Dash - Showing miles per kWh

MGillett

Cars
Lucid Air
On the left of my dash, it was displaying miles per kWh. After a software update, it was gone. Does anyone know how to configure dashboard to show it?

On the left of my dash, it was displaying miles per kWh. After a software update, it was gone. Does anyone know how to configure dashboard to show it?
Can’t be done.

You cannot get it on the dash but you can bring it up on the pilot panel by settings/vehicle/trip information.

You can see miles per kWh on the pilot panel for trip and overall since last charge like it was if you go into settings>vehicle>trip information

I am looking at a possible replacement for my Tesla model S and I took a test drive in a GT the other day. I reset the trip A meter before driving to try and get a reading for my mi/kWh. But after my 6 mile test drive, the trip A read 6.2 mi/kWh. But my host said the number wasn't valid since I didn't drive far enough to get a "real" reading. Is that how it works with the Lucid? My Tesla gives a reading immediately, and within a few miles it reads a pretty realistic value.
Also, on my car there is an energy screen that I can display on my dash that gives running average for efficiency, with settings for 5,15, or 30 mile averages. Does Lucid have a feature like this?
I find that is a useful feature to keep on my display. On the other side of my dash, I display my tire pressures. Both of these are selectable features for what you prefer to keep on display.

It's "valid" but it's only measured and reported that very short distance. If that distance was you starting down a hill and coating it's very high, if you jackrabbited from a red light it's very low.

So it's valid but not really meaningful because it's not a good average of a significant drive under a combination of circumstances.

I continue to be upset that Lucid took away the miles/kWh reading that displayed on the left side of the dash. Because it was there previously, there is no logical explanation for why it was removed.

I continue to be upset that Lucid took away the miles/kWh reading that displayed on the left side of the dash. Because it was there previously, there is no logical explanation for why it was removed.
Tap the Trip button on the Pilot Panel homepage to access this info for now. I hope it returns too.

Tap the Trip button on the Pilot Panel homepage to access this info for now. I hope it returns too.
Inconvenient at best since the miles remaining estimates are based on theory, not present consumption (deducted from non real epa range)

I agree. I hope Lucid returns this to the main instrument panel.

Both our 2017 Chevy Bolt and our 2013 Ford Fusion Energy (plug-in hybrid) display this information on the main dash. It's very useful and the equivalent of seeing instant and average miles per gallon in a gasoline powered car. It would also be helpful if the energy/recharge dial surrounding the speedometer had benchmarks (kw) on it--again my 2017 Bolt has this, and it's very useful.

I agree. I hope Lucid returns this to the main instrument panel.

Both our 2017 Chevy Bolt and our 2013 Ford Fusion Energy (plug-in hybrid) display this information on the main dash. It's very useful and the equivalent of seeing instant and average miles per gallon in a gasoline powered car. It would also be helpful if the energy/recharge dial surrounding the speedometer had benchmarks (kw) on it--again my 2017 Bolt has this, and it's very useful.
I agree that Lucid should show that information on the main dashboard. However, that has absolutely nothing to do with your Bolt or Fusion. We try to discourage those types of comparisons, as per our guidelines, because they don’t add to the conversation.

I agree that Lucid should show that information on the main dashboard. However, that has absolutely nothing to do with your Bolt or Fusion. We try to discourage those types of comparisons, as per our guidelines, because they don’t add to the conversation.
Apologies. Didn't know examples from other car markers was verboten. Just trying to provide some context based on what I'm used to with my other vehicles, which seemed relevant. I'll refrain going forward.

Speaking of going forward, what's the best way then to advocate for adding this capability? To whom should I make this request or recommendation?

Apologies. Didn't know examples from other car markers was verboten. Just trying to provide some context based on what I'm used to with my other vehicles, which seemed relevant. I'll refrain going forward.

Speaking of going forward, what's the best way then to advocate for adding this capability? To whom should I make this request or recommendation?
First and foremost, tell Lucid. They are the only ones in the position to do anything. Just write to the Customer Care email with your request.

Then, check LucidUpdates.com and see if what you are requesting is already listed in that giant wishlist. If not, let Bobby know and he'll be happy to add it.

First and foremost, tell Lucid. They are the only ones in the position to do anything. Just write to the Customer Care email with your request.

Then, check LucidUpdates.com and see if what you are requesting is already listed in that giant wishlist. If not, let Bobby know and he'll be happy to add it.
Thanks--just did and got a reply!

Thanks--just did and got a reply!
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for understand the guidelines/rules and playing along. They’re there to try and make it a better place for everyone, good/bad, happy/unhappy, and keep it productive and useful.

Not everyone reacts well to being asked to refrain from the things we’ve seen don’t further that goal, and I really appreciate you for understanding. :)

Back