Cosmos prototype

The market for small sedans is getting smaller and smaller here in US. Americans are mostly buying SUV’s (small and big) as well as pickups. Smart decision for Lucid to focus on higher demand segments. The Japanese and Koreans dominate the low to mid price market and Germans dominate the mid to higher price market. These manufacturers have the benefit of having home markets that still want small cars to help justify continuing with small car development. US manufacturers have largely abandoned not only small cars but sedans in general.

But like you, I would love to see an AIr or Cosmos based convertible. My wife drives (mostly) a Mercedes E450 convertible that will need to be replaced in 4-5 years and would love if someone came up with a sport/luxury EV convertible to replace it.
it's also important to consider market preferences in other regions as well. Station wagons / estates still sell a lot in Europe, and I'm willing to argue that certain levels of "crossovers" are within striking range of being called estates / station wagons, but they're labeled as crossovers for marketing. I think the Cosmos is treading towards that line to win over estate buyers as well.

Also I want it to be clear that I'm biased and I love station wagons, and I get envy seeing them sold in Europe while being next to extinct here in North America
 
it's also important to consider market preferences in other regions as well. Station wagons / estates still sell a lot in Europe, and I'm willing to argue that certain levels of "crossovers" are within striking range of being called estates / station wagons, but they're labeled as crossovers for marketing. I think the Cosmos is treading towards that line to win over estate buyers as well.

Also I want it to be clear that I'm biased and I love station wagons, and I get envy seeing them sold in Europe while being next to extinct here in North America
I have also always loved the Sport Station Wagon. That is why I bought a Gravity 🤣
 
I have also always loved the Sport Station Wagon. That is why I bought a Gravity 🤣
I'm on my knees begging for a tri-motor Sapphire Cosmos trim hahaha
 
8CD2BD9D-8961-4074-8C99-2971FEFD0E44.webp
 
Very cool render.... Almost looks like the put a Tesla Y and a Gravity together. Very cool... I believe the rear window will look a lot like this.
 
Woof, that is ugly. Which AI designed that, Jony Ive AI?
ChatGPT. Is it my favorite render no. Not at all. I wouldn’t call it ugly at all. The other red AI that was posted is beyond hideous that makes the Luce a design masterpiece.
 
The market for small sedans is getting smaller and smaller here in US. Americans are mostly buying SUV’s (small and big) as well as pickups. Smart decision for Lucid to focus on higher demand segments. The Japanese and Koreans dominate the low to mid price market and Germans dominate the mid to higher price market. These manufacturers have the benefit of having home markets that still want small cars to help justify continuing with small car development. US manufacturers have largely abandoned not only small cars but sedans in general.

But like you, I would love to see an AIr or Cosmos based convertible. My wife drives (mostly) a Mercedes E450 convertible that will need to be replaced in 4-5 years and would love if someone came up with a sport/luxury EV convertible to replace it.
Ford has completely abandoned the sedan market here in the USA with the exception of the Mustang GT (and perhaps the MachE). Otherwise every vehicle Ford makes is classified as a truck.
 
Ford has completely abandoned the sedan market here in the USA with the exception of the Mustang GT (and perhaps the MachE). Otherwise every vehicle Ford makes is classified as a truck.
No wonder they are largely irrelevant outside the US....selling rebadged VWs in EU.
 
ChatGPT. Is it my favorite render no. Not at all. I wouldn’t call it ugly at all. The other red AI that was posted is beyond hideous that makes the Luce a design masterpiece.
How did this thread become “roast AI renders” lol
 
Yeah, what does Jony Ive know about industrial design, especially when compared to some Internet rando?
Indeed. No one on the internet came up with his new Ferrari design :oops: .
1780147768952.webp
 
it's also important to consider market preferences in other regions as well. Station wagons / estates still sell a lot in Europe, and I'm willing to argue that certain levels of "crossovers" are within striking range of being called estates / station wagons, but they're labeled as crossovers for marketing. I think the Cosmos is treading towards that line to win over estate buyers as well.

Also I want it to be clear that I'm biased and I love station wagons, and I get envy seeing them sold in Europe while being next to extinct here in North America
I think that you and I might be the only people in the United States who like station wagons.
 
I think that you and I might be the only people in the United States who like station wagons.
I recall seeing a render of the Air turned into a wagon, and I would've bought the hell out of it if it existed.
 
it's also important to consider market preferences in other regions as well. Station wagons / estates still sell a lot in Europe, and I'm willing to argue that certain levels of "crossovers" are within striking range of being called estates / station wagons, but they're labeled as crossovers for marketing. I think the Cosmos is treading towards that line to win over estate buyers as well.

Also I want it to be clear that I'm biased and I love station wagons, and I get envy seeing them sold in Europe while being next to extinct here in North America
Interesting because I just read an article that the young people today are going back to sedans because they are rejecting the SUV because that's what their parents drive.
 
Interesting because I just read an article that the young people today are going back to sedans because they are rejecting the SUV because that's what their parents drive.
Mind sharing the article? I'd like to give it a read
 
Back
Top