Creaking and Rattling Driver’s Door.

Bus Driver

Verified Owner
Cars
Tesla MX, MS; Air GT
Over the last few months, when driving over bumps and irregular surfaces, I’ve noticed a part-creaking, part-rattling noise emanating from somewhere in my driver’s door. I can’t tell if it’s within the door panel itself or from the door frame. More vexingly, I can’t reliably produce the sound over every bump I drive over.

Before I call out the ever-excellent Frank, our local Lucid Mobile technical support here in San Diego CA, I want to ask if anyone else has experienced this?

During my first service visit to the Costa Mesa CA service centre, I complained about this intermittent problem. Their solution was to use double sided tape to reattach a loose door seal. Unfortunately it didn’t fix the problem.

I'm not losing my mind. Ever so subtle on only some road bumps. Please, please let me know the resolution.

I am almost to the point of taking the door apart myself to figure out the cause.

I had a clip break off so the armrest wasn't secured properly. Easy replacement. Just push the door a little in certain spots and see if it creaks.

I'm not losing my mind. Ever so subtle on only some road bumps. Please, please let me know the resolution.

I am almost to the point of taking the door apart myself to figure out the cause.

Good to know I’m not the only thinking that I was going crazy. Will do.

There's a known issue with creaking from:
1. Rear parcel shelf
2. Driver's seat

Is yours literally coming from the driver's door itself?

There's a known issue with creaking from:
1. Rear parcel shelf
2. Driver's seat

Is yours literally coming from the driver's door itself?

In my case, the creaking/rattling noise is coming from within the driver’s door, seemingly from somewhere in the middle of the door, but I can’t be sure. I’m also suspecting the rattle coming from somewhere around the door frame, but I’m even less sure of that.

No creaking noise from passenger door, or any other doors. None either from the driver’s seat or rear parcel shelf.

I had a clip break off so the armrest wasn't secured properly. Easy replacement. Just push the door a little in certain spots and see if it creaks.

The strangest thing - all this rain we’ve been having since early this morning in Southern California, and I can’t get the creaking/rattling sound to come back AT ALL! This morning I drove around our city streets, even with the threat of Hilary bearing down on us. No matter what I drove over, I couldn’t duplicate the creaking. Later in the evening, more drving over wet roads in the rain and fog. This time, a two-hour drive to LAX. Still no creaking and rattling. It’s amusing as it is mystifying, I wonder if wet weather causes it all to go away.

I pushed on the door to no avail. Still uncertain if it is the door itself or maybe something like the rear air vent. When the rear air vent was whistling from being closed, I thought it was the window.

You sure it's not coming from the center of the dash forward of the firewall? I had a constant creak from the bracing there and Frank diagnosed and fixed it.

In my case, the creaking/rattling noise is coming from within the driver’s door, seemingly from somewhere in the middle of the door, but I can’t be sure. I’m also suspecting the rattle coming from somewhere around the door frame, but I’m even less sure of that.

No creaking noise from passenger door, or any other doors. None either from the driver’s seat or rear parcel shelf.
I’ve also experienced this. Typically over rougher pavement at highway speed. Drives me crazy.

Now that it has gotten a bit colder (40's), I've noticed an annoying intermittent buzz or rattle coming from the right rear door area. It also seems to be vibration induced when we traverse rougher roads and stops on smoother roads. Haven't been able to confirm it yet, but it might be related to the window shade as the noise doesn't seem to be as prevalent with the shade up. Has anyone else seen this? Wanted to check here before contacting CS...

I also started experiencing the same issue regarding some noise coming from the door panel when going over small bumps. It doesn't happen always. sometimes it sounds like a rattle and other times like a small vibration. I have called customer service and they have scheduled a mobile service.

Back