Cosmos prototype

I know this is too far in the future to talk about it, but imagine a tri-motor Sapphire variant of that Cosmos, with slightly lowered suspension and wider stance. I can see a do-everything sport wagon taking shape!
I've been saying this forever but this is my dream. I wanted a smaller version of the Air (I love mine but don't need the space) in Sapphire trim, but this works. It looks very wagon-like in this picture.
 
For what it's worth, Rivian started on-road testing of the R2 in early August 2025 and subsequently started production in mid-April 2026. Obviously testing --> production timelines will differ by car and make, but if Lucid were to align with Rivian's timeline that would place Cosmos start of production in January 2027. I'm pumped!
 
To be clear: The original photo from this post is real. The other one with the dog is one of the worst fakes I've ever seen. Not even close to Lucid's design language.

And yes, The Gemini logo is pretty much a dead giveaway.

Back to the real photo: To me, it looks a lot more like a hot hatchback than an SUV. Which is a very, very good thing, as far as I'm concerned. And seeing it next to that hideous Model Y gives me a much better feel for the overall size, which is smaller than I thought. Which is also good.

If they can manage to ship these things intact and not completely screw the pooch on service, they will sell as many as they can make.

Oh, and for the love of all that is sacred, get the UWB Apple Car Key / Android Key working before shipping? Pretty please?
 
Back to the real photo: To me, it looks a lot more like a hot hatchback than an SUV. Which is a very, very good thing, as far as I'm concerned
Agree, I think that styling will make it work VERY well in European markets also.

Will be interested to see the back though because from what I recall Kyle saying is that it might be a love/hate thing.
 
Given the current Sapphire is $250k, a 3 motor sapphire version of the Cosmos would not be cheaper than a Taycan.
Economies of scale. They're going to be able to sell far more of these than the Air, so development of a sapphire version will be spread over many more cars, which should result in competitive pricing. I'd be surprised if the sapphire version was over $80k.
 
I’ll have an order in if a sapphire version is under $80k!! :) Might be a little early to talk sapphire… let’s get the dream/GT out first…
 
I’ll have an order in if a sapphire version is under $80k!! :) Might be a little early to talk sapphire… let’s get the dream/GT out first…
For 80k

Take my money

And if they manage to get 0-60 under 2.5 it will be a killer
 
$80K for a Sapphire Cosmos seems optimistic to me. A Sapphire Air is roughly double the cost of a loaded Air GT. I'll predict that if they make a Sapphire Cosmos it'll be double the price of a Cosmos GT, which will put it well into 6 figures.
 
Yeah I expect a GT version to get near 75K since that is where the IX3 and EX60 will be with the fully loaded big range and power ones...Maybe 100K for Sapphire...
 
Yeah I expect a GT version to get near 75K since that is where the IX3 and EX60 will be with the fully loaded big range and power ones...Maybe 100K for Sapphire...
yeah, I think $100k for a Sapphire is achievable, especially since the midsize platform is heavily focused on cost engineering. Maybe $80k-$90k if I'm being bold
 
yeah, I think $100k for a Sapphire is achievable, especially since the midsize platform is heavily focused on cost engineering. Maybe $80k-$90k if I'm being bold
I mean the Air Sapphire's carbon ceramic brakes are probably 10-15K alone, and it's got as much battery as the GT. A GT Cosmos needs near 100KWhr battery to get the 419 mile range (I assume they will just make it do one less than the Air Pure:) ) I am surprised it's still actually less efficient than the Air Touring and Pure, although maybe they will switch to the different EPA calc...
 
I mean the Air Sapphire's carbon ceramic brakes are probably 10-15K alone, and it's got as much battery as the GT. A GT Cosmos needs near 100KWhr battery to get the 419 mile range (I assume they will just make it do one less than the Air Pure:) ) I am surprised it's still actually less efficient than the Air Touring and Pure, although maybe they will switch to the different EPA calc...
I don't think a Cosmos Sapphire would have carbon ceramic brakes. As an option? Maybe, then that'll throw in the extra $10k.
 
I don't think a Cosmos Sapphire would have carbon ceramic brakes. As an option? Maybe, then that'll throw in the extra $10k.
I think it should, if it doing tri-motor 2.5s it should have it at least as an option, none of these Tesla weeny bs brakes like on their performance cars....
 
Funny enough, I might be in the minority here, but to me it looks just like a Model Y. Had to zoom in to really tell if it was a different car or not.

But agreed that this is likely the Cosmo. The R2 is like an inch shorter than the Model Y. It is clearly the benchmark in the segment.

With the range, charging speeds and luxury that Lucid can deliver, this could be a homerun. They just need to get it to market already but glad they are being careful with the launch. They NEED to get this one right.
 
Funny enough, I might be in the minority here, but to me it looks just like a Model Y. Had to zoom in to really tell if it was a different car or not.

But agreed that this is likely the Cosmo. The R2 is like an inch shorter than the Model Y. It is clearly the benchmark in the segment.

With the range, charging speeds and luxury that Lucid can deliver, this could be a homerun. They just need to get it to market already but glad they are being careful with the launch. They NEED to get this one right.
It looks more like a smaller Gravity than model Y. Look at the front alone and you should see it's different from Y. I like it; just hope it comes out 100% ready.
 
Back
Top