DDP Recalibration - Highway Assist

Buffalo Bob

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Pure AWD 19" No Aeros
Referral Code
MAXED
A couple trip reports I posted had noted some frustration with the lane centering and lane holding capabilities of Highway Assist, and several forum members encouraged me to have the system re-calibrated. So, I scheduled a service appointment with the Seattle Service Center, which by the way was a great experience from start to finish.

Here is the summary on my service document:

Cause: Test drove vehicle on highway I-90 and checked operation of Highway Assist for several miles. Was unable to reproduce excessive swaying in
lanes, but there was some mild tendency to hug one side of lane at times.

Corrections: Because this function can be highly dependent on individual road conditions, decision was made to perform calibrations on both the FMC
and the Front AD cameras. Both calibrations were completed successfully. Drove vehicle again and verified operation.

Labor Description Actions: FMC Static Calibration FMC Static Calibration Diagnostic; ADAS General Diagnosis ADAS General Diagnosis Diagnostic

I just completed a 250 mile trip, and the lane centering capabilities of Highway Assist are now much improved, including the tendency to hug the right side of the lane. The car still sways a bit in/through/out of curves, but it it now only a question of a few degrees, where before I imagined that the car going from side to side within the lane would look like a drunk driver up ahead. I didn't encounter the types of lane marking interruptions that would sometimes cause Highway Assist to actually leave the lane, but I suspect that this will be improved, as well.

The bottom line is that I now feel comfortable using Highway Assist when I am not in the midst of heavy traffic.

Reminds me of :
A man needs a new suit. He goes to Sam the Taylor to get measured-up, and in a week gets a call to pick it up.
At the fitting the arms are miss-matched and the legs uneven, the waist pinched and the shoulders at different heights. Sam says, " Here, stand in front of the mirror. Now hunch your right shoulder a bit to the left and down. Now raise your left leg on your heal and twist it a bit to the right. Now hunch over and suck in your gut.
The guy looks in the mirror and the fit is perfect.

He exits the shop beaming with pride at his custom fitted suit. Two old women see him exit.
One says: " Wow, look at that beautiful tailored suit !"
The other says: " Yeah, but what a shame it's on a cripple."

alternate version: " Look at that poor man...a cripple." " Yes but what a beautiful suit! "

Self-driving cars are for people who should be using public transportation.

Reminds me of :
A man needs a new suit. He goes to Sam the Taylor to get measured-up, and in a week gets a call to pick it up.
At the fitting the arms are miss-matched and the legs uneven, the waist pinched and the shoulders at different heights. Sam says, " Here, stand in front of the mirror. Now hunch your right shoulder a bit to the left and down. Now raise your left leg on your heal and twist it a bit to the right. Now hunch over and suck in your gut.

He exits the shop beaming with pride at his custom fitted suit. Two old women see him exit.

alternate version: " Look at that poor man...a cripple." " Yes but what a beautiful suit! "

We understand how you feel. Please let it go, because posting it on every single thread about DD or HA is no longer funny or helpful to anyone. <3

Reminds me of :

Good Lord, Cosmo Cruz! You must be as old as me! I recall hearing that joke when I was very young, and had not heard it since.
I think Washington may have told it to me as we were crossing the Delaware River.

Back