due to my misaligned frunk open command getting jammed, but that is more a hardware alignment issue than a software issue.

3. The Pure is dramatically better at handling extreme temperatures than the glass roof trims because of the insulated metal roof. Otherwise, I haven't had any issues with cooling/heating, and have been able to preheat or precool cabin temps through the app successfully.

4. If you know how to close a regular non-softclose car door, you won't have any problem closing a Air Pure door. I haven't had any issue closing the doors otherwise.

5. Door presentation has improved since last year for sure. 95% of the time, the doors will self present before I get to it now. And during the 5% they do not self present, it will either do so 1-2 seconds after reaching the door, or if I want it to present immediately, I can just push in the driver door handle and it will present all doors immediately without fail.

Full system boot up has also improved, but still isn't as immediate as I would like it. However, you do get all screens on, the ability to put into gear, the backup camera, and all sensors immediately upon getting in your seat without lag. If you're getting the base Pure, that means you probably won't have 360 view, which is the function that actually takes a bit longer to fully boot up. The 360 view takes like 10-15 seconds to turn on from powered off. Directions are on immediately if you already had navigation set previously, but data-related services such as maps and internet audio (Tidal) can take up to 20-25 seconds to turn on fully and resume previous settings. These are estimated times based on if the car was turned off completely, and bootup times can be even shorter if the car is just in sleep mode.
Thank you. This was great information.

One of the OG Pure owners here. Had it for 10 months now.

I rarely had to reboot to fix problems, if at all. I haven't had to reboot since the error I got iirc 5 months ago?

I got used to closing the door. I just have to be mindful when closing other cars otherwise it would end up as a hard slam.

Camera loading was a bit slow in the past but it has not been an issue for me.

Had to service my car twice. Took 1 week each time but the wait time for them to start the service was pretty good. Compared to Tesla which took 3 months for my friend to get his side mirror replaced...

Car unlocking when approaching is 50/50. Sometimes it opens on time sometimes I have to wait. Could be fixed by opening the app early or just pressing the keyfob instead of relying on the sensors to detect my proximity.

Cooling is a bit weak. Heat and steering wheels get hot.

Had my Pure for 3 weeks or so. Have had no problems with heat so far. Wake up is a bit slow but livelable. Woudl definitely do this again. Welcome teh family.

My debate about buying a Pure led me to buying a Touring and I've loved and enjoyed that decision everyday! 😀

Back